Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My Light Monk has .....

335% heal amp. - Kmm's Bard's scroll hit me for 648, lesser silver flame 368 as examples.

Many shot, Thousand stars, slayer arrows, Bow of Sinew(x5 crit mult in earth stance) and an Epic Thornlord (x4 crit in earth stance)

Over 500 HP (varies depending on what I'm doing normally 541 in earth stance.)

48 DC Stunning fist with 40 strength depending on Stances.

To Hit ranges from 44 to 54 using bows or fists depending on gear swaps and stances.

All with no temp buffs, cookies or yugo pots etc.

If anyone is interested then feel free to ask. I can't be bothered doing the whole this is my build thing. I can be MyDDO'd so ill leave the obvious gear on when I next log out. (Sifutam)

Fun Character - Top ranged dps, guild raid buffs, epic no miss stuns, above average dps, fast and easy self heals.
    Last edited by xxScoobyDooxx; 01-17-2012 at 09:17 PM.
    Flashious, Slashious, Bashious, Delushous, SifuTam Toustious, Sneakious
    Officer - Templar - Cannith

My monk out-dpses your monk.

Soaked/Soaking/Zecks/Zeckshealer - Cannith
    Soaked's build

Quote Originally Posted by freekay View Post
    nah your only a D17 and im a D20 muhahahahahhahha

Where is the link to your monk? I see one in your sig but thats not one.
    Outatime Exodus-Cradle of Life:Thelanis
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    Where is the link to your monk? I see one in your sig but thats not one.
    Sifutam of Cannith - 12 Monk 6 Ranger 2 Fighter - you can myDDO him

Quote Originally Posted by xxScoobyDooxx View Post
    Sifutam of Cannith - 12 Monk 6 Ranger 2 Fighter - you can myDDO him
    I dont trust my ddo and i didnt even ask you. When i say monk i dont mean tri class halfbreed.
    Outatime Exodus-Cradle of Life:Thelanis
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    I dont trust my ddo and i didnt even ask you. When i say monk i dont mean tri class halfbreed.
    Lol I don't have a "monk" per se. What I have is a mutt fighter/ranger/monk that is unarmed kensai, can manyshot with slaying arrows and can align the heavens for my blue-bar companions. And yes, it out-dpses SifuCramps :P - look up Soaked if you're interested.

Soaked's build

Oh, I have eThorn already Kmn pulled the shard yesterday on our eDQ1 run

Soaked's build

Oh, I have eThorn already Kmn pulled the shard yesterday on our eDQ1 run
    Serious? ... gratz dude ... I just got my claw gloves scroll finally so Im now maxed on my heal amp. I think my toon is finished gear wise now.

Your both's monks are garbage.

Oh.. and please explain, how have I managed to pull the aggro in ToD on my rog, with SB on, while giving you >10 seconds to build it?
    Server: Cannith
    Mains: Miahoo, Miahoorog, Miahoohealer, Miahoohjeal, Miahoopuke

11. 01-18-2012, 02:39 PM

Reason
    trolling

12. 01-19-2012, 04:16 AM

Reason
    trolling

Where are you getting the idea that Wis = DPS? Stunning fist? Woofriggenhoo. The day I see a purple named being stunned with stunning blow/fist is the day I'll contemplate bothering with wisdom. Running around, and stunning trash mobs, sure it's handy, but a decent Wizard would have it fingered by the time the mob's health is at 10%. In the case of SR mobs like drow, their fort saves (and HP for that matter) are so rediculously low that a stun DC of 43 is pretty close to no-fail.

I can achieve a stun DC of 43 on Soaked currently (47 if I equip an epic sparehand), but my Wis will be in the low 21s still. On the other hand, my str will be floating between 56 and 60 (cannith infusion dependent). Last time I checked, Str was the modifier for damage <_< Either that or I can just run epics with SifuTam and wait for him to stun a mob and then beat down on it... I'll still be doing more DPS then <_<

I suppose what I'm trying to say is, your magical Diyon is not the be-all and end-all of monk builds.

Soaked's build

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Where are you getting the idea that Wis = DPS? Stunning fist? Woofriggenhoo. The day I see a purple named being stunned with stunning blow/fist is the day I'll contemplate bothering with wisdom. Running around, and stunning trash mobs, sure it's handy, but a decent Wizard would have it fingered by the time the mob's health is at 10%. In the case of SR mobs like drow, their fort saves (and HP for that matter) are so rediculously low that a stun DC of 43 is pretty close to no-fail.

I can achieve a stun DC of 43 on Soaked currently (47 if I equip an epic sparehand), but my Wis will be in the low 21s still. On the other hand, my str will be floating between 56 and 60 (cannith infusion dependent). Last time I checked, Str was the modifier for damage <_< Either that or I can just run epics with SifuTam and wait for him to stun a mob and then beat down on it... I'll still be doing more DPS then <_<

I suppose what I'm trying to say is, your magical Diyon is not the be-all and end-all of monk builds.
    Agh, always people mouthing off that have no idea about game mechanics ...

10,000 Stars enhancement has Bren changed to be usable with bows and gives extra arrows based on your wisdom modifier. Higher wisdom = more attacks/second = more DPS. Diyon (and some other people) have generously given up some of their time to try to figure out exactly how the wisdom modifier effects DPS. Initial testing (only a few samples so far though) indicates that each point of wisdom modifier will equate to +3% DPS overall which, if the conclusions are correct, makes wisdom a better stat to invest in than strength for a character that plans to use bows about 3/4s of the time (manyshot->10 secs of melee or ranged->10k stars->30'secs melee->10k stars->manyshot etc).

Still, I don't know if Diyon's conclusions are correct which is why I suggested to the OP that he could contribute to the thread with some results of his own (maybe 1 set with min wisdom, 1 set with max).

Oops. I forgot to mention that to you, Bash. Zen archery is bugged atm - for some reason it won't apply your full Wisdom score... even funnier is, if you increase your dex, your to-hit score will still go up! Switch into wind stance and see!

Heh... this is why I switched out Zen Archery on my toon - it doesn't have access to 10k stars, so it was a worthless feat to me xD

Sorry for not telling you sooner... it must've slipped my mind - something about d17, d20 <_<

Soaked's build

Oops. I forgot to mention that to you, Bash. Zen archery is bugged atm - for some reason it won't apply your full Wisdom score... even funnier is, if you increase your dex, your to-hit score will still go up! Switch into wind stance and see!

Heh... this is why I switched out Zen Archery on my toon - it doesn't have access to 10k stars, so it was a worthless feat to me xD

Sorry for not telling you sooner... it must've slipped my mind - something about d17, d20 <_<

It's not such a bad bug as the to hit is still decent but the wraps bugs are terribad.

17. 01-24-2012, 07:15 PM

Reason
    discussing moderation

18. 01-25-2012, 03:12 AM

Reason
    discussing moderation

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

I'm surprised that you didn't go dark monk for +3d6 sneak attack, shadow fade and water walk. Why did you choose light monk instead?

I'd love to hear more feedback on this build and how it plays at level 20 as I've planned something quite similar (and already have almost all the gear even though it is 2 lives away).

Why cape of the roc over wretched twilight or another cloak? Did you burst both of your rings? Why not epic ring of the stalker? Thornlord has such a good crit profile it'd be a shame not to have seeker somewhere. Does Oremi's set apply to bows?

This is my build which is quite similar apart from being wisdom based instead. I'd love to hear some feedback on it, particularly the gear layout.

Are you aware that initial testing indicates that wisdom based would give higher DPS overall? Can you take some time out of your day to do some testing for the community and add it to Diyon's thread?

What's your ranged/melee proportion looking like so far? 1/4 melee, 3/4 ranged?

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    I'm surprised that you didn't go dark monk for +3d6 sneak attack, shadow fade and water walk. Why did you choose light monk instead?
    I have been Dark monk on this toon 5 times now. I have had shadow fade and sneak attack. I am Half elf .. I have rogue dille so I still get sneak attack. I raid with a top guild. Light monk buffs are essential in many raids and add more overall value to many rather than a potential slight dps increase to one monster.

I'd love to hear more feedback on this build and how it plays at level 20 as I've planned something quite similar (and already have almost all the gear even though it is 2 lives away).
    Once you've many shot slayer'd you'll never go back. I can thousand starts and immediately many shot and the 3 seconds after many shot thousand stars again for unreal continuous DPS. I hit over 40 Wisdom and have Zen archery.

Why cape of the roc over wretched twilight or another cloak? Did you burst both of your rings? Why not epic ring of the stalker? Thornlord has such a good crit profile it'd be a shame not to have seeker somewhere. Does Oremi's set apply to bows?.
    Epic roc is +3 exceptional strength. Both TOD rings are Holy and shocking burst. Nowhere else to get exception strength easily.

This is my build which is quite similar apart from being wisdom based instead. I'd love to hear some feedback on it, particularly the gear layout.
    I am wisdom/Strength build. Check my DDO for an idea on some of my gear.

Are you aware that initial testing indicates that wisdom based would give higher DPS overall? Can you take some time out of your day to do some testing for the community and add it to Diyon's thread?
    I hit over 40 Wisdom it needed in Water stance and gear swaps.

What's your ranged/melee proportion looking like so far? 1/4 melee, 3/4 ranged?
    Depends on the quest/raid and how lazy I'm feeling. Trash I use wraps (Alchemical earth/air) and bosses I use many shot rotation then wraps as a general idea.
    Last edited by xxScoobyDooxx; 01-18-2012 at 02:40 PM. Reason: typo's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast