Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Default Bracelet of Madness

So for those who asked about the Bracelet of Madness, ran the Harbinger of Madness quest chain and got the Polycurse Dagger. Here is what happens when each item is equipped.

polycurse dagger equipped:

dagger and bracelet equipped:

parasitic breastplate and bracelet equipped:

breastplate, bracelet, and dagger equipped:

breastplate, bracelet, and sustaining symbiont equipped

also checked with the unstable handwraps equipped, but same results, so did not put those screenies in.

If anyone would like to volunteer to help me out, would like to run harbinger and reign chains to try and get as many of the items as possible. Monday is bad for me, but any other day is fine. The more people I can get to run, the more chances to get the chest drop items(also can run these at higher level for better chance at named items).

Would like to get the Infused Chaosrobe and Beholder Plate to test the various combinations.

Saal
    Last edited by Saaluta; 10-31-2011 at 03:21 AM.
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Hero

so...
    Bracelet: Superior 6, arcane lore, greater evocation focus
    Dagger + bracelet: Superior 7, arcane lore, greater evocation focus
    Breastplate + bracelet: Superior 7, arcane lore, greater evocation focus, spell pen IX
    Breastplate + bracelet + symbiont: Superior 6, arcane lore, greater evocation focus, spell pen IX
    Dagger + bracelet + breastplate: Superior 7, arcane lore, greater evocation focus, spell pen IX

It seems, to me, that equipping the symbiont does affect the power of the item in a negative way...

Dagger: upgrade potency
    breastplate: upgrade potency and add spell penetration
    symbiont: nullify potency upgrade?

If you have the time, can you do a check with the dagger + bracelet + breastplate + symbiont?
    Last edited by Forgeborn; 10-31-2011 at 01:50 AM.

Community Member

So the breastplate adds potency vii and spell pen ix while dagger + breastplate does nothing? Sounds a bit buggy to me at least... If you get around it, could you try bracelet + symbiont as well please? Oh, and if you don't mind you might want to add at least the shard of xoriat to the list of items to test and possibly the mindfury symbiont as well, but that might mean a lot of work that could wait for release at least...

Your effort is much appreciated though!

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Forgeborn View Post
    so...
    Bracelet: Superior 6, arcane lore, greater evocation focus
    Dagger + bracelet: Superior 7, arcane lore, greater evocation focus
    Breastplate + bracelet: Superior 7, arcane lore, greater evocation focus, spell pen IX
    Breastplate + bracelet + symbiont: Superior 6, arcane lore, greater evocation focus, spell pen IX
    Dagger + bracelet + breastplate: Superior 7, arcane lore, greater evocation focus, spell pen IX

It seems, to me, that equipping the symbiont does affect the power of the item in a negative way...

Dagger: upgrade potency
    breastplate: upgrade potency and add spell penetration
    symbiont: nullify potency upgrade?

If you have the time, can you do a check with the dagger + bracelet + breastplate + symbiont?
    I did, same as bp+bracelet+symbiont, sorry forgot that screenshot...will add tonight after I take my nieces and nephews trick-or-treating Also, yes it does seem to be a bit wonky, maybe a dev will wander in and see this and check it out to see if it is WAI

Saal
    Last edited by Saaluta; 10-31-2011 at 03:23 AM.
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    So the breastplate adds potency vii and spell pen ix while dagger + breastplate does nothing? Sounds a bit buggy to me at least... If you get around it, could you try bracelet + symbiont as well please? Oh, and if you don't mind you might want to add at least the shard of xoriat to the list of items to test and possibly the mindfury symbiont as well, but that might mean a lot of work that could wait for release at least...

Your effort is much appreciated though!
    Will test shard since I have one, if I can pull a mindfury will try to test, but chances are...

Saal

Seems to me that the symbiont will nullify the madness so therefore the bracelet can't feed off the madness which makes sense.

The question I have is if you have more than one item will all the items upgade the bracelet or will only one item add to it? This bracelet can be potentially really cool. It would be really fun checking with all the madness items.

Most curious however am I about what the robe and bracelet does together.

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Most curious however am I about what the robe and bracelet does together.
    Same here, even more about Chaotic Ambition.
    Last edited by LightBear; 10-31-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

If I get the robe, pretty sure I have the ingredients for chaotic ambition to put on it and will test with the bracelet.

Will be posting more screenies in a bit, got the goggles from acute delirium and the brigandine last night, but too tired right now to test, but will do so sometime tomorrow.

Saal

Hero

Quick question though, just to 'prepare' myself for the unavoidable grind that is to come; Where does the Bracelet of Madness drop?

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    Seems to me that the symbiont will nullify the madness so therefore the bracelet can't feed off the madness which makes sense.
    I think that's probably it. But maybe it only nullifies the affect of one item. I would have thought it should nullify all of them so you only get the basic effects of the bracelet personally. I.e. don't wear this and the symbiont, its self defeating. Meaning if you want to make the most of the bracelet, you would have to take all the madness effects. Which would be cool, flavour wise.

Might also make it totally undesirable, and I want one. So, yeah. leave it as it is
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgeborn View Post
    Quick question though, just to 'prepare' myself for the unavoidable grind that is to come; Where does the Bracelet of Madness drop?
    HoX - not my favourite raid, but LFMs usually don't take too long to fill.

Edit: Oops it's HoX Elite only - a bit more painful than the normal one.
    Last edited by RandomKeypress; 11-01-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

So did a little bit more testing after getting the goggles of opportunity and the fleshshapers brigandine. Any non-(upgradeable/upgraded) item that is equipped no matter how many will only give superior potency VII. My parasitic bp has delirium upgrade and gives the spell pen IX. Will try and get more of the eyes/brains/etc ingredients (since I don't tend to copy over my bank characters that have all my large bags...grr) to see if any give different abilities to the bracelet.

Saal
    Last edited by Saaluta; 11-01-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saaluta View Post
    So did a little bit more testing after getting the goggles of opportunity and the fleshshapers brigandine. Any non-(upgradeable/upgraded) item that is equipped no matter how many will only give superior potency VII. My parasitic bp has delirium upgrade and gives the spell pen IX. Will try and get more of the eyes/brains/etc ingredients (since I don't tend to copy over my bank characters that have all my large bags...grr) to see if any give different abilities to the bracelet.

Saal
    That is dissapointing in a way; in other words the item add the sup pot VII and the upgrade to a item adds something else. That means that the rune arm won't do anything since it doesn't have a effect that can be upgraded. And the weapons won't do anything either since you don't upgrade those.

My guess then is that the lore upgrade will make it greater lore (just a guess). I guess time will tell but currently the best you can get out of it is 2 effects; the superior pot VII should be constant unless you have a symbiont and the armor upgrade will give a specific upgrade.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

When worn with other Xoriat items that change its properties, Bracelet of Madness should also change names, to 'Bracelet of Sparta'
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

So you need to equip useless caster gear to get Spell Pen 9 and Sup Potency 7?

AWESOME! I need to farm one of those!
    Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
    Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor Barb 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 15 - Splatsplat DoS 18/2
    Quote Originally Posted by Auran82 View Post
    Numot talks enough for like 10 people. So yeah, 13 people in that channel.

Community Member

Sad to see this, as sup potency vii is largely useless (hey I can now enhance all my awesome level7 spells! oh, wait...) while spell pen ix is a pretty strong contender even for 2 slots. Maybe the more caster-centric scepters will grant it as well, but that would probably mean -2 enchantment which kinda defeats the point of it all...

Maybe that mindfury symbiont does something useful, but even major arcane lore would still not be that great anymore, considering we have easy access to superior lores in u12 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    Sad to see this, as sup potency vii is largely useless (hey I can now enhance all my awesome level7 spells! oh, wait...) while spell pen ix is a pretty strong contender even for 2 slots. Maybe the more caster-centric scepters will grant it as well, but that would probably mean -2 enchantment which kinda defeats the point of it all...

Maybe that mindfury symbiont does something useful, but even major arcane lore would still not be that great anymore, considering we have easy access to superior lores in u12 as well.
    Nah, thematically this means Prismatic Spray ;-)

... but it is mostly thematic ...
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Keep in mind this is a very nice item for divines too, especially evokers- arcane lore and greater evocation for blade barriers and Divine punishment, spell pen 9 for implosion, and Potency VII for cure mass boost when you're not mucking with your belt clickies is a pretty decent item if you can find the armor for it. The thing is its arcane lore is kind of redundant with the chaos robe. I'm wondering how it interacts with beleshyra's scepters, personally- maybe necro for destruction? Or the fleshshaper's armor.

My guess is that the bracelet is at least a two stage item, where negative madness traits unlock superior potency VII and the armor madness upgrade unlocks spell pen IX, rather than it being a cumulative count. This might explain why the symbiont causes athe loss of the potency VII but not the spell pen. More experimentation is needed though.
    Last edited by dTarkanan; 11-02-2011 at 02:41 AM.

19. 11-02-2011, 02:32 AM

Reason
    double post

Staggering
    Pale Fox

Did anybody try it with the shard of xoriat, no madness effect but straight from xoriat it self?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Did anybody try it with the shard of xoriat, no madness effect but straight from xoriat it self?
    And the same icon, to boot.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast