Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
    Thought monk PL was melee only? Someone else told me its for unarmed damage only, not sure if it applies to regular melee weapons? Sometimes these descriptions are not clear what they do.
    monk passive pl gives +1 damage. on everything. if it doesn't work then it's broken i guess.

Off Topic but does anyone know the TOD set, either Ninja Spy or Assasin set, are the sneak attack to-hit regular to-hit or exceptional to-hit? Wonder if it stacks with Raven set.
    ninja spy gives +2 exceptional to hit (not on only on sneaks) and stacks with backstabbing item, while assassin set only gives to hit on sneaks and it doesn't stack with backstabbing item.

the ravens set gives +4 untyped bonus to hit and it stacks with everything.
    Jesus saves. Everyone else rounds to nearest 5%.

Sarlona: Nafaka[Rogue] Nandu[Monk] Neotheny[Wizard]
    Bullet Fist Tony My rogue's build

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4405 View Post
    monk passive pl gives +1 damage. on everything. if it doesn't work then it's broken i guess.

ninja spy gives +2 exceptional to hit (not on only on sneaks) and stacks with backstabbing item, while assassin set only gives to hit on sneaks and it doesn't stack with backstabbing item.

+1 to rep. Thanks, wondered about that.
    Fallout, Unforgiven, Skyline, Radient, Tenken, Sagat (first name not Bob).

Edited the post to better reflect my gear loadout/fix typos.

Should main Kyoshos ring.
    Last edited by Rogann; 12-20-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4405 View Post
    So the Ninja Spy Set's Excep SA is WAI? I could test Assassin Set on my Ftr and verify it's broken, and wondered about that. Glad to know. +1
    Sarlona: Sagarana (Drow Roguenought) / ~Katrynna~ (Human Assassin) / ~Jcuervo~ (HElf Emerald) / ~Jwalkers~ (Human PM)

Originally Posted by destiny4405 View Post

+1 to rep. Thanks, wondered about that.

I've decided to forgo the assassin set in favor of the veriks and ravager rings...that's just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by arroyo View Post
    So the Ninja Spy Set's Excep SA is WAI? I could test Assassin Set on my Ftr and verify it's broken, and wondered about that. Glad to know. +1
    Ninja spy only has a stackable +2 to-hit. The +5 SA dmg does not stack.

Id drop all SA related TOD sets.

Ravager + kyoshos is the best setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    Ninja spy only has a stackable +2 to-hit. The +5 SA dmg does not stack.

Id drop all SA related TOD sets.

Ravager + kyoshos is the best setup.
    I agree that SA related ToD sets aren't worth much.

But, out of curiosity i did a test in a spreadsheet on my human rogue, 1st wearing Veriks necklace for 2 more boosts and 2nd with Shintao set. Both 5 minutes fights.

Veriks - 4 min boosts, 1 min w/o
    Shintao - 3 min boosts, 2 min w/o but +2 dmg each hit for 5 min

Veriks won by around 12 DPS. Mind you it's 5 minute scenario for a human rogue, for horc it should be at least 6 minutes to benefit from extra boosts, and it's counting HV as +5 dmg before crits, not +25% for base+SA damage. So in reality it's a lot more than 12 DPS. Not to mention you have a free slot for a ring.

So for 2-3 minute fights i'm wearing Kyosho set, but if something takes longer to kill than 3 minutes, Veriks is better DPS. The breakpoint seems to be 10 minutes for my rogue when Veriks and Kyosho comes near. But you can always swap out Veriks for Kyosho after you've ran out of boosts. And this is still counting HV like the old +5 dmg.

Horc can be a little different due to no HV and more haste boosts, more STR, PA and so on.
    Last edited by brzytki; 12-21-2011 at 07:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute-Omniscience View Post
    Did Einstein solo eLoB without pots or what?
    Guild: Captain's Crew
    Characters: Kyorli , Xunrae , Halisstra , Nyarly

Default Gimp!!

Ohhhhh my favorite rogue in whole sarlona!!!!! Wsup gimp its yah boy killadrill, kantouch etc... Nice build man!!!! but u still a gimp in pvp!!! :P
    Be cool...

Quote Originally Posted by brzytki View Post
    I agree that SA related ToD sets aren't worth much.

But, out of curiosity i did a test in a spreadsheet on my human rogue, 1st wearing Veriks necklace for 2 more boosts and 2nd with Shintao set. Both 5 minutes fights.

Veriks - 4 min boosts, 1 min w/o
    Shintao - 3 min boosts, 2 min w/o but +2 dmg each hit for 5 min

Veriks won by around 12 DPS. Mind you it's 5 minute scenario for a human rogue, for horc it should be at least 6 minutes to benefit from extra boosts, and it's counting HV as +5 dmg before crits, not +25% for base+SA damage. So in reality it's a lot more than 12 DPS. Not to mention you have a free slot for a ring.

So for 2-3 minute fights i'm wearing Kyosho set, but if something takes longer to kill than 3 minutes, Veriks is better DPS. The breakpoint seems to be 10 minutes for my rogue when Veriks and Kyosho comes near. But you can always swap out Veriks for Kyosho after you've ran out of boosts. And this is still counting HV like the old +5 dmg.

Horc can be a little different due to no HV and more haste boosts, more STR, PA and so on.
    Dont forget that when you un-equip it, you loose the Haste Boosts you gained... Personally i get rather annoyed by that so ill never use Veriks.

Quote Originally Posted by IIVIIotha View Post
    Ohhhhh my favorite rogue in whole sarlona!!!!! Wsup gimp its yah boy killadrill, kantouch etc... Nice build man!!!! but u still a gimp in pvp!!! :P
    Yea rogues are horrible in pvp -.-

Im quitting though so cya in a year? lol

Dont forget that when you un-equip it, you loose the Haste Boosts you gained... Personally i get rather annoyed by that so ill never use Veriks.
    Lol, Gimps! I had that problem too... At first I liked it so much, having the free extra Boosts (you didn't even need the Ring). Then I went for a quick eBT, long before the nerf. First, when I GH'd myself with Draconic Necklace, I noticed something was wrong. Then I Invis'd some stragglers with Nyoko... At the end I had like 3 boosts. I trash vendor'd it right after we finished.
    Sarlona: Sagarana (Drow Roguenought) / ~Katrynna~ (Human Assassin) / ~Jcuervo~ (HElf Emerald) / ~Jwalkers~ (Human PM)

Quote Originally Posted by arroyo View Post
    Lol, Gimps! I had that problem too... At first I liked it so much, having the free extra Boosts (you didn't even need the Ring). Then I went for a quick eBT, long before the nerf. First, when I GH'd myself with Draconic Necklace, I noticed something was wrong. Then I Invis'd some stragglers with Nyoko... At the end I had like 3 boosts. I trash vendor'd it right after we finished.
    Yeah, i had that problem too but i solved it the other way round - vendored Draconic Necklace and Nyoko's and kept Planar Gird and a generic robe with invisi clicky

Yeah, i had that problem too but i solved it the other way round - vendored Draconic Necklace and Nyoko's and kept Planar Gird and a generic robe with invisi clicky
    While we are at it exchanging anecdotes about gear swaps. I am not too fond of my Planar Gird.
    My Con and GFL is in the belt slot. I learned it the hard way that it's not too bright to get GH from there when you want to scroll-heal yourself from 60ish HP after just being ressed.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

14. 12-29-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    While we are at it exchanging anecdotes about gear swaps. I am not too fond of my Planar Gird.
    My Con and GFL is in the belt slot. I learned it the hard way that it's not too bright to get GH from there when you want to scroll-heal yourself from 60ish HP after just being ressed.
    Oh, how many times have I done that after releasing? XD

I have a lot of swaps on Necklace slot (like UW, Diplo, Bluff, etc) which now I'm switching to Rings/Belts. Don't you wanna give me your Gird? =]

Tring into Cleric.

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Tring into Cleric.
    I'll look forward to your MAX DPS CLERIC build/guide

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    I'll look forward to your MAX DPS CLERIC build/guide
    lmao

everything you people mention can be scrolled easily (gh might take a few tries if your umd is sucky...)
    leader of Stijene
    Sarlona - Brko - Kalopsia - Gataka - Gms

Quote Originally Posted by Lavek View Post
    everything you people mention can be scrolled easily (gh might take a few tries if your umd is sucky...)
    The thing is: why buy scrolls if there are clickies relatively easy to get? It's not that i'm not carrying GH scrolls, i do. But if i have a clicky i use it first.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mellkor View Post
    LOL

well, while you are busy beating down devils and orothons in say, eDA, an int based assassin is one-shoting them, and often two at a time. All while still doing 80% or so the dps this build offers up on bosses and 100% fort mobs. Figure that into your DPS calculator and the int based comes out WAY ahead. I think the int based is much more fun to play. A build like this is better done and will get better results by going fighter or barb, IMO, because this build just seems to play out more like a front line fighter instead of the classic sneaky role of a rogue, which for me is the whole point of going rogue!
    I agree.
    Seems like a low HP fighter with SA basically. The assassin 3 pre is pretty much wasted. Seems you took it for the extra SA only. It probably does decent for raid bosses when your able to get a sneak attack in.
    Nonetheless, I'm glad you've got something you like playing. Enjoy!
    Krimsonrayne -Ultimate Lord of Shadows on Orien server.
    Using -Ethan Hunt build -Assassin III, 900+ HP versatile, survivalist, high dps, str build.
    Build presented in video format. Long Live R.O.G.U.E.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast