Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Word of caution

Thumbs down Word of caution

Greetings,

I hate the grind, I really do but you know what I hate more than the grind? Getting screwed out of chests...

Ran Epic Partycrashers and completed it without issue. Chest spawns, we run to it and blam-o get an error. Error: You were not in the quest when the quest completed. EPIC FAIL!

All of the members of the pug were in the quest, all of the objective were completed in game and nada, we get no epic chest. I report this, the GM comes on in less than 1 minute (awesome BTW) to tell me the following:

The issue you have described is either not a currently known issue that the In-Game Support team can assist with, or cannot be resolved with the information you have provided. We recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report at this url: http://forums.ddo.com/new_bug.php?. Be sure to fully review the information at the top of the bug report form to understand how bug reports are handled.

And then closes the ticket with no further assistance or request for more info...

I submitted a bug for it, as did every member of my party. After the run I get told by a guildy that it happened in a party they were in last night in eSnitch and then again in eSmall Problem.

Anyone else have this issue?

-Grim

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

What time did it happen? What was the load on the servers? On that instance?

Given that the entire party had it occur, it looks like the game lagged out a bit when the chest was being spawned and did not spawn properly. Too bad the GM couldn't respawn one.

Can get a screen shot but thats about it...

That is insane OP. The GM in question should have respawned the chest for you no further questions asked.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

While I can't attest to that problem, I can say that some of the resolutions (or lacktherof) by GM people is a little annoying. I had an issue pop up where I was moving a +5 Mithril Full Plate from my inventory to the shared bank (this is PRE crafting system). Server hiccuped and I lost connection. Log back in, and the +5 Mithril Full Plate is gone...caput...MIA...in lala land...etc.

It was rather annoying TBH. I got the armor at a steal (5kpp or something like that).
    Rangers don't die, they just teleport to their bind point.

GM response was less than 1 minute and then closed the ticket. I tried to tell the GM that it was BS to do so but they did not reply after the original post. You can respawn chests, you can look at them, I have seen GM's do it before...

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    What time did it happen? What was the load on the servers? On that instance?

Given that the entire party had it occur, it looks like the game lagged out a bit when the chest was being spawned and did not spawn properly. Too bad the GM couldn't respawn one.
    Ghallanda, about 15 minutes ago (16:35 EDT) and no, there was no lag spike or anything. Also noticed that the normal 3 chest drop was only 2 regular chests and the 1 epic that would not open for anyone.

Thank you for submitting the bug titled 'QUESTS: Epic Chest in the end of Epic Partycrashers would not open'. Your bug has been sent to our Quality Assurance team to be reviewed.

We are not able to provide status updates or feedback on individual bugs, however, our QA team may contact you using the private messaging system of the DDO forums or by email if further information is needed about the bug.

Thank you for helping to make DDO better!

-DUNGEONS & DRAGONS ONLINE(tm): Stormreach(tm) Team

aka post and pray

Community Member

when its such a fast response with that exact answer thats an auto generated answer. a gm would not have even looked at it the system wouldve picked up on key words and automatically sent that response which ive had happen a fair few times throughout the years.
    timpon timpwns timp bloodytimp bloodpig bloodynoob bloodvein bloodyheals bloodsplash bloodyrsoul fistsofblood

Community Member

Sucks to not get your chest.

The 'EPIC FAIL!' message seems a little overdone and perhaps a trifle denigrating.

What do people think of that minor aspect?

I've had this happen in Snitch; GM couldn't help. To be fair to them (GMs), they really can't (and you could see how that would be abused potentially).
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

this sort of thing just happened to my ole lady on orien. edq raid complete, queen dead, chest wouldnt open. GM's wouldnt do a thing.
    ofc its everyones connection issues and not turbine since we all know ddo has no server side lag

Quote Originally Posted by MrTops View Post
    Sucks to not get your chest.

The 'EPIC FAIL!' message seems a little overdone and perhaps a trifle denigrating.

What do people think of that minor aspect?
    Yes, that annoyed me quite a bit when I had this bug a few weeks ago. Not to speak that a guildie passed me a shard in the chest I am looking for for half a year now (which was unusable and unlootable after that). GM as expected couldn't do a thing.

Community Member

boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Too bad the GM couldn't respawn one.
    Which he could easily have done, if I understand the GMs capability. That he didn't is just wrong.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    I've had this happen in Snitch; GM couldn't help. To be fair to them (GMs), they really can't (and you could see how that would be abused potentially).
    Huge difference between cant and wont. And I can't imagine how frustrated the people that lost their ingredient bags on the crystal cove event are after the gm told them there is nothing they can do, I imagine they expected a s much but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Pape_27 View Post
    Hahahaha good one, I nearly laughed myself out of my chair! +1 to you sir!
    I don't trust anything that bleeds for seven days and still lives...

Canned responses

had similar issue in Crystal Cove .. instance completed, did not get kicked out of instance , did not get Green Dragonshards.

Filled out a bug report and put in trouble ticket. 10 minutes later autoclose.

The issue you have described is either not a currently known issue that the In-Game Support team can assist with, or cannot be resolved with the information you have provided. We recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report at this url: http://forums.ddo.com/new_bug.php?. Be sure to fully review the information at the top of the bug report form to understand how bug reports are handled.

Put in another ticket asking for in-game gm to respond.
    GM sends tell saying they are not able to spawn, may the silver flame guide you.

I looked on the forums and there are 2 pages of complaints, also see responses from Dev's like kookiekobold back on Sept28th saying that it is being looked into..

Seriously Turbine your in game GM's should never have been neutered.
    Empower them to be able to correct in game screw ups.

We play to have fun and are generally very tolerant and accepting of bug issues.
    Failing to resolve/update regularly on these issues as well as the continuing lack of support is beyond acceptable levels.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

I have actually got an exactly same kind of message in Partycrasher. However, that time we forgot to talk with someone when before tried to open the chest. The problem was solved by talking with some npc in-game. That time it was actually user's fault.

Can't remember exact details since it happened about 4 months ago and we finally fixed it ourselves so we didn't have to bug report it.

Default Progress...

Bug 81658

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Greetings Grimgore,

Thank you for contacting Turbine with your report, "#81658: QUESTS: Epic Chest in the end of Epic Partycrashers would not open". We value our player's input and appreciate your taking the time to provide Turbine with your valuable feedback.

We're sorry that you are experiencing this difficulty, but we appreciate your contacting us to make us aware of this issue.

The issue you have reported is under investigation.

Best wishes,

Cocoti
    Dungeons and Dragons Online
    Quality Assurance Team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast