Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

A few updated notes in the 2nd post.
    DJ's Bravery Streak to 20 - DJ's Bravery Streak to 20 w/ Gr Tome of Learning
    Divinejourny(Artificer Completionist- 21/21lives) - Dreamjourny(Sorc 4/13lives) - Deadlyjourny(Paladin T3) - Dancinjourny(Moncher T3) - Darkjourny(12Monk/7Fighter/1Arti T3) -a few other alts

Quote Originally Posted by Kareena View Post
    Completely blue barred; may have lost 5k xp accidently. :/
    *Leveling to 8 at rank 40[/I]

Lvl 8
    Pit E, H
    Tear of Dhakkan E,N
    Gwylan's E
    Bloody Crypt H
    *Leveling to 9 at rank 45
    Pit E & H, Tear E & N, Gwylans E, and Bloody Crypt H got you from rank 40 to 45? What I am missing here.

Nicely done DJ.

A worthy replacement to Star's path to 20 (which is outdated with the bravery bonus now).

+1

Yes there was only 2 of us; so one of us opened elite for the bonus and the other opened normal for farming(and we grabbed the window to farm) In order to do hard we would have had to rerun the flagging quests
    Actually you only need to redo one of the flagging quests for both bloody and shadow crypts : once flagging and crypt are all done, if you select one of the flagging quests and click 'abandon' it does only reset the flagging quest you've selected and the crypt, leaving the 3 other flagging quests completed. Redo that quest, get reward, and see the crypt questgiver, in the dialog it does now clearly states that repeating will only reset the crypt quest.
    On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero
    Yes, i'm french and i do eat frogs alive, so don't mess with me when i'm hungry
    Argonessen FTW : Leelith ~ Bagdad Cafe ~ Lipp Stick ~ Peroxy Acetone

Quote Originally Posted by weedf16 View Post
    Pit E & H, Tear E & N, Gwylans E, and Bloody Crypt H got you from rank 40 to 45? What I am missing here.
    Was wondering that myself...

Also, immortal heart is worth doing 12x (1-2min) as is trial by fire (2-3min), framework (2-3min), mining for ancient secrets (1-2min) and ruined halls (1min).

Quote Originally Posted by weedf16 View Post

You need 144k to go from lvl 8 to lvl 9 total. It could also be less as I might have lvled at the beginning of rank 45 rather than the end- I don't remember.

Pit E & H could be roughly 50k, Gwylans 10k, Tear I have no idea because much of it is optional xp for me, and Bloody crypt hmm... 18k maybe?

so roughly 80k + 2 tear runs; 1st time on Elite and then a norm 1st time (tho that seems weird as I usually farm on hard..) Anyway I think it is totally plausible that this would take you from being maxed out on rank 40 to the beginning of rank 45.
    Divinejourny(Artificer Completionist- 21/21lives) - Dreamjourny(Sorc 4/13lives) - Deadlyjourny(Paladin T3) - Dancinjourny(Moncher T3) - Darkjourny(12Monk/7Fighter/1Arti T3) -a few other alts

Community Member

Blockade Buster at level 15 is INCREDIBLE xp if you do it stealthy. All that's required is 5 clicks / shrine of invis. Haste is very nice of course just to do it faster. DDoor or high int (to open the mine doors) increases efficiency and 4+ rogue/arti levels give you a chance of a stealthy finish on all 3 ships instead of 1 or 2.

Approach:
    Invis and haste/exp retreat up. If you plan on killing the boss kobold on each ship then buff of acid/fire resist as well. If you plan on killing the captains (other than Bash) then deathward is nice as well.

Run to first ship invis, try to avoid bumping into things (there's a chance you can get an extra 750-1k xp by not alerting anything to your presence) and go through the galley, capt's quarters, top of ship, and below deck until you find the crest. If you find the crest go directly below deck unless you're killing the captain (I don't find it worth the time).

Once below deck you can either kill the kobold leader for the chest or simply set the timer without killing him. 4 rogue levels means not having to set a timer (detonater instead). DDoor or a high int can get you off the ship quickly. If I have a VERY high dps toon or an instakiller I'll go ahead and drop the boss kobold for the chest but that's highly optional (and probably hurts xp a bit).

Repeat those steps for all ships and you're done. A good group of three that kills nothing should be able to complete in less than 2 minutes per run. My guild turns the quest in as there's only 6 of us and only 3 that play a lot and we need the end of quest renown. That said, that's highly unnecessary from an xp perspective. Base xp is 3k+ and of course you'll get some bonuses (flawless, discreet, etc). If you can do this in under 2 minutes a run you can farm it into the ground for outstanding xp/run.
    Tajawuka 20 Bladeforged Paladin running divine ETR's (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's, 3 martial epl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Stuff.
    Yes I agree- this is how I run it every life and one of the many quests I find the 2nd Dragon mark of Passage(DDoor) so handy on a melee life.

So. Have the Tomes of Learning affected how you run stuff now?
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

yes. will be putting up a guide once I get to 20 on current tr. should be within 2 weeks.

yes. will be putting up a guide once I get to 20 on current tr. should be within 2 weeks.
    I take it you’re using your paladin as your tester? If so, be careful with level 11. I managed to get forced into skipping Into the Deep because of the serverwide 10% XP bonus on top of the book and a 20% XP potion. (It was awesome.)
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Tr'd solo this life as a paladin. Tome of learning is awesome and very nice.

Getting frustrated with lack of experienced puggers and my failure at being able to solo quicker (started having issues at lvl 14).

Going to start taking xp pots to just cap this melee life as quick as possible. I don't like to include constant pot usages on my guide(s) so I will not be updating this at quickly as planned. Will try again next time I tr my main.

DJ

2016, 2018 Player Council Member Ziindarax's Avatar

Will you be factoring the new u13 quests into your quest list? Also, what of the Tomes of Learning?
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Sorry if I didn't catch this..but all these quests listed were ran in that exact order?

Like..

Heyton, Crystal, Storehouse, etc..?

It doesn't matter much apart the first 5 to 'build' your streak. I think they were run in this order but at the end you can run however you prefer with no change to total exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmorphling View Post
    It doesn't matter much apart the first 5 to 'build' your streak. I think they were run in this order but at the end you can run however you prefer with no change to total exp.
    I don't think this is exactly true. In building your streak you want to save the higher XP quests till your streak is 'up'. Each building block will add XP to the next quest, so burning the crappy stuff first then saving the higher stuff would net slightly more XP.

But, this is Korthos as well and overall kinda over and done.
    Aeolwind (5/12) - 18 Sorc/1 Art | Melisandria - 20 Fighter SD | Anlona - 20 cleric RS

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmorphling View Post
    My wife and I ended up not breaking our streak last life (by accident really). When we started back up on the next life, we still had our hard streak active. So korthos island REALLY flew by!
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Did you mention the enemy within? 30k xp and takes half the time as tempest spine yet you do that one.
    When you ignore any type of leadership, you yourself are not fit to lead.

Divine, you so sexy.

Please run Maarl to completionist for me. I will buy your MotU for you in return. And I'll immortalize you within my sig. And until the the day I die, I will stop every time before I eat a taco and call out "I dedicate consumption of this taco to DJ and her kin!"

Deal?
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

Quote Originally Posted by teh_meh View Post
    Divine, you so sexy.

Please run Maarl to completionist for me. I will buy your MotU for you in return. And I'll immortalize you within my sig. And until the the day I die, I will stop every time before I eat a taco and call out "I dedicate consumption of this taco to DJ and her kin!"

Deal?

lol; I already bought Motu xD... Think I could pass up Tomes of learning... forever!

The taco thing tho... tempting. very tempting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast