Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Upgrading old Reaver gear to new Reaver gear issue

A bit confused about the release notes today...from what I read, old items were supposed to be able to be upgraded now using the altar in Gianthold. I rushed over there on my TR with Ventilated Bracers (+7 armor along with the other stuff makes this a convenient +7 armor bracer in a few levels)...only to see only the Amulet of the Stormreaver and Cloudburst as the only items able to be upgraded...am I doing something wrong, or are these the only items that can be upgraded currently from the old version to the new upgradeable versions?

Edit: Went to necro just to check...looks like all the items are there. So the issue is either me or Gianthold.
    Last edited by WruntJunior; 12-14-2011 at 08:32 AM.
    Pestilence: Wruntjunior ~ Dragonborn Fire Sorc (finished completionist project) // Wruntarrow ~ HW Archer // Youngwrunt ~ SWF SDK Bardbarian // Wruntstaff ~ Stick Melee (current tr project)

/sigh

This is so sad...

Do you guys do anything right the first time?

Christ.

Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by somenewnoob View Post
    Do you guys do anything right the first time?

Christ.

Fail.
    To be fair this would be the second time. The first would be them not putting in upgrades when they released they upgraded the drops in the first place.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    To be fair this would be the second time. The first would be them not putting in upgrades when they released they upgraded the drops in the first place.
    Do you guys do anything right the 2nd time!!

Christ.

FAIL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Or the third, depending on how you look at it, since it went down like this:

1 - Introduce new upgrade mechanism = No way to upgrade items
    2 - Fix seals to drop in raids = Can't upgrade old items
    3 - Fix old items to be upgradable = Still can't upgrade most Reaver ones

The one thing Turbine consistently gets right is QA Fail

Before more people start complaining, I would like at least one person to verify I'm not just being ********...I'm really hoping it's just that.
    Pestilence: Wruntjunior ~ Dragonborn Fire Sorc (finished completionist project) // Wruntarrow ~ HW Archer // Youngwrunt ~ SWF SDK Bardbarian // Wruntstaff ~ Stick Melee (current tr project)

To the OP, it's not just you, i rushed in with madstones in hand, same problem.

Maybe next update/patch perhaps, sigh.

Ah well, back to the game.
    Coitfluff Coitrippr Luciforge Coitburner Coithealz: Ghallanda

Community Manager

Unfortunately, the ability to upgrade most "old" reaver raid loot did not make it into the patch. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will be adding this to our Known Issues list soon. We expect to fix this in a future update.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We expect to fix this in a future update.
    I notice you didnt say next update, but future update.

Quote Originally Posted by mystafyi View Post
    I notice you didnt say next update, but future update.
    yes, but that's what they said about all this new upgraded loot - and in the very next update since they last said it, some of it is fixed. I'm sure they were aiming for all of it, but clearly they did what they could, which means they're actively working on it, 'future' or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Unfortunately, the ability to upgrade most "old" reaver raid loot did not make it into the patch. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will be adding this to our Known Issues list soon. We expect to fix this in a future update.
    lol.

At this rate you might be better just not typing release notes pre patch.. I think every single one of them is wrong:

Fixed several "String table" errors on challenge items and augment slots.
    -- Nope, they still show up.

Characters can no longer be power-leveled in challenges.
    --- Something that benefited players? Perhaps this is the one thing that actaully did make it in, not tested tho.

[edit] Items

Existing cookie jars should now contain the new cookies properly.
    --- Nope.
    There are now recipes to turn in old Stormreaver and Black Abbot raid loot items to grant them the "upgradeable" effect, which will allow them to be upgraded with Seals from the Hard/Elite difficulty modes of those raids.
    --- Nope.
    Three items from the Black Abbot raid (Breeze, Enduring Conviction, and Unwavering Ardency) were only appearing in upgradeable form on Normal difficulty. Now the upgradeable versions are available on Hard and Elite as well.
    --- ermm ok. But you have a known issue that says they aren't upgradeabloe, which is false, thats been fixed. They are all "upgradeable" in some form. Tho using the word upgradeable is a bit questionable in this case, as all three of those items got nerfed in some ways.
    The Tinker's Finesse set bonus now correctly grants the wearer True Seeing.
    --- Waana bet?
    Last edited by Shade; 12-14-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    lol.

At this rate you might be better just not typing release notes pre patch.. I think every single one of them is wrong:

--- Something that benefited players? Perhaps this is the one thing that actaully did make it in, not tested tho.

[edit] Items

--- Nope.
    There are now recipes to turn in old Stormreaver and Black Abbot raid loot items to grant them the "upgradeable" effect, which will allow them to be upgraded with Seals from the Hard/Elite difficulty modes of those raids.
    --- Nope.
    Three items from the Black Abbot raid (Breeze, Enduring Conviction, and Unwavering Ardency) were only appearing in upgradeable form on Normal difficulty. Now the upgradeable versions are available on Hard and Elite as well.
    --- ermm ok. But you have a known issue that says they aren't upgradeabloe, which is false, thats been fixed. They are all "upgradeable" in some form. Tho using the word upgradeable is a bit questionable in this case, as all three of those items got nerfed in some ways.
    --- Waana bet?
    Are you saying that the string table errors are still displaying on challenge items and augment slots after today's update?

Also, can you explain a little more about the cookie issue you are experiencing. I just checked on my non-admin character on the live servers, who has new cookies and an "old" cookie jar, and everything seems to be working fine post-patch.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Are you saying that the string table errors are still displaying on challenge items and augment slots after today's update?
    At least in some cases:
    Quote Originally Posted by genneko View Post
    my tier3 stalker ring is still broken / patch 12.2

/sigh
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    At least in some cases:
    Double string table errors!

What does it mean? It's so bright, so vivid.

Also, can you explain a little more about the cookie issue you are experiencing. I just checked on my non-admin character on the live servers, who has new cookies and an "old" cookie jar, and everything seems to be working fine post-patch.
    My Pre U12.1 Epic Ring of the Stalker no longer displays a String Table Error for the Manslayer effect, however, Manslayer itself doesn't seem to work. My Cookie Jar has been updated, and the new cookies happily go in to it.

I've added what's been said in this thread and results from testing after U12.2 was deployed to my "Update 12 Broken ‘Things’ Master List" (Now with U12.2!)

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    My Cookie jar that I bought last year *is* working.

The upgrades for Unwavering Ardency and the Quiver of Alacrity is working properly.

If someone would have been so kind as to not charge 5 tapestries… takes a deep breath so I don’t type something ban worthy… for the old to new base item crossgrade. I could have also tested the Robe, and the Cloak.
    I upgraded my Unwavering Ardency this morning too, the Flaming Graphic on it seems a little bugged and honestly annoys me, but I'll live.

I personally believe the 5 Tapestries required are because they didn't want to risk having another not quite working Stone of Change Ritual of Second Chances recipe, though why 5 was chosen and not 1 puzzles me.
    Last edited by NexEverto; 12-14-2011 at 07:06 PM.
    || Arari - Cleric Rogue || Athyria - Satanic Mechanic || Ethirial - Arcane Archer || Tiarinlasa - Spell Singer || Zirron - Divine Avenger ||

Quote Originally Posted by NexEverto View Post
    I upgraded my Unwavering Ardency this morning too, the Flaming Graphic on it seems a little bugged and honestly annoys me, but I'll live.
    Heh. I actually think it looks kind of cool. I’d *really* like to see the new version of the bow in the hands of an arcane archer. (And, incidentally, I need to correct this page on the wiki! )
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Community Member

I can confirm that my Tier 3 Epic Ring of the Stalker also still has 2 string table errors in place of the exceptional sneak attack and the manslayer abilities. Also, it does not have the slot that it should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    lol.

[edit] Items

--- Nope.
    --- Nope.
    --- Waana bet?
    LOL
    And the "Wanna bet" made me laughing strong

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast