Default Virtual Tabletops

Anyone play any RPG over any of the virtual tabletop programs out there? Would like to get back into playing pen & paper game but only have like one friend that still plays in my area. Been checking out numerous sites that I have found for over a week and most seem to be pretty much dead. I have OpenRG and Maptool which seem to be pretty cool programs if you can find the people to play over them. So was just wondering if anyone has played over these mediums and/or if anyone knows some good sites that are still active where players and games can be found. Been playing D&D since my teens, would also like to play either the Army of Darkness RPG or All Flesh Must Be Eaten (zombie survival horror RPG).

I have tried Maptools, cool program. We have played a bit, but the game somehow died, as the DM is a lazy moron (I know him well: I was the DM). But if you are not impacient and spend some time, you can do great things.
    I found tons and more tons of pictures, maps, tokens and so on to use.
    At the time we are playing with webcam, no Virtual Tabletop it gives a lot more the sensation of being there with your friends. Quite good experience, with multivideoconference.
    Goat, Sammich, Poultry

Been using Maptool for several years now with videoconferencing. Fantastic program and fantastic community. It's a great way to game online. If you're looking to pick up a game I'd check out the Maptool forums at rptools.net and take a look at penandpapergames.com.

I can confirm that Maptool is great. I have tried several different shareware before that and while generally prettier, they are not as polished and complete as Maptool can be.
    I'm using it with Skype for audio multiconferencing, the current Maptool D&D3.5/Pathfinder framework and custom topdown tokens; my players love it and our campaign has been going for about a year.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    - Permadeath Guild -
    No twinking - No spoilers - No farming - Real challenge
    www.mortalvoyage.com

Community Member Symar-FangofLloth's Avatar

I'd like to 4th Maptools.
    There's a forum on their website you can find games on, maybe, as well.
    Former Xoriat-er. Embrace the Madness.

By the way, the screenshots I'm posting here are all taken from Maptool.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    - Permadeath Guild -
    No twinking - No spoilers - No farming - Real challenge
    www.mortalvoyage.com