Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What happens to items that would have ML>20?

Can we make +5 Holy Burst Greater Banes? Can we use them? Do we need to apply Masterful Craftsmanship to them, or does the ML get automatically set to 20 if you would exceed that?

As another question, unrelated to this (yeah, yeah, I hate threads with those secondary, unrelated questions, too), are crafted weapons subject to UMD restrictions for off-alignment properties? Can a monk wield Anarchic Burst wraps without a problem?
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Last I heard, items with ml over 20 are set to 20.

The other question I have no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    You may now return to your WoW bashing.
    Fweebie
    "Crouching Tiger Hidden Nerfbat!"

Min Level caps at 20, even if the +value should make it higher. Monks can use crafted Anarchic wraps, but unlike lootgen wraps, they will take the negative level. I'm fairly sure that True Chaos/Law and Pure Good will add a UMD check, but I don't think I've ever actually tested it.

Answering the next logical question:

What if I put a masterful craftsmanship (MC) (-2 to ml) on my +5 holy burst silver khopesh of greater evil outsider bane?

Nothing. The MC will only take the 2 levels off an item if the min level is normally exactly 20 or lower....so your uber khopesh listed above would normally be min level 25 (twice the enchantment level minus 1) but due to min level caps put in place by Turbine, it ends up being min level 20. In theory the MC shard would bring it down to min level 23.

And now you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
    Answering the next logical question:

What if I put a masterful craftsmanship (MC) (-2 to ml) on my +5 holy burst silver khopesh of greater evil outsider bane?

Nothing. The MC will only take the 2 levels off an item if the min level is normally exactly 20 or lower....so your uber khopesh listed above would normally be min level 25 (twice the enchantment level minus 1) but due to min level caps put in place by Turbine, it ends up being min level 20. In theory the MC shard would bring it down to min level 23.
    Next logical question:

What if I put a masterful craftsmanship on the (theoretically) ML 21 weapon? Will it become ML 19?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Next logical question:

What if I put a masterful craftsmanship on the (theoretically) ML 21 weapon? Will it become ML 19?
    It should, but with epic levels (greater than 20) coming, per the announcement, I have no idea what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
    It should, but with epic levels (greater than 20) coming, per the announcement, I have no idea what will happen.
    What will happen is that the items will have their ML recalculated to the appropriate number, capping at 25 instead of 20. This means that any items you currently have that should have an ML higher than 20 will become unusable until you attain the new level.
    This was explained by Eladrin a long time ago when crafting was introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Calebro View Post
    What will happen is that the items will have their ML recalculated to the appropriate number, capping at 25 instead of 20. This means that any items you currently have that should have an ML higher than 20 will become unusable until you attain the new level.
    This was explained by Eladrin a long time ago when crafting was introduced.
    This is what I expect will happen too.

Alas, the announced changes is not a level cap increase, we are getting 5 epic levels to add to our 20 normal levels. Turbine has not yet told us how it will work in regards to the overlevel crafted weapons.

But I expect we will have to level up to use them

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Next logical question:

Definitively yes. I have a ML 19 crafted GFL Con +6 ring as I write this.

As to the ML on stuff that should be above 20 raising or not, we'll have to wait and see I suppose; could go either way.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Good as place as any to remind folks, crafting was coded with an increase in the level cap possibley in the future.

Meaning, once (if) the level cap gets raised your items will be come ML 25. (or the approrprate amount over 20)

Just sayin.

Hero

Any minimum level above 20 is automatically lowered to accommodate the current level cap, meaning, at the moment the highest minimum level on an item available is level 20. You can, if you desire, make an item with potential 15 (would have been kinda stupid to add that if you couldn't even use it, wouldn't it?) and use it as soon as you hit level 20.

Applying masterful craftsmanship I to an item that has a potential of 12 or higher will not lower it's minimum level (the +5 holy burst of greater bane are potential 13, for the record) since masterful craftsmanship is applied before it limits the level requirement to the current level cap.

Anarchic on handwraps, as stated, will give the negative penalty to monks if the wraps are cannith crafted, even though random generated wraps do not give negative levels for the same effect.

True law, True chaos, and Pure good, do NOT have UMD requirements if you cannith craft them.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgeborn View Post
    Anarchic on handwraps, as stated, will give the negative penalty to monks if the wraps are cannith crafted, even though random generated wraps do not give negative levels for the same effect.

True law, True chaos, and Pure good, do NOT have UMD requirements if you cannith craft them.
    this is good info here - however - this is turbine - so i wouldnt want to rely on the umd staying this way

hob

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Unless there is a recent change, crafted items seem to avoid needing a UMD check for alignment.

My LG character was using True Chaos with no penalty.
    I gave up a life of farming to become an Adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    Unless there is a recent change, crafted items seem to avoid needing a UMD check for alignment.

My LG character was using True Chaos with no penalty.
    Good to know! Sahuagin and kobolds are both lawful, so I will make sure to craft a True Chaos weapon for my TR in a few days.

Although I am unsure why I would want her to remain lawful good. In fact, unless you play a paladin or a monk, why would ANYONE want to be lawful good? Most enemies in early game are lawful evil. Most enemies in end game are lawful evil. Most undead are lawful evil. Only mid-game you fight a lot of chaotics, unless you go for epic versions of these mid-game quests.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    We cap minimum levels of crafted items at the level cap. (Note that technically if the level cap were to change, so would the cap, and the item would update itself.)
    yep

Community Member

I crafted a holy burst silver great axe of greater evil outsider bane and added masterful craftsmanship and it is now ml 19.
    Characters:
    5th Life Human Paladin - Sorrowanddoo
    11th Life Sun Elf Wizard - Sorrowandei
    3rd Life Human Fighter - Sorrowandai