Default Hotbars too small.. skins broken... MAYDAY!!!

At 1600x graph setting the toolbars become far too smal for comfort, trying to aim a icon in the heat of battle is like playing mineseeker.

Skins are broken and i need my cosmos, i want my cosmos. Common DDO skin is soo plain.

Personally I think the hotbars are to big... sizeable hotbars would be nice.. as far as your custom skin not working your barking up the wrong tree..

Quote Originally Posted by az4a3l View Post
    At 1600x graph setting the toolbars become far too smal for comfort, trying to aim a icon in the heat of battle is like playing mineseeker.

Skins are broken and i need my cosmos, i want my cosmos. Common DDO skin is soo plain.
    While I agree on the cosmos issue (best skin ever), it's up to the skin author to update it to the new system.

As for the hotbar size issue, how large is your monitor (in inches)?

Also I take it that is 1600x1200? Just the resolution doesn't mean anything though. Unless you're still on a CRT (I totally understand people that still are), it's at least a 20" which would mean a maximum of 100 PPI (pixels per inch).
    If this gives you problems:
    1) Check distance from your eyes to your screen. ~60cm is optimal. More or less than this means more eye strain. Plus, more means smaller things on your screen (doh).
    2) If distance is ok, check the angle, some LCDs have bad view angles and picture quality deteriorates quickly, giving the illusion of things being smaller than they actually are.
    3) If both 1 and 2 are ok, schedule a visit at your eye doctor. The sooner the better. Eyesight problems aren't uncommon at all, but not getting it fixed (glasses, contacts, whatever) just makes it worse faster.

Also, I play on 2560x1600@100ppi and hotbars are just fine. A bit on the large side if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Truga View Post
    While I agree on the cosmos issue (best skin ever), it's up to the skin author to update it to the new system.
    at present thats not actually true. no one can get custom skins working (even those of us that have been building skins) so it's actually up to Turbine to fix the issue with the client before we can make any further fixes in relation to update 11.1

I play on a 22 inch LCD, and the issue is not my eye sight, its that past 1600x the icons become more and more small, i mean i can play starcraft 2 or last stand in DOW2 and no matter how much resolution i put, the icons grow proportional to the screen res, while in here, characters and scenery keep that same size and icons and font become smaller.

I tried the 30+ inch TV as monitor and nah, it doesnt suit me, maybe am just old fashion, it works great with my console but not with pc, am used to PC monitor resolution for my PC-DVD games.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ualac View Post
    at present thats not actually true. no one can get custom skins working (even those of us that have been building skins) so it's actually up to Turbine to fix the issue with the client before we can make any further fixes in relation to update 11.1
    turbine spent so much time with their new ui, they broke the ability to use anyone elses. typical turbine. remember what they did with the datdefrag?