Community Member

Default 1 toon - 2 machines - 2 resolutions

New to DDO - I'm guessing this was asked a few times but search didn't result in much...

I have multiple hardware configs running different resolutions. It appears as though UI settings are persisted to the server. Is there a setting to store these on the client so I can have my UI fixed (but different) for each machine?

It's a PITA to keep moving things around based on where I'm playing from

thanks

I feel your pain. I could only get DDO to work at a lower resolution on my Ubuntu partition, than my Win XP partition, which resulted in overlapping bars for the higher resolution XP version. I haven't found anything that could be set, so I'm interested if there's anything as well.

Hero
    Reaperbait

Each computer has to be set up to what suits it best. I have the same problem going from my desk top to my lap top. It is what it is.
    The Fockers of Argo
    LOOON (Rogue); Reaperbait (Warlock); Eatuhdiq (Sorc); Fuglymofo (Barbarian)
    Buttscracher (Arty), Hobaggin (Druid)

there is a config file (don't remember which file off the top of my head) that tells the UI where to sit. Set up your UI on one computer, and then make a copy of that file to your desktop. Do the same with the other, and when you switch computers, use the desktop file to overwrite the one that the server loads.
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...