Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Epic Ring of Buccaneer

I didn't see any other threads on this but was wondering, have they changed it ...

See http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Ring_of...r_%28Tier_3%29 and compare to:

The pro +5 is not there and neither is the +6 redundant dex that happened last time ... I put in stone of change in case it would do something, but nope ... was a tier one from last event that was upgraded two tiers this event if that helps.

Just curious WAI??
    Last edited by Kaldaka; 10-01-2011 at 09:07 PM.
    Officer of ARCHANGELS - Thelanis

Strummie . Gruffie . Jinksy . Perversion . Sluffie . Indulgent . Adjuration . Wary . Disparage . Subdue . Affinity . Bestial . Contrivance . Indria . Thermo . Outlandish

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldaka View Post
    I didn't see any other threads on this but was wondering, have they changed it ...

The pro +5 is not there and neither is the +6 redundant dex that happened last time ... I put in stone of change in case it would do something, but nope ... was a tier one from last event that was upgraded two tiers this event if that helps.

Just curious WAI??
    2nd time I've heard this....

It seems that:
    a fully made RoB from the first event, when put into the stone of change would get it's +5 prot.
    A partially made RoB from the first event, would be rejected by the stone of change.
    A partially made roB from the first event won't get the +5 Prot if finished this time, nor will the Stone of change work.
    A RoB made completely now will have it's +5 prot.
    (Say): Haywire says, '"Hey, I don't come into yer home and play with things."'

Quote Originally Posted by cdemeritt View Post
    2nd time I've heard this....

It seems that:
    a fully made RoB from the first event, when put into the stone of change would get it's +5 prot.
    A partially made RoB from the first event, would be rejected by the stone of change.
    A partially made roB from the first event won't get the +5 Prot if finished this time, nor will the Stone of change work.
    A RoB made completely now will have it's +5 prot.

Hope I didn't just waste ~2000 green dragonshards :/

Bug Report Submitted ...
    Last edited by Kaldaka; 10-01-2011 at 09:35 PM.

Strummie . Gruffie . Jinksy . Perversion . Sluffie . Indulgent . Adjuration . Wary . Disparage . Subdue . Affinity . Bestial . Contrivance . Indria . Thermo . Outlandish

Hope I didn't just waste ~2000 green dragonshards :/

Bug Report Submitted ...
    I can swear someone with a dev title once said to send them a pm when wierd stuff like this happens.
    (checked)

I would send maphinkkinator (sp) and/or 404error details on this and hope they could make it right. I would also abstain from complaining in the PM and be best of buds untill you get some kind of action - say something funny in your pm to make them laugh, it might help.

Social engineering goes a long way when trying to get your way with CSR's.
    "Nuke 'm or Die!"

I have a ring from the first event, tier1. I noticed that it didn't have the protection on it. I threw it into the stone of change yesterday, and it "repaired" perfectly.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

EDIT: This post is wrong

I remember that when the event first came the description of the ring said it had prot +5 but it hadn't, when people started complaining the devs stated they will fix that, but future iterations of the event would have the ring without the +5 prot because that was an oversight.

EDIT: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=308688 page 8, post 153.
    Here's the dev post that talked about the fix, and it being retroactive, and the fact that Euphonia's Barter Box description was bugged.
    Last edited by delsoboss; 10-02-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    I have a ring from the first event, tier1. I noticed that it didn't have the protection on it. I threw it into the stone of change yesterday, and it "repaired" perfectly.
    I put mine in the stone of change and it said 'Stone of Change Failure' and nothing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by delsoboss View Post
    I remember that when the event first came the description of the ring said it had prot +5 but it hadn't, when people started complaining the devs stated they will fix that, but future iterations of the event would have the ring without the +5 prot because that was an oversight.

EDIT: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=308688 page 8, post 153.
    Here's the dev post that talked about the fix, and it being retroactive, and the fact that Euphonia's Barter Box description was bugged.

That doesn't explain why those who made the full ring from tier one on during this event got the +5 prot on it or why some putting it in the SoC had their fix ... See post #2 and post #5 in this thread.
    Last edited by Kaldaka; 10-02-2011 at 08:09 AM.

I can definitely confirm that the tier one from the current CC event gives +5 prot:

My bad, my previous post is wrong, i made another T3 Epic Ring of The Buccaneer and it has the +5 protection so you were right bug-reporting it.

Decided to experiment, I had another tier one Epic ring from previous cove. Placed it into stone of change and it gained +5 protection ...

It seems once upgraded in the current CC event, the old rings will no longer work in stone of change. If we only knew then what we know now /sigh ...

So the information from post #2 in this thread appears correct.
    Last edited by Kaldaka; 10-02-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Made 2 of these - one on a Sarlona toon and one on a Thelanis toon. Neither had the +5 protection on it. However....

On the Sarlona toon I placed the ring into the stone of change and it "repaired" the ring putting the +5 protection property on it. On the Thelanis toon I placed it in the stone of change and it was rejected. No +5 protection added. Rings were both made within 10 minutes of eachother. Both were made to tier 3 before trying the stone of change.

My rhetorical question is: Why are there more than one set of code for this ring? Where is the database failure occurring that is pointing to one bugged version for one ring while the other one points to the correct version the next time around?

This is like pulling the lever on a slot machine each time we make one of these. Will you get the bugged version, or will you get the correct version? No whammies no whammies big bucks big bucks no whammies STOP!!! /cringe, /look, awwww, no prot +5 on this one. /sigh 2200 more crystals down the tube.
    Last edited by Chai; 10-04-2011 at 10:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

This is being looked into.
    404error shows up in dev tracker. He may not be a developer by job title, but 'dev' is easier to type than 'Miscellaneous Official Turbine Representative'.
    Quote Originally Posted by brentpatty1
    Books are made to be eaten not read.

Default blink blink blink blink

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    No whammies no whammies big bucks big bucks no whammies STOP!!!
    I loved that show!! +1 for reference
    If you want to travel quickly, go alone; if you want to travel far, go together.

Forum account 7286 of 424302 (and growing)

Unhappy

I'm on Thelanis. I made a thread about this same problem just a few days ago. Had a tier1 Lvl20 ROB from previous cove event upgraded it to tier 2, no protection property, tossed it in Stone of Change... got failure message. The consensus from the community was i had messed up my ring by upgrading it before tossing it into the stone of change to fix the prot issue. No dev responded. I did bug report it.

*shrugs* I ended up tossing it as a waste of effort and lesson learned.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by kitselli View Post
    I loved that show!! +1 for reference
    Yeah that show was awesome, and the analogy perfectly describes whats going through my mind when creating this item.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

I'll add to this as well.

A buddy of mine had a tier 3 from the first event and it updated fine in the stone of change.

I had a tier I from first event, upgraded it to tier 2 this time around then popped it in the stone of change and it was rejected, no +5 showed up.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca the Elder
    Iryklaunavan, Karaskkesir, Desideratum, Gregorii, Jhasmyne, Vis
    Ubique eo, invenio me esse ducem hominium.

Just curious WAI??
    Same problem as Kaldaka (on Ghallanda).
    I tried Stone of change, nothing happens except failure.

I hope 404error can help us on this.
    Thank you to don't forget us .
    Morituri Te Salutant

This problem is affecting me as well. Had a tier 1 epic ring from last time, and upgraded it this time around. Wish I knew to put it in the stone of change first... :/
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

Community Member

I had a ROB T2 from the 1st time round repeat and it gained the Prot +5/repaired ok in the Stone of Change. I'm on Sarlona.

So seems that on Sarlona at least, if you try to repair before upgrading, it's ok.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast