Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default This toon..

...will die alot. Assasin3 w/ no assasinate DC thats good thinking. Horrible saves, no AC = dead toon

Quote Originally Posted by Zenthalas View Post
    ...will die alot. Assasin3 w/ no assasinate DC thats good thinking. Horrible saves, no AC = dead toon
    nope.

I wonder how all the Barbarians and most Fighters survive by this logic.

Just because you don't hit the assassinate button, you are not instantaneously dead. At least if you play accordingly. Firstly, you should be able to scroll-heal yourself reliably (not necessary 100%). Secondly, if you use a Radiance weapon, this will mitigate further damage. Thirdly, if you play in a party, you can adjust your playing style accordingly. For instance: hit mobs who aggro other toons, attack held mobs, use Bluff/Diplomacy.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    nope.

I wonder how all the Barbarians and most Fighters survive by this logic.

Just because you don't hit the assassinate button, you are not instantaneously dead. At least if you play accordingly. Firstly, you should be able to scroll-heal yourself reliably (not necessary 100%). Secondly, if you use a Radiance weapon, this will mitigate further damage. Thirdly, if you play in a party, you can adjust your playing style accordingly. For instance: hit mobs who aggro other toons, attack held mobs, use Bluff/Diplomacy.
    Have to agree with this.

While I personally don't like the "No-Int" Rogue, as long as you supplement with Player-Based Int (your brainparts), then it works out just fine. Play smart.

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4405 View Post
    different people like different things. some like insta killing, some like big numbers.

i like later
    You can pull those numbers off with a fighter or barb far more often and much easier on a fighter or barb, if big numbers is what you like. And all without relying on sneak attack.
    Mellkor Wizard, Culpepper Cleric, Coyle Warlock, Anarion Mechanic Archer, Ungoliant, Assassin, Tulkas Astaldo Vanguard Pally,
    ***Argonnessen***
    ~~Ascent~~

i thought of you when i saw the build well, i know from first hand that you don't have problems with hp

i understand you for slots. it becomes really boring farming epic tokens

btw, how is dual wielding epic kronzaks get you toughnesses? are you gonna drop khopesh prof or did i miss something?
    Ya I'm dropping the exotic weapon prof.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellkor View Post
    You can pull those numbers off with a fighter or barb far more often and much easier on a fighter or barb, if big numbers is what you like. And all without relying on sneak attack.
    you can also pull much easier insta kills on a wizard and more often and with AoE. And all that without the need to sneak.
    Jesus saves. Everyone else rounds to nearest 5%.

Sarlona: Nafaka[Rogue] Nandu[Monk] Neotheny[Wizard]
    Bullet Fist Tony My rogue's build

Do you even play ddo? Having an assassinate dc dosent mean anything and horrible saves? Mine are 24 fort 26 reflex and 21 will unbuffed. Not to mention you need 75ac+ for endgame, I'm not gimping my gear/dps for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupito View Post
    Nice build!!

what's stats for HElf (36 points) str based? and maybe same int for assassinate DC?
    i have to TR soon : 1 pastlife:monk 2 pastlife:fighter. khop user ^^

If same1 can post a build ll be appreciate

Soz about my english...

tvm.
    Well it's basically the same as my post, if you want some assassinate dc then put 12-14 int in the build.

Only reason to roll a rogue is for the big numbers... If I didn't want big numbers I'd roll a monk or a ranger haha

Quote Originally Posted by .Revenga. View Post
    solid build, good advice, but for max dps,
    i guess you should consider going human/halfelf aswell.

You'll be able to take both the PL and toughness which is nice, but the dps thing is
    being able to take human versatility line for a damage boost that can be activated simultaneously
    with your haste boost and increases both attack damage and your SA damage.

You loose the PA enhancements and some str, but a +25% boost on all your damage makes up for that :-p
    Depends. What content are they running? If they are trying to push the envelope for end game - this is max DPS.

As of now I havent seen a screenshot with an epic LOB completion less than 1 hour. In a 75 minute raid, those 25% boosts will not last long enough to cover the damage disparity for the entire rest of the time.

If they are farming shroud / TOD / epics, go human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    Do you even play ddo? Having an assassinate dc dosent mean anything and horrible saves? Mine are 24 fort 26 reflex and 21 will unbuffed. Not to mention you need 75ac+ for endgame, I'm not gimping my gear/dps for that.
    Assassinate DC is a dominating force in epics nowdays. There are ALOT of spawns that have 1 or 2 casters, and a buncha melee trash mobs. Casters generally have weaker fort saves, and a rogue with a decent assassinate DC can take one out of every fight instantly. I ask the same question I asked the person who disagreed with you - where do you plan to spend most of your time endgame?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Assassinate DC is a dominating force in epics nowdays. There are ALOT of spawns that have 1 or 2 casters, and a buncha melee trash mobs. Casters generally have weaker fort saves, and a rogue with a decent assassinate DC can take one out of every fight instantly. I ask the same question I asked the person who disagreed with you - where do you plan to spend most of your time endgame?
    well, from my experience, enemy casters are fingered before i even have time to target them.

The Hatchery

well, from my experience, enemy casters are fingered before i even have time to target them.
    Not in my experience. Assassinate is indescribably awesome for epics. With a base INT of 12, my rogue has a DC of 41, but that's with a +9 INT ring from ToD and eMGreetings.

I wish I had started with higher INT, tbh. Only having 40% of the kills in epic devils assault isn't fun enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Didn't state is was useless or bad. I commented that assassinate means nothing for your survivability.

No.
    Khyber:Greenberry, Jemric, Qashta, Leuk, Thurradal + many others

Well, yeah, depends on who you are rolling with. Usually I get there first. Occasionally I will get into an epic where the caster is a 3xTR PM or FVS PL and is blowing through them, even Drow...but not usually.
    Khyber:Greenberry, Jemric, Qashta, Leuk, Thurradal + many others

you can also pull much easier insta kills on a wizard and more often and with AoE. And all that without the need to sneak.
    Not easier, as my DC is 48, and easily buffable to 50. I am able to kill things more reliably that most casters have trouble with.
    Mellkor Wizard, Culpepper Cleric, Coyle Warlock, Anarion Mechanic Archer, Ungoliant, Assassin, Tulkas Astaldo Vanguard Pally,
    ***Argonnessen***
    ~~Ascent~~

Quote Originally Posted by Rydin_Dirtay View Post
    Well, yeah, depends on who you are rolling with. Usually I get there first. Occasionally I will get into an epic where the caster is a 3xTR PM or FVS PL and is blowing through them, even Drow...but not usually.
    oh, yeah drow. praise the devs for eTTT and eVoN3, or i wouldn't know whats the animation of assassinate

Not easier, as my DC is 48, and easily buffable to 50. I am able to kill things more reliably that most casters have trouble with.
    if caster is worth his manabar, he can have 10 dc less and still kill more reliably. my point is, there isn't right or wrong way in playing a rogue. let people play how they like.

Community Member

The key word here is "most". You have high DC's. Compare yourself to a high DC caster. You lose to most high DC casters. By a million miles.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast