Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    Since were comparing his build vs mine, make it human vs human.

And Does tha tdmg boost affect SA dmg? thought only base dmg.
    Base weapon damage + sneak attack damage, not elemental/alignment effects though obviously.

Well yes, your build would be better as human, that much is obvious. If you want to adjust the formula for human vs human go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    Base weapon damage + sneak attack damage, not elemental/alignment effects though obviously.

Well yes, your build would be better as human, that much is obvious. If you want to adjust the formula for human vs human go ahead.
    My threads more about builds/advice then anything. Plus showing rogues can actually dps lol

Gonna post a pic soon.

ddo DDO max highest dps damage per second rogue MAX DPS dungeons and dragons Dungeons and dragons DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS
    Last edited by Rogann; 02-27-2013 at 11:19 PM.

My threads more about builds/advice then anything. Plus showing rogues can actually dps lol

Gonna post a pic soon.
    Can actually DPS? Oh, I thought I played a rogue just to do traps.
    /sarcasm

Heh, thanks to all of the number crunchers, nice to quantify the difference.

Me I just play, have fun, and see how it turns out. Easier that way for us simpletons!

I tried to go the number cruncher route when I first started this game, but then turbine always changes things and there seems to me to always be too many variables at play to do solid comparisons. It is easier for me to just roll up different versions and have at it in game!

I used the around 80% figure based on gameplay, not actual number crunching. Still 80% is not all that far off from what you guys came up with. I also tend to be a little conservative with claims like that.
    Last edited by Mellkor; 12-03-2011 at 11:06 PM.
    Mellkor Wizard, Culpepper Cleric, Coyle Warlock, Anarion Mechanic Archer, Ungoliant, Assassin, Tulkas Astaldo Vanguard Pally,
    ***Argonnessen***
    ~~Ascent~~

Your quote is all theoretical bud.

I have a legit toon with all the gear/stats....
    Certainly not theoretical. I am playing a rogue with those stats. (well almost, still have some epic token slots to fill and still need the abbot gear, as well as TR into a helf)

Link is in my sig, as well as previously posted here.
    Mellkor Wizard, Culpepper Cleric, Coyle Warlock, Anarion Mechanic Archer, Ungoliant, Assassin, Tulkas Astaldo Vanguard Pally,
    ***Argonnessen***
    ~~Ascent~~

Didn't state is was useless or bad. I commented that assassinate means nothing for your survivability.
    The most dangerous mobs in epics are the caster mobs. They also have the weakest fort saves. Before the group of mobs even know youre there, the caster dies to your assassinate.

I beg to differ. When the most dangerous mob in each encounter just died before being able to take one single action, stock in your survivability just went up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Having the 5-piece Abishai set for more HP is silly, when you don't even take toughness. While it's nice to feel "complete," you can do strictly better by taking toughness dumping, say PL:Rogue, and getting gear that increases your DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Having the 5-piece Abishai set for more HP is silly, when you don't even take toughness. While it's nice to feel "complete," you can do strictly better by taking toughness dumping, say PL:Rogue, and getting gear that increases your DPS.
    This build is about MAX dps if you didnt notice...

I gain 40 hp with the 5 set, same as toughness(and 2 enhancements)...

Not to mention makings a GS hp necklace gaining me 45 more hp.

AND i can get duel epic kronzeks to drop exotic prof FOR toughness.

AND i can go human to get an extra toughness...

plz know what your talking about.

But you haven't made any of those important changes to the build. Sure, drop a feat or change race, but then it isn't the same build (instead it'll be a better build).

Don't go getting defensive and making personal attacks on people, not very becoming.

Well if you want to talk about MAX dps, then you can't do 5 piece. At least two of the 5-piece do absolutely nothing for your DPS. If you take toughness and stick with 3 piece, you can free up two whole slots for more DPS while maintaining even more HP than you would otherwise.

But you haven't made any of those important changes to the build. Sure, drop a feat or change race, but then it isn't the same build (instead it'll be a better build).

Don't go getting defensive and making personal attacks on people, not very becoming.
    What? Ive listed all of it in gear notes....

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Well if you want to talk about MAX dps, then you can't do 5 piece. At least two of the 5-piece do absolutely nothing for your DPS. If you take toughness and stick with 3 piece, you can free up two whole slots for more DPS while maintaining even more HP than you would otherwise.
    I wouldnt say more hp. GS hp necklace+epic might would be more).

And more dps? I wouldnt say that. I guess you could get Fabricator's gaunlets but with a low proc rate and 20% more hate would be pretty bad.

Did they fix epic gem yet? You can use epic claw bracers + egem. But then you loose 4 seeker and gain 20% more hate.

Getting rid of helm or boots wont gain much. Can grab madstones but will only gain 2/1 dmg assumeing you get hit enough to proc double madstone all the time.

Any items i missed?

I cant see many ways to gain more dps by removeing 2 chrono items.

Added an image to show the numbers, was just an average ebob.

And of course we got skunked XD

Community Member

If it's max dps I agree with OP that having PL:Rogue is a must. Very few feats/items give you +10 damage per hit for 3 mins/shrine

Question to OP: What is in your trinket slot? Getting rid of 2 abi slots that give you zero dps and replacing with (for example) a CC hat with seeker 6, a 45hp GS item and put bold/litany item in trinket would give you more dps than you setup. And more hit points. Basically any item that gives some dps without increasing threat+1 GS hp item benefits you more than the last 2 abi items. Or did I miss something, didn't read thru the whole thread

Also, with the number of fire immune bosses at end game, for example epic mari chain is arguably more boss-dps than the red dragon armor
    Last edited by grandeibra; 12-04-2011 at 03:48 AM.

Community Member Absolute-Omniscience's Avatar

I wouldnt say more hp. GS hp necklace+epic might would be more).

And more dps? I wouldnt say that. I guess you could get Fabricator's gaunlets but with a low proc rate and 20% more hate would be pretty bad.

Did they fix epic gem yet? You can use epic claw bracers + egem. But then you loose 4 seeker and gain 20% more hate.

Getting rid of helm or boots wont gain much. Can grab madstones but will only gain 2/1 dmg assumeing you get hit enough to proc double madstone all the time.

Any items i missed?

I cant see many ways to gain more dps by removeing 2 chrono items.
    Claw set will give you more DPS than chrono bracers / gloves. Of course it'll give you some hate, and in order to get the full benefit from it you'll need a good tank in your party.
    But it would increase your DPS, just so you are aware.

Double kron'zek's isn't max DPS either, since they do less damage than a air/air/air(lob) + lightingstrike combo. Can even go fire/air/air + lighting strike (or holy of greater bane) if you don't have +10 seeker on marilith.
    Last edited by Absolute-Omniscience; 12-04-2011 at 03:25 AM.
    Active
    EU player since release, US player since the summer of 2009.

I'd like to see the breakdown of the strength score in the OP.

20 base +5 levels +2 enhancement +6 item +3 exceptional +3 profane +3 tome =42

However, litany doesn't give +1 as it is profane as well. If you pull a +4 tome you'll need a +7 strength item; probably epic red dragon helm (slot wise).

Second ring should probably be Epic Ring of the Stalker.

Alchemic weapons are vastly superior to your litIIs and can provide CC (for free sneak attacks) and/or huge DPS. However, to be valued in those raids if suggest to swap in Wrack Construct III so you can have a go at being DPS there too rather than a wasted party slot. You could spend a lot of time here. Good/Air/Air/Air (silver slotted), Good/Earth/Earth/Earth (cold iron slotted) are just some ideas.

Still, 2 significant changes that would greatly improve the build:
    Drop strength by 2 points, increase intelligence by 6.
    Change to human.

I love that you're on a crusade to educate people that yes, rogues are DPS. However, us forumites know that, we want the most out of our rogues and laugh/feel sad at how much potential you waste when you "only" want to do DPS with your rogue (traps are a given of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute-Omniscience View Post
    Claw set will give you more DPS than chrono bracers / gloves. Of course it'll give you some hate, and in order to get the full benefit from it you'll need a good tank in your party.
    But it would increase your DPS, just so you are aware.

Double kron'zek's isn't max DPS either, since they do less damage than a air/air/air(lob) + lightingstrike combo. Can even go fire/air/air + lighting strike (or holy of greater bane) if you don't have +10 seeker on marilith.
    Cant go Marillith on a rogue, youll die like no tomorrow.

I'd like to see the breakdown of the strength score in the OP.

20 base +5 levels +2 enhancement +6 item +3 exceptional +3 profane +3 tome =42

However, litany doesn't give +1 as it is profane as well. If you pull a +4 tome you'll need a +7 strength item; probably epic red dragon helm (slot wise).

Second ring should probably be Epic Ring of the Stalker.

Alchemic weapons are vastly superior to your litIIs and can provide CC (for free sneak attacks) and/or huge DPS. However, to be valued in those raids if suggest to swap in Wrack Construct III so you can have a go at being DPS there too rather than a wasted party slot. You could spend a lot of time here. Good/Air/Air/Air (silver slotted), Good/Earth/Earth/Earth (cold iron slotted) are just some ideas.

Still, 2 significant changes that would greatly improve the build:
    Drop strength by 2 points, increase intelligence by 6.
    Change to human.

I love that you're on a crusade to educate people that yes, rogues are DPS. However, us forumites know that, we want the most out of our rogues and laugh/feel sad at how much potential you waste when you "only" want to do DPS with your rogue (traps are a given of course).
    Yes alchemical weapons are superior in every way however its gonna take a long time to get 2 teir 3 khopeshs.

Quote Originally Posted by grandeibra View Post
    If it's max dps I agree with OP that having PL:Rogue is a must. Very few feats/items give you +10 damage per hit for 3 mins/shrine

Question to OP: What is in your trinket slot? Getting rid of 2 abi slots that give you zero dps and replacing with (for example) a CC hat with seeker 6, a 45hp GS item and put bold/litany item in trinket would give you more dps than you setup. And more hit points. Basically any item that gives some dps without increasing threat+1 GS hp item benefits you more than the last 2 abi items. Or did I miss something, didn't read thru the whole thread

Also, with the number of fire immune bosses at end game, for example epic mari chain is arguably more boss-dps than the red dragon armor
    My trinket slots are:bloodstone/egem.

Dont forget about the epic slots. Looseing them id only be able to get the basics. I can make a GS hp necklace even with 5 peices on.

I said redscale is the highest dps for rogues as in if you have marillith chain on you cant evade therefore your dead.

Community Member

Hehe,

Totally agreed on marilith for rogues, but for max dps it is an alternative for example in raids vs outsiders where you have a good tank

Dropping nyoko necky for 45hp drops your dps.

Dropping 2 abi items gives you 2 free spots, for example one for 45hp one for dps/possiblily to use litany instead of BS/egem. Seems to me that you have plenty enough epic slots in your setup. If you prefer to get some of the "non-basics" instead of max dps that is completely fair and may in fact be better, but it's not max dps is all

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast