Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dom_keno View Post
    i would suggest for the second ring slot the Ring of Deceit since it gives you cha+8 bluff +20, diplo +20,haggle +20, and perform +20. when fully upgraded has a yellow and colorless slot.this would free up the neck spot for the GS necklace again. with the colorless slot you can also slot in a +7 stat augment like dex or wichever would work the best.
    Thats a good choice. One of many. I am just happy that I could work out a nice equipment set that allows for a situational ring slot and a bit more freedom to swap equipment. Very nice advantage that comes with the U17 changes to equipment.
    Last edited by Mellkor; 01-25-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    Mellkor Wizard, Culpepper Cleric, Coyle Warlock, Anarion Mechanic Archer, Ungoliant, Assassin, Tulkas Astaldo Vanguard Pally,
    ***Argonnessen***
    ~~Ascent~~

Quote Originally Posted by Mellkor View Post
    Thats a good choice. One of many. I am just happy that I could work out a nice equipment set that allows for a situational ring slot. Very nice.
    And we haven't seen a Ring of Shadows yet ...

Or a Daggertooth's Belt.
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    And we haven't seen a Ring of Shadows yet ...

Or a Daggertooth's Belt.
    And there is that.....
    Mellkor Wizard, Culpepper Cleric, Coyle Warlock, Anarion Mechanic Archer, Ungoliant, Assassin, Tulkas Astaldo Vanguard Pally,
    ***Argonnessen***
    ~~Ascent~~

Planar conflux is an insight bonus, not exceptional. So it doesnt stack with thranes.
    I know I've been away for a while, but are you sure???? Tharnes is regular SA and that should stack with exception SA even if it is only counted as an insight bonus, right?? If not this changes my build significantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...
    Proud member of Tyrs Paladium

Quote Originally Posted by bhgiant View Post
    I know I've been away for a while, but are you sure???? Tharnes is regular SA and that should stack with exception SA even if it is only counted as an insight bonus, right?? If not this changes my build significantly.
    It says insight bonus on the planar focus when you hover over it now. I think they only just recently clarified the description. It says exceptional bonus in the wiki, but since they recently changed the in-game description, I tend to believe that over what wiki says, atm. Exceptional sneak bonus is not in the planar focus description. However Tharnes does not specify its bonus, but for some reason I thought it was an insight bonus. I am not so sure now, LOL.
    Last edited by Mellkor; 01-25-2013 at 10:05 AM.
    ***Argonnessen***
    ~~Ascent~~

Tharne's goggles is regular SA and does stack with Planar Focus of Subterfuge. Tharne's also stacks with Ring of the Stalker. Ring of the Stalker and Planar Focus of Subterfuge do not stack with each other.
    Jackknife / Nerft Powers / Born Again Pagan / Threechords / Midnyght Rambler
    Quantum Entropy

Quote Originally Posted by BrianTheHun View Post
    Tharne's goggles is regular SA and does stack with Planar Focus of Subterfuge. Tharne's also stacks with Ring of the Stalker. Ring of the Stalker and Planar Focus of Subterfuge do not stack with each other.
    This is my understanding as well. I'm gonna have to check the tooltip on Tharnes now just to make sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...
    Proud member of Tyrs Paladium

hmm in any event even if they stacked, I put more value in the epic goggles of time sensing anyway. An additional +5 sneak is nice, but realistically will be hardly noticeable with all the sneak damage I already do.

In any event it would be nice to clarify this with certainty.

There are 3 different sneak bonus descriptions that I know of: (I am not 100% positive Tharnes bonus stacks, but only because its bonus type is not indicated)

One with no indicator of what type of bonus it is (like on Tharnes)

One that says insight (like on the planar focus)

and one that says exceptional (like on ring of stalker)
    Last edited by Mellkor; 01-25-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    ***Argonnessen***
    ~~Ascent~~

This is my understanding as well. I'm gonna have to check the tooltip on Tharnes now just to make sure.
    I have the game up now. Tharne's tooltip shows +5/+8 SA damage with no description of either insightful or exceptional bonus. The ring says exceptional bonus in large type, but says insightful bonus in the detailed description, planar focus says insightful as well. So now, who knows which is correct?
    Quantum Entropy

Quote Originally Posted by BrianTheHun View Post
    So now, who knows which is correct?
    To test ISA (when it was bugged), I went into Dun'robar and beat on the optional chest priestess with it spec'd in and out until I had decent averages by eye on the difference. Not particularly rigorous, but might give something of an idea...try all three items first, then combinations of two.

It ends up being a lotta beatings. :/
    Ascent

It's worth noting that on the wiki for the Ring of the Stalker, it originally said +3/+5 exceptional bonus. http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Ri...talker_(Tier_3) It does not mention being an insightful bonus, but it now does in the game. So I still think my post (#286) is correct that the planar focus and the ring do not stack with each other.

EDIT: Although that is the page shown, the link claims it does not exist. Follow this link: http://ddowiki.com/page/Special:Sear...of+the+stalker The page I tried to link is the 6th one down.
    Last edited by BrianTheHun; 01-25-2013 at 11:15 AM.
    Quantum Entropy

Well, this isn't the first time tool-tip descriptions are not clear, or don't match what is actually happening and it won't be the last time either. I guess we will have to gather some empirical data and see what that shows. It is not really something I care to do, but if someone does, please let us know!
    ***Argonnessen***
    ~~Ascent~~

Founder

Default best place to look for seal?

getting close to 20 on my assassin and really enjoying the build. this will be the first time I have attempted to create an epic item so hoping for some suggestions on which quest(s) to farm for the seal.

as you have to farm Tide Turns for the shard, do you just keep running that one at least until you someday get lucky enough to pull the shard? or do you have better odds running one of the other quests because they have more chests and can be run quicker?

if seals can drop from any chest, then Black Loch would usually have the most chests. but just glancing at general LFMs for quests in this arc, it looks like Bargain of Blood is run more often. is that because it's quicker to run for the 3 or 4 chests in there? or is it just a much easier run on epic than the Loch

Cool Thank you

Just wanted to say thanks for this build. Gave me the confidence to stay with int whilst being tempted by the str route.
    and for the doubters - it works !
    Not been outkilled in any epics and so much fun.
    7 years of playing and I have never used bluff - what an awesome skill. Very funny watching other rogues wonder why they cannot assassinate a mob despite having taken the assassinate route
    Not quite there yet at level 24 and took a break to do yet another level for my PM but this rocks even without the emg (got the scroll now but taking forever getting other 2 )
    Pom may refer to: An alternative word for the British /Polyoxymethylene, a common plastic polymer / Pompom, a decorative ball / Baby Pom, the youngest of the Fimbles /Puddle of Mudd, an American hard rock band

The place I found best to get EMG seals is not BoB but rather Spies in the House. Both drop the seal, but from my farming experience, Spies seems to be the better option.

As for seals dropping in any chest, certain chests have the chance of dropping certain seals; however, most drop in the end epic chest.

Finally got the quiver. Got the 5 piece abishai, now going along with your post u17 gear set up, time to start farming for that gear.

U17 will bring a big change to equipment, In short, abashai set is out, epic gianthold stuff is in! That U17 equipment list I posted a few posts back still looks good from what I have seen on Llamma to date. Except for the neck slot. There is a better version of the Epic golden Guile in U17 that is a ring. I will probably move +8 con to the neck (or just go with +7 in a slot somewhere) and use two U17 rings. Really nice!

Abashai set may still be a good lev 20-23 eqipment set tho, so dont throw it away yet. I will have to wait till U17 to really finalize it tho.
    Last edited by Mellkor; 02-04-2013 at 09:00 AM.
    ***Argonnessen***
    ~~Ascent~~

I will probably move +8 con to the neck (or just go with +7 in a slot somewhere) and use two U17 rings.
    I was thinking dragon helm for +8 con (don't think white/black come with int) and 2 slots.

Ring of Deceit and 2 slots.

Ring of Shadows and 1 slot.

Idol for trinket, 4% dodge and 1 slot.

Backstabbers Gloves and 1 slot.

Goggles become a swap slot for Dreamvisor (on reds) or Intricate Field Optics w/ +8 int, slotted +2 int, plus 1 (when assassinating).

I'm guessing gs hp item goes in the neck, not sure yet.

Anyways, something like that.
    Last edited by SableShadow; 02-04-2013 at 05:55 PM. Reason: fixificated goggle name
    Ascent

Edited post #277 with suggestions from this thread and new U17 item info. All in all I am looking forward to U17!
    ***Argonnessen***
    ~~Ascent~~

Currently making this rogue (I made the fighter on another toon, this looked like too much fun :3) but I only have a +3 tome.. should I only take one great int and stay at a 59 DC until I can get a +4? (or take two if it'll get me an even number, until I get better gear)
    Thanks
    *edit* forgot to add, if I should keep one great int, should I take another int destiny point? If so, what would I drop? Not very good with destinies :\
    Last edited by Soulfurnace; 02-06-2013 at 06:16 AM.

Community Member

I have been away from DDO for a long time, I come back to epic destinies, epic elite quests, twists of fate and the like.

It is somewhat overwhelming, so I think I might just start again, I only have a standard 20 Barb and want to play a rogue, because stealth classes have always been a favorite of mine.

Is this build still up to date, I saw the last edit on the post was fairly recently, and the later comments seem to be more about gear than the build choices.

I really like the idea of a rogue focused around massive one shot hits, going back into normal combat. Vanishing to go deliver another one shot. I also love being the trap monkey and all the other rogue perks.

However, this rogue will have no hand-me-down gear, only a 32 point build, no past life feats, unless I want to TR my barb into a rogue, but I don't know about that.

What I am asking is, is this build viable for a re-starter like me? Or are there other less farmed up builds I could look at first, and maybe TR in to this one later?
    Uzz - 20 Barbarian. And thats it... for now.

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast