Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yeah I capped maybe 3 months or so ago, and it's interesting when the focus shifts from leveling up to getting loot and gear.

I went with a GS hp item before I made a GS weapon, that was just something I thought was better to do to increase survivability. I had semi decent regular weapons for trash so I didn't "need" a lit 2 right way.

You've got a good idea of where you want to go, sounds like you realize things you need like a gs hp item, con +6 and gfl, etc. Make sure if you melee mostly to get a +6 str item if you don't have it.

You also might want to slot toughness into the eLeathers in the blue slot if it's tier 3. That way you can free up the head slot since you'll have toughness/Heavy fort covered by your armor and Min2 item. Get a cove hat and drop +6 seeker on it if you don't have a bloodstone. That is what I'm doing on my fighter with my blue slot epic cav plate armor, and I'll have a min2 item shortly.

Lots of different ways to arrange things, I made a list for my capped toon and just sort of wrote down different items I might want, rearranged stuff to see if I had all the "needs" covered, etc. Kind of helps organize it a bit.

@TPICKREL: while the Alchemist's Pendant is very nice, it means giving up %100 fort, and since I have no way to replace that at this time, it's a non starter.

as for para and your nheChrono advice, well, ... the beaters weren't made for this one quest...
    Last edited by B.Ogre; 11-08-2011 at 01:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

fyi, the cold iron one could have been chaotic outsider bane. Doesn't make a huge difference for the standard bane, but it's more expensive to make the greater evil outsider bane then the greater chaotic outside bane.

Quote Originally Posted by LordPiglet View Post
    fyi, the cold iron one could have been chaotic outsider bane. Doesn't make a huge difference for the standard bane, but it's more expensive to make the greater evil outsider bane then the greater chaotic outside bane.
    Thanks, noted. Will update my notebook for when I'm ready to upgrade it
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by B.Ogre View Post
    gs is the priority for sure. half the reason for the beaters was to have a hope in shroud. I'd love my first gs item to be a weapon, but realistically I know it's going to be a minII necklace (hp+fort+stoneskin) to replace my well used but outdated NightforgeGorget.
    Same goes for DQ, I'd love to have a pair of chaosblades, but again, realistically I need the lionheadded belt first, both for hp and str, and to free up a ring slot i'm currently 'wasting' on fear immunity...
    I do have the welfare eDuelist'sLeathers, which in my opinion seems like the best armor my Ranger can wear, so I'll be dropping a blue crystal in that pretty soon, which will help, and same goes for Bucc'sRing; a green crystal (EDIT: that is to say, a Yellow crystal will go in...) will go in that at some point as well...
    Thing is, there's just SO much gear in the game, it's a little daunting to figure out the best way to gear out a toon, what to put where, how to not waste slots, where to find it, how to grind it....
    I just capped a couple weeks ago, so now the game really begins, with respect to all of the above
    if you run tod, necklace is the last slot you want to use. at worst, make your helm min II.

Quote Originally Posted by LordPiglet View Post
    if you run tod, necklace is the last slot you want to use. at worst, make your helm min II.
    Explain?

The ranger sets from ToD all use the necklace slot. As a temptest, Kilau's is a very nice set.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Unique_item_sets#Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by B.Ogre View Post
    @TPICKREL: while the Alchemist's Pendant is very nice, it means giving up %100 fort, and since I have no way to replace that at this time, it's a non starter.

as for para and your nheChrono advice, well, ... the beaters weren't made for this one quest...
    Sorry, I assumed you would have a minos helmet for Toughness and Heavy Fort. That's the most common configuration before greensteel.

As for paras, I was only mentioning this in relation to Chrono, since you indicated you wanted to run it on hard. I was not trying to comment on your beaters for other quests. Destruction can be very useful for a ranger, my ranger used the breastplate of destruction for a long time.
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

Yeah, I didn't really even KNOW about Minos till much later. See, I started with this Ranger shortly before the first CCove. Was level 7 I think when it first came out. And at that time I was in a serious wisdom deficit, and, wanting to cast my nifty Ranger spells, I put +6 wis and +10Spot on my Cove hat. So when I DID learn about Necro and what-all loot was in it, I felt like I couldn't give up the Cove hat... see? Now, I know there are other +6 wis items, but that just brings me back to the same place I was in before... trying to figure out how to slot everything, keep fort, keep wis, get con, get gfl, ... so it seems to me that my best bet might be a :

Green Steel Helm, +10 HP, +1 Strength Skills (Exceptional Bonus) , +15 HP, +2 Constitution Skills (Exceptional Bonus), Major Healing Lore +10 Diplomacy, +10 Haggle, +6 Wisdom
    On-being-hit chance, gain 30 temporary hit points or restore 22-32 spell points, 4% chance on each

which frees me up to put gfl and heavy fort in my eLeathers and eBucc'sRing slots, which in turn lets me keep my eCloakofnight and the gloves/gaunts/boots from the Abishai set, Lionheaddedbeltbuckle for belt. Still up in the air over all of it, and haven't run my first shroud yet anyways (tonite hopefully)...

In case any of the posters in here are subscribed and care for an update, it's here:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=350320

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12