Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Really?

Helm: Purple Dragon Helm - Meh. I'd put GS here instead.
    Necklace: Symbol of the Shining Sun - Srsly? As pointed out eGolden Guile would be nice here. Could slot GFL or +1 str, if you really had a hard on for max str.
    Bauble: Planar Focus of Prowess (+8 Str) - If you want "max DPS" get a +3 insightful instead of +8 and put the +8 elsewhere.
    Cloak: Tough Cloak of (insert skill mod of choice, random gen) Bleh.
    Belt: Min 2 Green Steel - 8 CON belt would be ok.
    Ring 1: Seal of House Dun'Robar (+2 Insightful Con) - Fine, but +2 str/ +5 combat mastery version.
    Ring 2: Doublestrike 6% ring of (insert skill mod of choice, random gen) - Seal of House Avithoul grants +5 sneak and +3 exceptional sneak. Or else fully upgraded Epic Ring of the Stakler. Manslayer + exceptional SA win this round. Plus 2 empty slots (yellow and colorless). Contender for GFL and a +1 stat of your choice.
    Gloves: Nether Graps - Yes
    Boots: Treads of Falling Shadow - Yes
    Bracers: Bracers of Twisting Shade - Yes
    Armor: Whisperchain - Why? SFL and +5 exceptional sneak? +8 STR Gositro with +10 shatter would serve better. More sundering = more fort bypass = more sneak damage.
    Goggles: Tharnes Goggles - True seeing is good, but if you equip a ring of the staker, that's all you'd get out of this item.
    I guess I should have put a more bolded disclaimer in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    NOTE: This gear load out has little grind. It isn't the most optimal but it does a very good job.
    Pre U14, I listed the most optimal str rogue gear load out. But what's the point of having a gear load out that takes a year to obtain? It does no one any good. Sure, now with raid timer bypasses you can pretty much get everything in the game within hours(except tod rings/epic mats). But back then you had to loot it or in some cases bribe the guy who looted it(still in the chest). Now everything is unbound and easy to farm.

The point of the gear load out in this guide. Is to have as little grind as possible, but be viable at the same time. Can you improve my list while having less grind? Maybe. Its there to give some insight into possible load outs.

Things such as tod rings and 'epic' items take a long time to obtain. Old raid items can be difficult to obtain as well. As no one runs the raids anymore. Avithoul ring, being rare. Epic ring of the stalker can be difficult, due to the fact no one runs challenges anymore. The list goes on.

Community Member i_be_trolling_lol_JK's Avatar

wat would be the best armor if you cant get whisper chain?
    Trust in the shroud, live by the shroud.

Quote Originally Posted by i_be_trolling_lol_JK View Post
    What do you mean with can't get? Don't want to grind? Cannot afford?

Then just pick an armor which you can afford, and which grants bonuses which help your survivability and/or dps. Eg Vulkoorim Fighting Leathers, Hide of the Goristro, maybe even Leathers of the Woodsman (if you are using the set) or EUtility Vest. Even a DT with a nice combination of runes can fill some gaps in the equipment.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Community Member

how do you get 20 str 16dex 15 con on a 32 point build?

Quote Originally Posted by jbnett View Post
    how do you get 20 str 16dex 15 con on a 32 point build?
    It would appear I counted wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by i_be_trolling_lol_JK View Post
    Well unfortunately the only other viable armour would be epic redscale. Maybe Blackscale armor. If you're level 25 you're already penning 55% fort. So its basically useless.

Community Member

im having a hard time deciding between red cormy dragonscale or EE whisperchain, which do you all think would be best for str rogue

Quote Originally Posted by jbnett View Post
    im having a hard time deciding between red cormy dragonscale or EE whisperchain, which do you all think would be best for str rogue
    Well. I personally need to make a "elitist/veteran" gear loadout for this thread. I would honestly go Epic redscale then EE grasps.

But I would assume you would have listed Epic Redscale if you had the shard. Which I assume you don't.

So looking at both Whisper chain and Cormy Redscale. I would personally choose Whisper Chain(EE).

Assuming you don't have Exceptional SA items on(other than Whisper chain). Having bloodstone (or) ravager belt on would lean towards Whisper chain even more.

Finally hit 50k views!

This will be a prototype gear set-up for Veteran/Elitist's. In the off chance that Redscale isn't needed, this list will be extremely easy to obtain(other than the tod ring). Therefore anyone can obtain the list. Please if you see anything better for said slot(dps wise) post a comment.

GEAR:
    • Helm: Helm of the Red Dragon (anything works, red helm just makes you look awesome)
    • Necklace: Pendant of the Stormreaver
    • Bauble: Planar Focus of Prowess (+8 Str) (anything works)
    • Cloak: Min 2 Green Steel
    • Belt: Colethenis's Belt
    • Ring 1: Ring of the Ravager
    • Ring 2: Seal of House Avithoul
    • Gloves: Nether Graps
    • Boots: Treads of Falling Shadow (anything works)
    • Bracers: Bracers of Twisting Shade (or) Steady Handed Armbands
    • Armor: Epic Redscale
    • Goggles: Dream Visor

NOTE:
    In the off chance 3% Doublestrike beats Flaming burst. Swap out Redscale item(s) for Blackscale set.
    You'll have somewhere around 3 colorless slots, 2 yellow slots, and 1 blue slot.

DISCLAIMER: The items from Epic Gianthold are subject to change. Not all items are known either. Therefore this gear setup is also subject to change.

I can highly believe that the black scale will out-do the red scale armor in every way. Only way I can see it not beating it is Balizarde or Drow Khopeshes/Rapier/Scimitar. Even then, another 15% armor pierce (even with your 55% you have now) would make it far more appealing to a lot of people.

It may seem like overkill to you, but I could see only really needing Improved Sunder to beat the ELoB's fort near completely to be well worth it.

I can see how plenty of people will look at this list and nit-pick it completely apart saying such and such is better. But like you put, there are a few things that could be changed out.
    De'Corenai of Argonessen. If you've seen me, you know what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by .Revenga. View Post
    solid build, good advice, but for max dps,
    i guess you should consider going human/halfelf aswell.

You'll be able to take both the PL and toughness which is nice, but the dps thing is
    being able to take human versatility line for a damage boost that can be activated simultaneously
    with your haste boost and increases both attack damage and your SA damage.

You loose the PA enhancements and some str, but a +25% boost on all your damage makes up for that :-p
    Also, the bonus skill points per level are indeed helpful.
    "Hireling" and "Hjealer"
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

The skills look reversed to me. Balance, jump, UMD, and Little into tumble would be choice for Pure DPS. Improved two weapon fighting or Oversized TWF I always went Oversized but never really looked into which was better. With Oversized you could kick down Dex a little and put it into Cha for higher scroll chance, which saved my %%% more times than not.

you can look into dodge line but than shortage of feats always kept me from wanting to try it out....

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_storm View Post
    The skills look reversed to me. Balance, jump, UMD, and Little into tumble would be choice for Pure DPS. Improved two weapon fighting or Oversized TWF I always went Oversized but never really looked into which was better. With Oversized you could kick down Dex a little and put it into Cha for higher scroll chance, which saved my %%% more times than not.

you can look into dodge line but than shortage of feats always kept me from wanting to try it out....
    Not having ITWF and GTWF on a rogue (or any TWF) greatly decreases your damage. It's the difference between 40% off-hand proc and 80% off-hand proc.

OTWF does very little post-u14.

You want enough dex to qualify for the epic sneak attack feat anyways: 3d6 extra sneak attack damage trumps pretty much anything else.
    Pestilence: Wruntjunior ~ Dragonborn Fire Sorc (finished completionist project) // Wruntarrow ~ HW Archer // Youngwrunt ~ SWF SDK Bardbarian // Wruntstaff ~ Stick Melee (current tr project)

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_storm View Post

ITWF and OTWF are totally different feats. Improved gives you an extra 20% to your offhand strike chance and is a prerequisite for Greater TWF, which gives you another 20%; i.e., it ultimately leads to an extra 40% offhand DPS.

Oversized gives you an extra +2 to hit if you have a non-light weapon in your offhand, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercureal View Post
    ITWF and OTWF are totally different feats. Improved gives you an extra 20% to your offhand strike chance and is a prerequisite for Greater TWF, which gives you another 20%; i.e., it ultimately leads to an extra 40% offhand DPS.

Oversized gives you an extra +2 to hit if you have a non-light weapon in your offhand, that's it.
    Sorry my brain fart. need ITWF for GTWF with a dex of 17.

Since Blackscale got buffed ill update the list. I'm rather impressed with this list so far. It improves my old gear set up(most optimal pre u17) by a decent amount. This set up will be the most optimal gear set up for Str Rogues(dps wise). I challenge anyone to come up with a better list.

GEAR:
    • Helm: Helm of the Black Dragon (Insightful Str +3)
    • Necklace: Pendant of the Stormreaver
    • Bauble: Planar Focus of Prowess (+8 Str)
    • Cloak: Min 2 Green Steel
    • Belt: Colethenis's Belt
    • Ring 1: Ring of the Ravager (Healing amp 20%)
    • Ring 2: Seal of House Avithoul (Wisdom +7)
    • Gloves: Nether Graps
    • Boots: Treads of Falling Shadow
    • Bracers: Bracers of Twisting Shade
    • Armor: Flawless Black Dragonscale Robe
    • Goggles: Dream Visor

NOTE:
    You'll have more than enough augment slots to slot +35 hp, luck +2, con +7, insightful con +2 and even a few +35 resists.

All items must be the EE version or upgraded to the highest teir.

Blackscale allows the user to permanently use Power Attack against 50% fort mobs instead of using Precision.

DISCLAIMER: The items from Epic Gianthold are subject to change. Not all items are known either. Therefore this gear setup is also subject to change.
    Last edited by Rogann; 01-25-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Community Member

Wink jack of all trades rogue

While i see the logic in this build i believe the bracers of the sun soul are better than the bracers of twisting shade. Saves and AC take a big hit when using BOTS. Also the epic spare hand is not mentioned here? where is your heavy fort and intel? I prefer this set up personally for gear:
    Helm: PDK helm
    Trinket: Planar focus subterfuge insightful intel 3(starting intel of 15 gives max enhancement for epic midnight grt)
    cloak: adamantine cloak of the wolf
    rings:epic ring of the stalker fully upgraded/generic exceptional con protection 6 ring/TOD ring of choice
    boots:boots of the woodsman (move silent 15)/treads of falling shadow
    gloves:epic charged gauntlets/greater shocking blow is sick
    armor:goristro/way better than whisperchain
    bracers: bracers of sun soul/easily best bracers in the game for melees
    necklace: greensteel aspect of smoke 45 hps
    weapons:balizarde/agony/epic midnight greetings (why take khopesh?)almost 29 base damage on balizarde
    epic destiny: unyielding sentinel in my mind with balanced attacks/lithe/unearthly reactions twisted
    AC 77 and 877 hps 21% dodge 20% miss from smokescreen and 10% miss from ghostly for total miss chance of 51% + AC miss chance 71% with blur. also if your intel is a 6 you arent assasinating anything. If I assasinate 10 guys in 5 mins who have 3000+ hps who is really doing more dps? DPS is measured over a length of time not just one stroke of your weapon. Keep in mind the tinkers set has exceptional stats that allow for +20 total trapping stats which is plenty enough for any epic elite trap or lock.
    Last edited by riskyraines; 01-28-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by riskyraines View Post
    AC 77 and 877 hps 21% dodge 20% miss from smokescreen and 10% miss from ghostly for total miss chance of 51% + AC miss chance 71% with blur.
    Well, i won't be talking about the gear too much since i've been away from the game for too long to know all the ins and outs of the recently added high end gear. However, having around 80 AC in EE content is really nothing. It certainly is better than having 60 AC but not that much when it comes to EE monster's to-hit rolls. The best way to avoid taking damage in melee/range is to pile up dodge/ghostly/concealment bonuses since, for now, there is no way mobs to bypass them (apart from TS, but then again fogs still work).

About your calculation of miss chance, it's incorrect. The bonuses stack multiplicatively, not additively. Also, smokescreen is essentially a perma-blur so it doesn't stack with a spell. So, the actual miss chance would be:
    1-(0,79*0,8*0,9)=43%
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute-Omniscience View Post
    Did Einstein solo eLoB without pots or what?
    Guild: Captain's Crew
    Characters: Kyorli , Xunrae , Halisstra , Nyarly

While i see the logic in this build i believe the bracers of the sun soul are better than the bracers of twisting shade.
    If you think 'Superior Parrying' is the best bracer slot. Then 'Greater Convalescent Bracers of Superior Parrying' would be the best(by your logic).

Saves and AC take a big hit when using BOTS.
    AC is useless. +4 saves are extremely minor.

Also the epic spare hand is not mentioned here?
    Why? Unless it does 2d6 damage per hand, per swing. It's not worth wearing.

where is your heavy fort and intel?
    Heavy fort: Min 2 greensteel

Intel: Gear swap for traps if needed. If you really think Int is useful, augment it.

I prefer this set up personally for gear:
    I have no opinion on your gear. As its clearly built for a Dex/Int rogue.

epic destiny: unyielding sentinel in my mind with balanced attacks/lithe/unearthly reactions twisted
    Rather bad choice. You lose out on a lot of dps.

AC 77 and 877 hps 21% dodge 20% miss from smokescreen and 10% miss from ghostly
    AC is useless in EE. HP is useless in EE. My gear set up has Blur/Ghostly.

also if your intel is a 6 you arent assasinating anything. If I assasinate 10 guys in 5 mins who have 3000+ hps who is really doing more dps?
    I didn't know you could assassinate bosses.

DPS is measured over a length of time not just one stroke of your weapon.
    Isn't assassinate "one stroke of your weapon"? If I swing 50 times at a mob, and you swing once and assassinate. I would be doing more dps.

Keep in mind the tinkers set has exceptional stats that allow for +20 total trapping stats which is plenty enough for any epic elite trap or lock.
    A level 25 rogue should never have issues with EE traps.

My Rog is somewhat similar to this, though I pretty much have shelfed Rad II with the Avithoul ring.

mainhand: drow khopesh
    off hand: a stunning +10 lightning Khop

Also rock a Spare hand and use Stunning Blow + sense weakness to tear up mobs.

I ditched PA for Precision and picked up stunning blow. Stayed Fury of the Wild & twisted in DC for stuns and grim precision, (and fort).

If using precision.... Horc isnt really giving me much as it once did (PA enhancements). About ready to go halfling (SA, dex goes towards ISA anyways) or human (feat, boosts)

Why stay Horc?
    Synergia Merlocke (Wiz, Heroic/Epic/Iconic Completionist x3) Merloc (Cleric Tank) Merlocked (Barb) Merlocc (Rog)

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast