Community Member

Default Turn off Bind to Character confirmation

When I try to pick up a quest item that is bound to character I get a huge confirmation pop-up. This happens in the middle of several quests and with end of quest rewards.

It says: "Picking up the **** will bind it to you permanently. Once an item is 'bound' to you, you cannot auction, mail, or trade the item to any other characters. Do you wish to continue?" Yes or no.

The frustrating thing is, this never used to happen. I have never seen this message prior to update 11, and it only seems to come up with new characters. All the char created before this update don't get this message currently. I've also noticed it does not show up on with every BTC item (i.e. picking up ingredient bags from NPCs), looks like it's just quest related.

I would LOVE to turn this off since it's not useful and always gets in the way. In a game where being fast is valued this is a huge speed bump. Maybe I checked off something on my old chars a long time ago, but there doesn't seem to be any options for this in the UI or Gameplay menu. Could not find any info about this on ddo.com, unofficial sites, or any forum posts.

Has anyone else noticed this and found it annoying? Any suggestions or is this a request for DEV?

Community Member

Though I am not against options to turn it off if you need to I do find this to be very useful. I always hit loot all for quick looting and this popup allows me to loot my trash quick while I figure out who is going to get this BTC item.
    Cannith - Noehealz, Protectorjon, Noebuffs, Mortion

Quote Originally Posted by morticianjohn View Post
    ...this popup allows me to loot my trash quick while I figure out who is going to get this BTC item.
    He's talking about quest items like keys, smuggler's gems, books, etc. Things that, generally, it doesn't matter who gets them unless you're talking things like the supply crates in Stormcleave outpost that you actually have to turn in.

Yes, I find this annoying.

It's always been like that, nothing new here.

The only time this dialog box doesn't pop up is when you're soloing a quest(or with a hire). I assume this is why you've never seen the dialog box before

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    He's talking about quest items like keys, smuggler's gems, books, etc. Things that, generally, it doesn't matter who gets them unless you're talking things like the supply crates in Stormcleave outpost that you actually have to turn in.
    Exactly that. But it's also things like all of the quest rewards in Korthos, or when you create a new vet and pick up your weapon from Bellweather Bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Four20 View Post
    It's always been like that, nothing new here.

The only time this dialog box doesn't pop up is when you're soloing a quest(or with a hire). I assume this is why you've never seen the dialog box before
    A worthwhile premise, but I ran tests using both old and new chars on the same quest both in and out of a party. The Korthos storehouse only takes a few seconds to run and gives 2 BTC items including the reward. The results were the same, party makes no difference. The new one got the pop-up, the old one did not. If it's always been that way, why don't my old ones get the message? There must be some difference.

And I'm sure someone finds it useful, or at least someone thought it would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Burningelm View Post
    Exactly that. But it's also things like all of the quest rewards in Korthos, or when you create a new vet and pick up your weapon from Bellweather Bill....
    Yeah, pretty silly on quest end rewards, too...it isn't like you can pass anything there anyway.