Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Post U12 Shroud Elite - Brute Force melee style

Didn't think i'd feel shroud elite would be an achievement again..

but yea this one felt like it. Took us way too many tries to get this (2 failures tuesday with a very similar grp), way too many pots and way too many deaths. The blades that swirl around are ok, the ones that come out of the green devils are just stupid, they make no sense. Sometimes you take 1000 dmg in a second, sometimes you take 90, I went from 830 to -10 hp in under 1 second, ZERO time to react, my combat log showed 8 blade hits instantly.. It's completely nonsensical, and a dumb change, but somehow we still got thru:

part 4 took forever, i died early on from the stupid 8 simultaenous blade hits i mentioned.
    part 5 was fast and easy.. The blades did come for us, but we just reacted and moved arraetrikos as neccesary, no real problems with this part. Just part4 deivl blades needs to be adjusted.

Khyber pug, all great players.

Loot was ok, i got 4 larges, and 4 supreme shards heh. Still not worth the effort, they need to add some kind of cooldown to how often the blades can hit you, 8 times in 1 second is not fun.

Lag was horrendous, no idea how we even managed to get thru the horrible lag monster. They really need to fix this.

Thanks for coming guys... Was sorta fun, cept the garbage lag.
    Last edited by Shade; 11-19-2011 at 01:21 AM.

Yeah the barbazu blades in 4 are brutal. My run kept losing people through attrition to them. It's absolutely critical to control the timing of every single barbazu kill on Elite - which is difficult or impossible in lag. My preferred approach is a 'drive-by' wail: Hold them, then have a caster run past them and throw a Wail as they are running away.

Blades in 5 caused my group a little more trouble than Evokerkill said they caused you - we had one follow Harry for a while in 5, and at one stage had 6 people dead (with Harry around 5-6%).

It was a whole lot of fun though. The lag in parts 1-3 made us a bit wary of part 4, and that wariness was justified. Like I said, though, a whole lot of fun!
    -Khyber- Loreseekers, Guild Leader
    Hordorabbi ~ Hordiva ~ Hordazzle ~ Hordorc ~ Hordeau ~ And dozens of other HordoToons™!
    High Rabbi of DDO
    Loreseekers Guild ~ H.o.r.d.o.'s How-To Guides @Loreseekers

It was a lot of fun and I'm definitely glad I brought my Pally and not my Horc Barb . LoH that hit for 450 HP are extremely useful in pt 4!
    Jackovall (Completionist Wizard - Life 23/23) -- Gilders PDK Tree build (Life 8/8) -- Zogdor PDK Rogue Mechanic (Life 10/10) -- Taykare Pure Warlock (Life 14/14) -- Sheo Bladeforged Rogue Mechanic (life 12/12) --
    Double Deviants

On G-land we did this the day U12 went live, this is an achievement?

Actually it is, raid's harder than Elite ToD and eChrono now.
    Last edited by grodon9999; 11-19-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    On G-land we did this the day U12 went live, this is an achievement?

Actually it is, raid's harder than Elite ToD and eChrono now.
    Depending on how bad the lag is this can go from "hardly worth mentioning" to "amazing victory". And it's always cool to beat something when effort is involved including multiple tries.
    Cannith - Noehealz, Protectorjon, Noebuffs, Mortion

brute melee force when 6 members in your party are spellcasters?

Anyway, nice accomplishment, was in a similar one the other day, also a ton of deaths and whatnot. took us 5 or 6 rounds...

Now, all barbarian elite shroud?
    Quadrovault | Quadrotune | Hyperyon

Hero

Please help me understand how completing elite Shroud with a full, balanced group in 75 minutes is an achievement.
    Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Please help me understand how completing elite Shroud with a full, balanced group in 75 minutes is an achievement.
    I tried to, but my connection went Red and I DCed mid-explanation. Dang lag...

Quote Originally Posted by SoloPhalanx View Post
    brute melee force when 6 members in your party are spellcasters?

Anyway, nice accomplishment, was in a similar one the other day, also a ton of deaths and whatnot. took us 5 or 6 rounds...

Now, all barbarian elite shroud?
    Well over 95% of the dps dealt to harry was with melee, thats why. Every other completion i've seen on khyber was completely different, where over 90% of the dmg was dealt with spellcasting/ranged attacks.

5 of em (fvs/clrs/spell singer brd) used there sp bar (and then some) on healing.
    the wiz did CC. rather important with the new insane devil-blades.

Took us something like 10+ rounds as we lost a few players early on.

Help me understand why it isn't.

Post one with a faster completion or less deaths. I don't see any posted at all. The only other one i saw had .. 45 deaths.

The lengthy completion time was due to lag more then anything, we couldnt even move for minutes at a time. Khyber is freakin broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Help me understand why it isn't.

Post one with a faster completion or less deaths. I don't see any posted at all. The only other one i saw had .. 45 deaths.

The lengthy completion time was due to lag more then anything, we couldnt even move for minutes at a time. Khyber is freakin broken.
    Here's one with faster completion:

Almost certainly more deaths though. Our completion time was 56 minutes, but didn't bother screenshotting it. P4 was 3 rounds with 2 deaths. P5... yeah didn't go quite as smoothly. I had almost no lag, so that was a huge help.
    Thelanis: Takhysys, Tenauch, Vitriolus, Kalav, Leprous

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno346 View Post
    Almost certainly more deaths though. Our completion time was 56 minutes, but didn't bother screenshotting it. P4 was 3 rounds with 2 deaths. P5... yeah didn't go quite as smoothly. I had almost no lag, so that was a huge help.
    mm yea almots complete oposite of our run.. blades so random.
    prt1-3: zero death, but crazy lag really slowed us down
    prt4: took forever ton of deaths.
    prt5: very fast, single haste 4 mins tops, only 1 death i think.

lagged like crazy whole raid, dunno how we even completed was so insane lag. Took us like 5min to walk from part 1 end to the chests, we couldnt move. and it laged like that at end of every part, even part4 when most ppl were dead and we spent a min organizeing the rezzing.

and while i believe u, u should do ur pic facing the chests, else there no way to verify thats a post u12 run.

mm yea almots complete oposite of our run.. blades so random.
    prt1-3: zero death, but crazy lag really slowed us down
    prt4: took forever ton of deaths.
    prt5: very fast, single haste 4 mins tops, only 1 death i think.

lagged like crazy whole raid, dunno how we even completed was so insane lag. Took us like 5min to walk from part 1 end to the chests, we couldnt move. and it laged like that at end of every part, even part4 when most ppl were dead and we spent a min organizeing the rezzing.

and while i believe u, u should do ur pic facing the chests, else there no way to verify thats a post u12 run.
    Ah yeah it was more of a make fun of all my dead guildies screenshot than for an achievement.
    Thelanis: Takhysys, Tenauch, Vitriolus, Kalav, Leprous

Why was I cut out of the picture!?

Still overall great run.
    Well lead Axer.
    Don't take me too seriously. I'm from Khyber.
    <-Vaecin, Favored Soul->
    <-Vaecis, Monk->
    <-Vaeporize, Sorcerer->

Well over 95% of the dps dealt to harry was with melee, thats why. Every other completion i've seen on khyber was completely different, where over 90% of the dmg was dealt with spellcasting/ranged attacks.

5 of em (fvs/clrs/spell singer brd) used there sp bar (and then some) on healing.
    the wiz did CC. rather important with the new insane devil-blades.

Took us something like 10+ rounds as we lost a few players early on.
    I have done a completion in 50 minutes which is more of an achievement then your 75 minutes one. The spellcasters drank 0 pots and there were 16 deaths total (12 going into part 5) and part 4 was 3 rounds and yes I play on Khyber. It is doable in 35 minutes and even less perhaps.

Note: definitley there was not the 'best' on Khyber in the group I was in. In fact there were 4 people I had never even run with or heard of.
    Last edited by maddmatt70; 11-22-2011 at 04:43 PM.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    37 minute elite Shroud with 23 deaths. Two awesome healers and some solid melee DPS. Half the characters were first lifers or undergeared, or the players just plain terrible. One WF player with horrible heal amp wielding a Terror (not kidding) died at the start of part 5, released and left group. Healers used 5 major and 7 greater pots.

I don't consider this achievement-worthy.

Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi, Nichevo-1 | 75 million Reaper XP

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

37 minute elite Shroud with 23 deaths. Two awesome healers and some solid melee DPS. Half the characters were first lifers or undergeared, or the players just plain terrible. One WF player with horrible heal amp wielding a Terror (not kidding) died at the start of part 5, released and left group. Healers used 5 major and 7 greater pots.

I don't consider this achievement-worthy.
    [IMG]
    very nice. only the best from OR.

to be fair about the Terror, tho... they rock on trash now. no excuse on the low heal amp, tho. and if he didn't swap out the Terror for a boss beater when the time came... ouch

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    very nice. only the best from OR.
    Actually no, not even sure half the party was OR. So full guild run and you'd see something like a 25-30min run with minimum deaths and 0 pots.
    Three healers is probably a better than two...but if I wasn't healing with Peppita it would have been alot more pots i'm sure.

Unfortunately the caster (a friend of mine) didn't dot ><. And no...the WF asked for silver on his Terror!
    Last edited by ChadB123; 11-23-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by ChadB123 View Post
    And no...the WF asked for silver on his Terror!
    O.o

i wonder how he was planning on breaking the "good" half of Harry's DR.

seriously now, ya runnin' shroud elite ya should know better. someone needs ta smack him upside teh head or somethin'.

but anyway... good show, regardless who showed up. *thumbsup*

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast