Thread: Need Help!

Community Member

Default Need Help!

Hi DDO people, I need some advice, but first, let me tell you about my situation:
    Adventure Packs I own:
    The Reaver's Reach
    The Catacombs
    Devil Assault
    Phirlan Carnival
    Attack on Stormreach
    The Inspired Quarter
    The Dreaming Dark
    Menace of the Underdark

I got 4,193 TPs.

I'm 38 House C Favors away from achieving Artificer.

---------------------
    So, this week, Artificer(and so do other classes and races) is on sale - which makes it's price 647 TPs.
    With a coupon, I can get it for just 447 TPs, which makes it a bit more than a 50% off sale.
    I've been thinking, whether to buy the Artificer class, or wait till I get it with favors.

I still need to wait for a sale on quests to be able to TR.

If I buy it, i'll have 3746 TPs left - which I think will be enough to get GH, Vale and Necro when they're on a sale.
    So.. to make a long story short:
    1. Buy or Achieve Artificer considering my packs and TPs situation?
    2. Are all the packs above + GH + Vale + Necro1-4 be enough for a 3rd lifer to get to 20?

Thanks to all helpers.

Quote Originally Posted by thbu21 View Post
    1. Buy or Achieve Artificer considering my packs and TPs situation?
    2. Are all the packs above + GH + Vale + Necro1-4 be enough for a 3rd lifer to get to 20?

Thanks to all helpers.
    1. Just grind out the favor and make some fancy challenge items with the ingredients you get.
    2. Yes.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Community Member

grind out the favor, I hate spending Tp for something I can unlock for free (drow, FvS, Arti)

their is more then enough content to do it, VoN is great for epic xp, so next time it is on sale, get it. But GH, vale and necro pack are very nice for xp, gear and fun. I am down to just needing MotU and the newest content. Enjoy the Game!
    We are all lost travelers, on a journey to find that which we do not know, but it is not a prize we seek, but the road that must be taken, it is that inside us that drives us forward into the unknown.

Community Member

as to question 1, that is more of a personal preference thing. If you enjoy the content, then I would grind out the favor for Arty. If you don't like the content, then I would consider buying the class. On the topic of the adventure packs, I would also recommend picking up the vault of night and demon sands packs as well. Both of those have some amazing xp opportunities. Yes, you can get a 3rd life to 20 without them, but it will require significantly more grind to do. Von 3 and tomb of the wizard king are among the best xp quests in the game, especially if you can run them quickly.