Default WTB: The Mad Lute

I have lots of bards and need to pimp some of them out. If you have one laying around that you aren't using let me know. Check out my trade list linked in my sig below and send me a PM.

I really like the design of this item (visual aspect of it), unfortunately isnt very useful. Needs a upgrade to be useful in melee and/or to be useful in casting.

For melee, the fact is a greatclub kind of ruins it from the start (20/x2 crit); has no impact in it so you need to have improved critical; base damage is nice for a non epic - non crafted weapon; has Metalline and Thunderclap: would you consider using this for melee? Having in mind its minimum level 18, in what game content would you use it...?

For casting, it only boost sonic damage (as if theres good sonic spells to deal damage) and gives you spell penetration, theres no boost for your healing spells, theres no focus on a magic school (evocation or enchantment for instance) nor it has, what a item like this should had from its basic design, the Anthem ability (this in my opinion should be a must in a item that is a lute...) which would make it at least situational useful. On top of all this, its two handed which means uou cannot have a scroll or wand at the same time you have this!

So, unless its just for flavor and the fact you can wander around with a big lute, theres no point in having this item!

As always, IMO!
    Black
    WARSWORDS
    Blackmoors (Pale Master) | Bloodrake (Defender of Siberys) | Darckmoor (Angel of Vengeance) | Doulbelades (Berserker) | Thayed (Warchanter)
    [TRADE LIST]

Community Member

I'll see what I can do for you. Need to farm a bauble anyways so I'll try to run this again tonight and see what I pull.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmoors View Post
    I really like the design of this item (visual aspect of it), unfortunately isnt very useful. Needs a upgrade to be useful in melee and/or to be useful in casting.

For melee, the fact is a greatclub kind of ruins it from the start (20/x2 crit); has no impact in it so you need to have improved critical; base damage is nice for a non epic - non crafted weapon; has Metalline and Thunderclap: would you consider using this for melee? Having in mind its minimum level 18, in what game content would you use it...?

For casting, it only boost sonic damage (as if theres good sonic spells to deal damage) and gives you spell penetration, theres no boost for your healing spells, theres no focus on a magic school (evocation or enchantment for instance) nor it has, what a item like this should had from its basic design, the Anthem ability (this in my opinion should be a must in a item that is a lute...) which would make it at least situational useful. On top of all this, its two handed which means uou cannot have a scroll or wand at the same time you have this!

So, unless its just for flavor and the fact you can wander around with a big lute, theres no point in having this item!

As always, IMO!
    Black
    Unfortunately, I didn't ask for your opinion of the item, this literally made me laugh. Why on earth would you go this much out of your way just to tell me why you think it's useless? Boggles my mind I'm at a loss for words....

If I could, I'd sell you mine -- but I've equipped it and had no desire to use it after a trial.

I don't like it for exactly the reasons presented prior. If you really want to pimp your bard(s), epic some Elyd Edges.
    Dec 21, 2011: Regarding signature errors like the one to the left:
    Quote Originally Posted by droipamine View Post
    I imagine we'll be looking at this very soon.

Not really related, but I always liked it on my bard life for the +3 to Spell Pen to better land Otto's Irresistible Dance. I don't have a spare one of these, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyAlliance View Post
    I have lots of bards and need to pimp some of them out. If you have one laying around that you aren't using let me know. Check out my trade list linked in my sig below and send me a PM.
    I run this once a night, next one i pull i'll mail ya

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    I run this once a night, next one i pull i'll mail ya
    Yeah, it's funny. They seem far more common than the bauble/arrowhead in the couple of weeks that I've ransacked this.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Yeah, it's funny. They seem far more common than the bauble/arrowhead in the couple of weeks that I've ransacked this.
    yeah big time, i seen around 10 of these to 2 arrows and 1 bauble since the changes.

Wow haha I actually spent time and farmed for it forever in full groups which and no one ever got it. But of course, that's the way it seems to go, it never drops if you really want it

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HolyAlliance View Post
    Wow haha I actually spent time and farmed for it forever in full groups which and no one ever got it. But of course, that's the way it seems to go, it never drops if you really want it
    It didn't used to drop unless you did the optional. Now it can drop in the Hard/Elite extra chest(s).