Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Exclamation Challenge Tokens-Devs please fully explain

Edit: U14.1 changed the token handouts. 1 Universal token for any account type that is BTC. If you have unbound ones from U14, enjoy them, they are still unbound. You only get 1 token per toon as per U14

The below information is being left only for historical purposes.

Ok, I know premium and VIPs get three a day for our first toon and one for each others. Is this per server? That was the behavior I was seeing today after the fix. I know that the challenge is a different one each day. However, when does the day start (in GMT or EST)? I got a different challenge on my main on Cannith after midnight than I was getting on other servers before midnight, but I only got one, not three

To restate:
    1) Are the token rules per server on the 3/1 (as of 11/14/11 it appears to be 5/1) for first/others?
    Even with MadFloyd's response we still don't know if it is per server. I'm guessing it might be based on the temp fix behavior I saw on day one (Yes I logged on to multiple servers to see and got 3 for the first toon on each server I tried. Since I only play on two I created fresh ones on other servers to test). Of course that could change or be wrong. When we get a response I will update this.

Answered see below.

Ok, now it seems as if the first character gets 5 tokens per day and all the others get 1. This seems to be per server since I also got 5 for my first character on Sarlona and Argo. Note: I had already gotten my 1 daily token before the hotfix on Cannith so he did not get the 5 but no surprise there.

We are up to six reports of premium players getting 5 tokens on their first character after the hotfix who had not gotten the tokens between the reset last night and the hotfix.

Ok we have premiums and VIPs both reporting 5/1/1/1 behavior on token handouts for 11/14 and 11/15. That is close to what MadFloyd told us we were going to get. In fact it is slightly more generous, so no complaints there. Hopefully it will continue that way.

2) When do the challenges change?

Answered.

Per Cordovan: The daily "reset" on getting the free challenge tokens from Kariya is based on 00:01 UTC, which translates to 7:01pm Eastern. This may change in the future, but that is how it is currently set.

3) Can we get a warning so we know which toon to accept the first three from for the day? Edit: No answer yet. See below.

The 3/1 tokens for premium and VIP info came from this post by MadFloyd: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=23

Cordovan noted that there is new behavior and it is official that it is 5/1 per server for VIP and Premium 3/1 for F2P. This is per day.

I have started posting the new challenge of the day in this thread: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=350221

Cordovan posted a set of links to the info for all challenges in this post: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...59&postcount=6

Current Summary: VIPs and Premiums will 5 tokens for the 1st of the day and 1 for each other character. This is per server. The day/reset currently occurs at 7:01 EST or 00:01 UTC. You get no warning before getting your tokens. The only way to know what the challenge is beforehand is to check the forums or create an alt on another server to check and then go back to your server knowing which character to pick up tokens with.

Edit: As of update 14 All players appear, no matter their account status to get 1 universal challenge token that is Bound to character. This changed from unbound after update 14.1
    Last edited by wayreth602; 07-11-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by wayreth602 View Post
    Ok, I know premium and VIPs get three a day for our first toon and one for each others. Is this per server? That was the behavior I was seeing today after the fix. I know that the challenge is a different one each day. However, when does the day start (in GMT or EST)? I got a different challenge on my main on Cannith after midnight than I was getting on other servers before midnight, but I only got one, not three.

To restate:
    1) Are the token rules per server on the 3/1 for mains/others?
    2) When do the challenges change?
    3) Can we get a warning so we know which toon to accept the first three from for the day?
    Yes please.

I also did not recieve any bonus tokens when it changed and it changed in the 5 minutes between talking to Kariya on two characters at ~11:30pm EST with the first speaker getting 1 Kobold Chaos token and the second getting 1 Labor Shortage token.

Also worth mentioning that Kariya was talked to on a whim, not expecting tokens since these characters had each gotten 1 Lava Caves token as soon as the update finished downloading and I was allowed to log in.

This was also on Cannith.

Quote Originally Posted by wayreth602 View Post
    1) Are the token rules per server on the 3/1 for mains/others?
    That is a rule but only in intention not in practice. As can be seen form many reports, the number of daily tokens is random and can be anything from 1-3 on first and subsequent characters.

Community Member

This needs a bump since it is actually the next day, Turbine Time (EST), and the characters that didn't recieve bonus tokens as well as receiving different tokens each, 1 got 1 (ONE) yesterday's challenge, Kobold Chaos, and 1 got 1 (ONE) for today's challenge Labor Shortage, last night - not today both are being told they've gotten them already.

If they did get today's already, shouldn't the first have gotten 3 tokens per dev post?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DocBenway View Post
    This needs a bump since it is actually the next day, Turbine Time (EST), and the characters that didn't recieve bonus tokens as well as receiving different tokens each, 1 got 1 (ONE) yesterday's challenge, Kobold Chaos, and 1 got 1 (ONE) for today's challenge Labor Shortage, last night - not today both are being told they've gotten them already.

If they did get today's already, shouldn't the first have gotten 3 tokens per dev post?
    Similar thing here with the "already gave you tokens" message.

Premium account with characters on two servers. First character in on each got 3 tokens for Kobold Chaos, and the rest got one each. No complaints there, it worked as advertised.

Logged in after new day (Turbine Time). First character on one server gets a single token for Labour Shortage. Remaining toons on that server are told they've already got their tokens for today.

On second server, none of my characters can get tokens (for Labour Shortage, today's challenge), all are told they've already been given them.

Not a big issue other than being unable to run with guildies, but it would be good to know how and when the handouts happen.

Didnt Sir Poincalot work on a similar mechanic as the token vendor on Lamania? I thought he only gave you more points after 24 hours.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Premium player, one server (Cannith). Last night first character to approach Kariya ir'Vannis (around 7pm EST) got 3 tokens, others got 1 each. Logged on this morning at 7:40 am EST and spoke to Kariya -- "You already got your token".
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

As well as the tokens already mentioned, some of my toons yesterday got Colossal Crystal tokens. So it's been less than 24 hours and there have been 3 daily challenges?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by donblas View Post
    As well as the tokens already mentioned, some of my toons yesterday got Colossal Crystal tokens. So it's been less than 24 hours and there have been 3 daily challenges?
    That oddity was a planned one:
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    We decided Colossal Crystal was a bit extreme for day one. We changed which quest was given out around noon.
    How it works is there is a daily rotation that it follows-a different quest every day, we did today was a manual update to a friendlier quest.
    But time the challenge changes daily and why premuim players are not getting their bonus tokens or even any tokens at all is the major concern.

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    Didnt Sir Poincalot work on a similar mechanic as the token vendor on Lamania? I thought he only gave you more points after 24 hours.
    No, that is not how token giver is acting. Got my free tokens for Kobold Chaos, a couple of hours later (after midnight EST) got one token for Labor Shortage. On my main, because all the alts got the message that they already got theirs (which they didn't).

Got 3 tokens for the island yesterday, today 1 token for the labor shortage.

Premium account.
    No other characters have taked to the token giver.

Something whacky going on indeed.

Community Member

In a thread buried a couple pages back a GM responded that Premium players only got 2 extra tokens (3 total) on the first character that accepted tokens for that day. Kind of lame that it's not 3 per character, but hey it's free so I can't complain. No worries. I have 6 characters so 8 tokens is better than 6, though it would be nice to know the challenge for the day so I could properly pick the character I want to have 3 on.

Regardless yesterday it went as expected. 3/1/1/1/1/1 for tokens on all 6 characters. Today it went 1/1/1/1/1/1

After the first character got just 1 I realized it wasn't the same character who first asked yesterday and got 3 so I figured maybe it was first time ever asking so I tried with that character and still got just 1.

So what gives? Was the "first character gets 3 response" just a cover for something they didn't know was happening? How come it's not working today?

Can't complain too much because free is free, but still just a shining example of how something wasn't tested first and how things aren't working as they should. Cheers.

Community Member

Still waiting on a breakdown of how this is supposed to work and why it isn't working as advertised/previously stated.

Community Member

In another thread I asked the question how exactly the timing or cooldown works. Received 3+1+1 tokens yesterday for the kobold chaos island but today the NPC keeps telling me that I already got my tokens and won't give me any token whatsoever. P2P without the pack.

Indeed something whacky is going on, trying to figure out the whackiness. Might have something to do with many players talking to the NPC at once...

Is there a particular time that the "day" is supposed to reset or is it a timer? It was less than 24 hours between token pick-ups for me, but the "next day" wasn't at any time that made sense.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Community Member

I can get by without the bonus tokens (Premium account), although it would be nice to get that sorted out.

It's the not getting *any* tokens that I've got an issue with at this time. I picked up the Kobold Chaos tokens well before the Turbine day change, and now (well after day change) still get the knock-back of "I've already given you tokens".

Hopefully whatever has flagged my toons disappears at next Tubine Day. Couldn't care less about lost tokens, there's no date restriction like CC, so there's plenty of time. And it's only a couple of tokens. But it would be nice to be able to run them at some stage...

Oh, and for testing purposes for the Dev, this time I waited until Kariya was in the clear. No-one nearby, no-one talking. Same result. Didn't check if there were multiple instances of the zone though.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Indeed something whacky is going on, trying to figure out the whackiness. Might have something to do with many players talking to the NPC at once...
    Fair enough. Just keep us updated please. Oh, and maybe answer the OP's 3 questions. Personally, I'd really like to know what time it changes, but from my experience it's 9 PST. Which I guess is midnight on the east coast.

Edit: Just read post. It sounds kind a smirky. Not meant to sound that way. You know how tone is on the internet. So should fix that.
    Last edited by countfitz; 11-10-2011 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luvirini View Post
    Got 3 tokens for the island yesterday, today 1 token for the labor shortage.

Premium account.
    No other characters have taked to the token giver.

Something whacky going on indeed.
    Exact same story here. Are we supposed to get 1d3 tokens? Or was the 3 tokens a one-time thing?

Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Thanks for letting us know that it is being looked into.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast