Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Red face Alchemical Crafting Guide

Alchemical Crafting start to finish and Toven's Hammer

There are 5 base ingredients:
    1. Alchemical weapons/shields: Located in Master Artificer Raid end chests. They are UNBOUND, have the same base damage as greensteel blanks, and are also minimum lvl 12 (16 for shields). You get your choice of a blank after 5 Master Artificer completions.
      They become BOUND TO ACCOUNT with metallic propeties added. Weapons stay level 12(shields should stay 16)
      They are BOUND TO CHARACTER and are min lvl 16 once tier 1 elemental bindings are added. Tier 2 should be min lvl 18 and tier 3 will be min lvl 20.
    2. Kyber shard fragments of binding: It take 200 fragments to "FORGE" 1 empty shard for that tier. Empty Shards are BOUND TO ACCOUNT. Shards have 3 tiers
      Kyber shard fragments of binding: drop in Lord of Blades and Master Artificer on any difficulty.
      Refined shard fragments of binding: drop in Lord of Blades and Master Artificer on any difficulty.
      Exquisites hard fragments of binding: drop in Lord of Blades and Master Artificer on epic difficulty only.

3. Parts: found in explorer area and quest in House Cannith. Parts must be "MELTED" into different metals, which are used all tiers of crafting. See below for further details.
      These are UNBOUND.
    4. Power cells: Cannith power cells can drop in the Quest/Raids. Cannith power cells are UNBOUND, and Mystical/Martial power cells are currently UNBOUND. Mystical/Martial are also available as an end reward on the 10th completion of Lord of Blades raid

There are 5 main types of power cells:
      Lesser Cannith Power Cell - found in Quests and Explorer Area
      Cannith Power Cell - found in Quests and Explorer Area
      Greater Cannith Power Cell - found in raid end chests(random drop)
      Martial Power cell - found in Lord of Blades end chests(random drop)
      Mystical Power cell - found in Lord of Blades end chests(random drop)
    5. Spirits: These are BOUND TO CHARACTER
      Spirits have 3 tiers:
      Spirit of <element>: drop in Lord of Blades on all difficulties.
      Refined Spirit of <element>: drop in Lord of Blades on all difficulties.
      Exquisite Spirit of <element>: drop in Lord of Blades on epic difficulty only.

Note:.There is no evidence present that will allow the cannith cells of a low type to be combined into a the next tier up. IE x amount of lesser to make a cannith. (*I will be gathering cannith cells to do more testing*)

**Update 11 patch 1 Lord of Blades end reward list for 10th completion includes cannith power cells, martial/mystical power cells, Full kyber binding shards, and the different types of spirits.

There are 3 different STATIONS used in crafting. All stations show everything that can be crafted at that station.
    1. MELTING station: used to melt parts into 1 of 3 different types of metals: INGOT, ALLOY or COMPOUNDS. Found in Cannith Manufactury Open Area
    2. FORGING station: use to forge kyber shrad fragment into empty kyber shards and add metallic properties to Alchemical weapons/shields. Found in Artificers Workshop Open Area and Master Artificer Raid Area
    3. BINDING station: used to add elemental bindings to alchemical weapons/shields and imbue empty kyber shard using the correct tier of spirit. Found in Research Facility Open Area and Lord of Blades Raid Area

*The forging station is also used to unlock nearly finished items and Toven's Hammer. Toven's Hammer info bottom of guide.

Using the Melting station:
    Items needed for the station I call parts sets because each type of monster drops two types of parts, and creating the Ingots/alloys requires both those types if used in a recipe to create the Ingots/alloy.

Parts Sets:

Iron Defender
    Pile of Iron Defender Rivets- Iron Defender Riviets
    Pair of Iron Defender Rivets- Iron Defender Claws

Iron Juggernaut
    Iron Juggernaut Limbs-Iron Juggernaut Parts
    Set of Iron Juggernaut Plating- Iron Juggernaut Plating

Magefire Cannon
    Pile of Magefire Cannon Parts-Magefire Cannon Parts
    Magefire Cannon Core-Magefire cannon Core

Quorforged Juggernaut
    Quorforged Juggernaut Limbs- Quorforged Juggernaut Parts
    Set of Quorforged Juggenaut Plating-Quorforged Juggernaut Plating

**left of the dash is what you see in the Melting Station and right of the dash is what you see in your ingredients bag

Creating Metals with the collected Parts

Types of Metals:

INGOTS require 2 parts sets using both components from each set
    -Metallic Ingots: Iron Defender and Iron juggernaut parts sets
    -Dense Ingots: Iron Juggernaut and Quorforged Juggernaut parts sets
    -Glowing Ingots: Magefire and Quorforged parts sets
    -Pliable Ingots: Iron Defender and Mage fire Cannon parts sets

ALLOYS require 2 different Ignots and 1 parts set
    -Durable Alloy: Metallic and Dense Ingots and Iron Defender parts set
    -Volatile Alloy: Glowing and Pliable Ingots and Quorforged parts set

COMPOUNDS require 1 Alloy and 3 different Ingots
    -Fortified: Durable alloy and Metallic, Dense and Pliable Ingots
    -Mercurial: Volatile alloy and Glowing, Pliable and Dense Ingots

Using the Forging Station:

200 kyber shard fragments = 1 Empty Kyber Shard
    200 refined kyber shard fragments = 1 Empty Refined Kyber Shard
    200 exquisite kyber shard fragmetns = 1 Empty Exquisite Kyber Shard

Empty Kyber Shard are BOUND to ACCOUNT and Empty Kyber shards can drop in the Lord of Blades chests and are BOUND TO ACCOUNT verified by 2 different people

Metallic Properties: require 3 Ingots and 1 Cannith Power Cell
    -Silver: Metallic, Glowing and Pliable Ingots and Cannith Power Cell
    -Cold Iron: Metallic Glowing and Pliable Ingots and Cannith Power Cell
    -Flametouch Iron: Glowing, Pliable and Dense Ingots and Cannith Power Cell
    -Admantine: Dense, Metallic, and Glowing Ingots and Cannith Power Cell
    -Byeshk: Pliable, Metallic, Dense Ingots and Cannith Power Cell
    -Crystal: Glowing, Pliable, and Dense Ingots and Cannith Power Cell

*CAUTION Cold iron and Silver have the same needed ingredients, Crystal and Flametouch Iron have the same needed igredients. Ensure that you are choosing the correct metallic property before you hit the REFORGE button

**Alchemical weapons MUST have a metallic property added before you can add elemental bindings

Spell Properties: each metallic property gives Superior and IX
    -Silver: Radiance
    -Cold Iron: Resonance
    -Flametouched Iron: Devotion
    -Admantine: Laceration
    -Byeshk: Nullification
    -Crystal: Impulse

#Metallic Properties determine the DR breaking type and also the spell properties once you apply elemental binds to the alchemical weapon/shield

Byesk and Crystal metallic properties also have addition effects.
    -Byeshk: Alchemical handwraps reinforced with this material grant the user an extra die step of damage on unarmed strikes. It stacks with the monk past life feat but doesn't stack with Jitz-tek- confirmed.
    -Crystal: Spell failure chances for armors and shields made from crystal are also decreased by 10%. (so, Light Alchemical Crystal Shield should have 0% ASF, once they fix the base to be 5% instead of the current 15%

Using the Binding Station: The cannith binding station list the DPS based tiers first, followed by the spell based tiers, then the shard tiers

Imbuing Empty Kyber Shards

Empty Kyber Shard, Spirit of <element>, Greater Cannith Power Cell
    Empty Refined Kyber Shard, Refined Spirit of <element>, Greater Cannith Power Cell
    Empty Exquisite Kyber Shard, Exquisite Spirit of <element>, Greater Cannith Power Cell

Imbued Kyber Shard are BOUND to CHARACTER

Elemental Binding (Melee based)
    -Tier 1: Kyber Shard of <element>, Durable Alloy, and Martial Power cell
    -Tier 2: Refined Kyber Shard of <element>, Durable Alloy, Fortified Compund and Martial Power Cell
    -Tier 3: Exquisite Kyber Shard of <element>, 2 Fortified Compounds, Martial PowerCell and 5 Dungeon Tokens

Elemental Bindings (Spell Based)
    -Tier 1: Kyber Shard of <element>, Volatile Alloy, and Mystical Power Cell
    -Tier 2: Refined Kyber Shard of <element>, Volatile Alloy, Mercurial Compund and Mystical Power Cell
    -Tier 3: Exquisite Kyber Shard of <element>, 2 Mercurial Compounds, Mystical Power Cell and 5 Dungeon Tokens

All Elemental Bindings Formulas are as you see above. What matters is the Element Type you imbue your shard and weather you are gonna go Melee or Spell Based.

Elemental Effect (Melee based) By tier

Tier 1:
    -Air: Shocking Burst, Stunning +10, Heightened Awareness 4
    -Earth: Acid Burst, Greater Stone Prison, Earthgrab
    -Water: Icy Burst, Freezing Ice, Fire Shield (Cold) (like Bracers of the Glacier)
    -Fire: Flaming Burst, Flaming Blast, Seeker +10

Tier 2:
    -Air: Exceptional Dexterity +2, Lightning Strike, Doublestrike 6%
    -Earth: Exceptional Constitution +2, Acid Blast, Disintegration
    -Water: Exceptional Wisdom +2, Crushing Wave, Corrosive Salt
    -Fire: Exceptional Strength +2, Incineration, Righteousness

Tier 3:
    -Air: +6 Enhancement Bonus, Electrifying Blast, Empty Red Augment Slot
    -Earth: +6 Enhancement Bonus, Corrosive Blast, Empty Red Augment Slot
    -Water: +6 Enhancement Bonus, Freezing Blast, Empty Red Augment Slot
    -Fire: +6 Enhancement Bonus, Fiery Blast, Empty Red Augment Slot

Elemental Effect (Spell based) By tier

Tier 1:
    -Air: Superior Magnetism IX, Superior <Metal Type Effect> IX, Air Guard
    -Earth: Superior Corrosion IX, Superior <Metal Type Effect> IX, Earthgrab Guard
    -Water: Superior Glaciation IX, Superior <Metal Type Effect> IX, Freezing Ice Guard
    -Fire: Superior Combustion IX, Superior <Metal Type Effect> IX, Magma Surge Guard

Tier 2:
    -Air: Superior Electric Lore, Superior <Metal Type Effect> Lore
    -Earth: Superior Acid Lore, Superior <Metal Type Effect> Lore
    -Water: Superior Ice Lore, Superior <Metal Type Effect> Lore
    -Fire: Superior Fire Lore, Superior <Metal Type Effect> Lore

Tier 3:
    -Air: Efficient Metamagic Enlarge II, Greater Enchantment Focus, Spell Focus Mastery +1
    -Earth: Efficient Metamagic Empower II, Greater Conjuration Focus, Greater Spell Penetration IX
    -Water: Efficient Metamagic Extend II, Greater Transmutation Focus, Greater Elemental Spell Power
    -Fire: Efficient Metamagic Maximize II, Greater Evocation Focus, Arcane Augmentation IX

My example will be air/air/air all Melee tiers

So i have my alchemical kopesh and head to the Melting station in the Cannith manufactory and make a metallic ignot, glowing ignot, and pliable ignot, for adding silver. Then I have to make a durable alloy for tier 1, a durable alloy and fortified compound for tier 2 and 2 fortified compounds for tier 3 elemental binding.

Next I go to the forging station in the Artificers workshop and used my blank alchemical weapon, my 3 ignots( metallic, glowing and pliable) and 1 cannith power cell and add silver to my alchemical kopesh.

-Intermission running tons of raids to collect ingredients-

Here is were I can start to upgrade my weapon to tier 1. First I take my 200 kyber shard fragments collected from Lord of Blades and Master Artificer raids and place them in the Forging Station in the Artificers Workshop, combine the fragments to make an empty kyber shard.

From here i have to go the Binding station, since I premade the needed metals ahead of time, I need to go to the Research facility to use the Binding Station, I call for the help of the neighbor friendly sorc(Socks), we travel to the research facility and take down 6 guns to unlock the binding station room. I now can make my kyber shard of air using a spirit of air, greater cannith power cell and my empty kyber shard. Then combine my alchemical silver kopesh, kyber shard of air, durable alloy and martial power cell, making a tier 1 alchemical silver kopesh of air.

This same process is used to make tier 2/3.
    Tier 2 requires a refined kyber shard of air (refined spirit of air, greater cannith power cell and an empty refined kyber shard) a durable alloy, fortified compund and martial power cell
    Tier 3 requires an exquisite kybershard shard of air (equisite spirit of air, greater cannith power cell and empty exquisite kyber shard) 2 fortified compounds, 1 martial power cell and 5 dungeon tokens

Finally I will end up with a tier 3 epic alchemical silver kopesh of triple Air

Toven's Hammer: located in the Master Artificer end chest currently drops on any difficulty.

Missing Parts:
    Cerebral Distiilation Unit-location unknown
    Elemental Motion Fixation Unit- Lord of Blades optional chest verfied 10-9-11 on a hard run
    Partial Repair(Cerebral Distillation Unit and Cannith power) must be completed first before you can do a Full Repair(Elemental Fixation Unit and Greater Cannith Power Cell)
    Last edited by fullpozzy; 10-24-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Guys

if you see something wrong please let me know so i can get it corrected, i am working on editing and formating this guide.

TNX

Special Thanks goes to everyone else who have helped in getting this info.
    Last edited by fullpozzy; 10-10-2011 at 12:58 AM.

Community Member

despite all that there typing, i still don't really understand exactly what I need to do to turn my Blank into a tier 1.

Can we simplifiy this a bit ?
    Eulogy- oh ninety eight

It appears you can also get complete empty khyber shards from chests, I got one in LoB normal, still BTA.

once you have a alchemical blank, you get the needed ingredients from the melting station to add a metal property. While you are at the melting station, you can make the needed alloy for tier 1 also. Next you collect 200 kyber shard fragments of binding and turn them into a empty kyber shard using the forging station and add the metal propety to your alchemical weapon here also. then run lord of blade and collect the spirit that you want to add for tier 1. After 10 completion of Lord of Blades you can get a mystical or martial cell( depending on if you want dps or caster based effects). Now you have everything you need for tier 1. Now go to a binding station either at the end of Lord of Blades or in the Research facility, imbue your empty kyber shard with the spirit. With the imbued shard, alloy, and the martial or mystical cell in your inventory, place them into the binding station with the alchemical weapon and hit forge. Tier 1 alchemical weapon

I hope this helps
    Last edited by fullpozzy; 09-26-2011 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auran82 View Post
    It appears you can also get complete empty khyber shards from chests, I got one in LoB normal, still BTA.
    Tnx for this info, if this happens again can we plz get a screen shot

Quote Originally Posted by fullpozzy View Post
    Tnx for this info, if this happens again can we plz get a screen shot
    I can give a screenshot of the item itself to show it's BTA, lol.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Exclamation

Metal Effects. Much thanks to Gallina (eatsmart on the forum) for getting the screenshots, since I don't have the pack yet.

Adamantine:
    Nothin' special.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cold Iron:
    Nothin' special.

Flametouched Iron:
    Nothin' special.

Silver:
    Nothin' special.

Byshk:
    "Alchemical handwraps reinforced with this material grant the user an extra die step of damage on unarmed strikes"
    (wonder if that stacks with past life and/or jidztetka)

Crystal:
    "Spell failure chances for armors and shields made from crystal are also decreased by 10%."
    (so, Light Alchemical Crystal Shield should have 0% ASF, once they fix the base to be 5% instead of the current 15%)

Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

My apologies, and Tnx I over looked this information and guide has been updated
    Last edited by fullpozzy; 09-28-2011 at 12:01 AM.

Perhaps a silly question, but it doesn't say explicitly anywhere I can find: can you mix and match elements? e.g.: water/water/fire

From my understanding while studing the binding station the only requirement for tier 2 is the item must be tier 1. So mixing of elements should work just fine and mixing martial and mystic should also work

From my understanding while studing the binding station the only requirement for tier 2 is the item must be tier 1. So mixing of elements should work just fine and mixing martial and mystic should also work
    Excellent. The Tier 3 of Mystic+Water was useless to me, but either Earth or Fire will be tasty.

Do shields end up with the same properties as weapons? Do those properties apply to your main hand or to shield bashing, or...what?
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Hey bud,

The guide is off to a great start - but it is admittedly, extremely hard to read and follow. some simple formatting would fix most of the issues I think. Do a little bit of Bolding and underlining to split up the separate parts, some spacing, even adding color to make it easier to read and navigate - not just read top to bottom, but to browse the entire thing in general. Just my thoughts after reading it.

-Firstaid.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    Do shields end up with the same properties as weapons? Do those properties apply to your main hand or to shield bashing, or...what?

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=344231 thread about shield/weapon propeties

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=344138 thread covering weather they apply to main hand. Any global effect is transfer to main the rest are shield bashing.

Alchemical Crafting start to finish

There are 5 base ingredients

1. Alchemical weapons/shields: These drop in the Master Artificer raid. They are unbound, have the same base damage as greensteel blanks, and are also minimum lvl 12 (16 for shields) -and you get your choice of a blank after 5 completions. Before you can start adding the tiers of enhancements to it, you have to add a metallic property to it. Adding a metallic property to it will change the blank to bound to account, options of metallic properties include:
    -Silver
    -Cold Iron
    -Flametouched
    -Adamantine
    -Byeshk
    -Crystal

NOTE: The base metal you add to the blank will be important for melees for DR-breaking purposes, and important to casters for spell-boosting enhancements that are added to it when upgrading the item.

2. Kyber shard fragments of binding: have 3 tiers(kyber, refined and exquisite) and appear in the chests in Master Artificer and Lord of Blades raids. It take 200 fragments to "forge" 1 empty shard for that tier.(Empty Kyber shard can also drop in the Lord of Blades end chest and are bound to account)

3. Parts: found in explorer area and quest in House Cannith. Parts must be "melted" into different metals, which are used all tiers of crafting. See below for further details. These are unbound.

4. Power cells:
    There are 3 main types of power cells, one for each tier:
    -Tier 1: Lesser Cannith Power Cell
    -Tier 2: Cannith Power Cell
    -Tier 3: Greater Cannith Power Cell
    Cannith power cells can drop in the Quest/Raids. Mystical/Martial are only available after 10 completions of Lord of Blades raids (this is subject to change). Cannith power cells are unbound, and Mystical/Martial are most likely bound to character.

5. Spirits: There are 3 tiers of Spirits:
    -Spirit of <element>: drop in Lord of Blades on all difficulties.
    -Refined Spirit of <element>: drop in Lord of Blades on all difficulties.
    -Exquisite Spirit of <element>: drop in Lord of Blades on epic difficulty only.

-All spirits are bound to character on acquire, so don't try to pull them for your other characters.

NOTE: you can freely mix and match any tier elements with one another, as far as we know there are no special affects added for keeping the same element on multiple tiers like greensteel does.

There are 3 different STATIONS used in crafting

Melting station: used to melt parts into 1 of 3 different types of metals: IGNOT, ALLOY or COMPOUNDS. you can find this station in the Cannith Manufactory wilderness area.

Forging station: used to forge kyber shard fragments into empty kyber shards and add metallic properties to Alchemical weapons/shields. Found inside Master Artificer raid (and possibly the artificer workshops leading to the raid??)

Binding station: used to add elemental bindings to alchemical weapons/shields and imbue empty kyber shard using the correct tier of spirit. Found in the Lord of Blades raid.

*The forging station is also used to unlock nearly finished items and Toven's Hammer

Using the Melting station:
    Items needed for the station I call parts sets

Parts Sets:

Iron Defender
    Pile of Iron Defender Rivets- made from Iron Defender Riviets
    Pair of Iron Defender Rivets- made from Iron Defender Claws

Iron Juggernaut
    Iron Juggernaut Limbs - made from Iron Juggernaut Parts
    Set of Iron Juggernaut Plating - made from Iron Juggernaut Plating

Magefire Cannon
    Pile of Magefire Cannon Parts - made from Magefire Cannon Parts
    Magefire Cannon Core - made from Magefire cannon Core

Quorforged Juggernaut
    Quorforged Juggernaut Limbs- made from Quorforged Juggernaut Parts
    Set of Quorforged Juggenaut Plating-made from Quorforged Juggernaut Plating

**left of the dash is what you see in the Melting Station and right of the dash is what you see in your ingredients bag

Creating Metals with the collected Parts

Types of Metals:

IGNOTS require 2 parts sets using both components from each set:
    -Metallic Ignots: Iron Defender and Iron juggernaut parts sets
    -Dense Ignots: Iron Juggernaut and Quorforged Juggernaut parts sets
    -Glowing Ignots: Magefire and Quorforged parts sets
    -Pliable Ignots: Iron Defender and Mage fire Cannon parts sets

ALLOYS require 2 different Ignots and 1 parts set
    -Durable Alloy: Metallic and Dense Ignots and Iron Defender parts set
    -Volatile Alloy: Glowing and Pliable Ignots and Quorforged parts set

COMPOUNDS require 1 Alloy and 3 different Ignots
    -Fortified: Durable alloy and Metallic, Dense and Pliable Ignots
    -Mercurial: Volatile alloy and Glowing, Pliable and Dense Ignots

Using the Forging Station:

200 kyber shard fragments = 1 Empty Kyber Shard
    200 refined kyber shard fragments = 1 Empty Refined Kyber Shard
    200 exquisite kyber shard fragmetns = 1 Empty Exquisite Kyber Shard

Empty Kyber Shard are bound to account.

Metallic Properties: require 3 Ignots and 1 Cannith Power Cell
    Silver: Metallic, Glowing and Pliable Ignots and Cannith Power Cell
    Cold Iron: Metallic Glowing and Pliable Ignots and Cannith Power Cell
    Flametouch Iron: Glowing, Pliable and Dense Ignots and Cannith Power Cell
    Admantine: Dense, Metallic, and Glowing Ignots and Cannith Power Cell
    Byeshk: Pliable, Metallic, Dense Ignots and Cannith Power Cell
    Crystal: Glowing, Pliable, and Dense Ignots and Cannith Power Cell

*CAUTION Cold iron and Silver have the same needed ingredients, Crystal and Flametouch Iron have the same needed igredients. Ensure that you are choosing the correct metallic property before you hit the REFORGE button

**Alchemical weapons must have a metallic property added before you can add elemental bindings

Spell Properties: each metallic property gives Superior and IX
    Silver: Radiance
    Cold Iron: Resonance
    Flametouched Iron: Devotion
    Admantine: Laceration
    Byeshk: Nullification
    Crystal: Impulse

*Metallic Properties determine the DR breaking type and also the spell properties once you apply elemental binds to the alchemical weapon/shield

Byesk and Crystal metallic properties also have addition effects.
    Byeshk: Alchemical handwraps reinforced with this material grant the user an extra die step of damage on unarmed strikes. No info on if it stacks.
    Crystal: Spell failure chances for armors and shields made from crystal are also decreased by 10%. (so, Light Alchemical Crystal Shield should have 0% ASF, once they fix the base to be 5% instead of the current 15%

Using the Binding Station:

Imbuing Empty Kyber Shards

Empty Kyber Shard, Spirit of <element>, Greater Cannith Power Cell
    Empty Refined Kyber Shard, Refined Spirit of <element>, Greater Cannith Power Cell
    Empty Exquisite Kyber Shard, Exquisite Spirit of <element>, Greater Cannith Power Cell

Imbued Kyber Shards are BOUND to CHARACTER

Elemental Binding (Melee based)

Tier 1: Kyber Shard of <element>, Durable Alloy, and Martial Power cell
    Tier 2: Refined Kyber Shard of <element>, Durable Alloy, Fortified Compund and Martial Power Cell
    Tier 3: Exquisite Kyber Shard of <element>, 2 Fortified Compounds, Martial PowerCell and 5 Dungeon Tokens

Elemental Bindings (Spell Based)

Tier 1: Kyber Shard of <element>, Volatile Alloy, and Martial Power cell
    Tier 2: Refined Kyber Shard of <element>, Volatile Alloy, Mercurial Compund and Mystical Power Cell
    Tier 3: Exquisite Kyber Shard of <element>, 2 Mercurial Compounds, Mystical Power Cell and 5 Dungeon Tokens

All Elemental Bindings Formulas are as you see above. What matters is the Element Type you imbue your shard and weather you are gonna go DPS or Spell Based.

Elemental Effect (Melee based) By tier

Tier 1:
    Air: Shocking Burst, Stunning +10, Heightened Awareness 4
    Earth: Acid Burst, Greater Stone Prison, Earthgrab
    Water: Icy Burst, Freezing Ice, Fire Shield (Cold) (like Bracers of the Glacier)
    Fire: Flaming Burst, Flaming Blast, Seeker +10
    Tier 2:
    Air: Exceptional Dexterity +2, Lightning Strike, Doublestrike 6%
    Earth: Exceptional Constitution +2, Acid Blast, Disintegration
    Water: Exceptional Wisdom +2, Crushing Wave, Corrosive Salt
    Fire: Exceptional Strength +2, Incineration, Righteousness
    Tier 3:
    Air: +6 Enhancement Bonus, Electrifying Blast, Empty Red Augment Slot
    Earth: +6 Enhancement Bonus, Corrosive Blast, Empty Red Augment Slot
    Water: +6 Enhancement Bonus, Freezing Blast, Empty Red Augment Slot
    Fire: +6 Enhancement Bonus, Fiery Blast, Empty Red Augment Slot

Elemental Effect (Spell based) By tier

Tier 1:
    Air: Superior Magnetism IX, Superior <Metal Type Effect> IX, Air Guard
    Earth: Superior Corrosion IX, Superior <Metal Type Effect> IX, Earthgrab Guard
    Water: Superior Glaciation IX, Superior <Metal Type Effect> IX, Freezing Ice Guard
    Fire: Superior Combustion IX, Superior <Metal Type Effect> IX, Magma Surge Guard
    Tier 2:
    Air: Superior Electric Lore, Superior <Metal Type Effect> Lore
    Earth: Superior Acid Lore, Superior <Metal Type Effect> Lore
    Water: Superior Ice Lore, Superior <Metal Type Effect> Lore
    Fire: Superior Fire Lore, Superior <Metal Type Effect> Lore
    Tier 3:
    Air: Efficient Metamagic Enlarge II, Greater Enchantment Focus, Spell Focus Mastery +1
    Earth: Efficient Metamagic Empower II, Greater Conjuration Focus, Greater Spell Penetration IX
    Water: Efficient Metamagic Extend II, Greater Transmutation Focus, Greater Elemental Spell Power
    Fire: Efficient Metamagic Maximize II, Greater Evocation Focus, Arcane Augmentation IX

My example will be air/air/air all Melee tiers

So i have my alchemical kopesh and head to the Melting station in the Cannith manufactory and make a metallic ignot, glowing ignot, and pliable ignot, for adding silver. Then I have to make a durable alloy for tier 1, a durable alloy and fortified compound for tier 2 and 2 fortified compounds for tier 3 elemental binding.

Next I go to the forging station in the Artificers workshop and used my blank alchemical weapon, my 3 ignots( metallic, glowing and pliable) and 1 cannith power cell and add silver to my alchemical kopesh.

-Intermission running tons of raids to collect ingredients-

Here is were I can start to upgrade my weapon to tier 1. First I take my 200 kyber shard fragments collected from Lord of Blades and Master Artificer raids and place them in the Forging Station in the Artificers Workshop, combine the fragments to make an empty kyber shard.

From here i have to go the Binding station, since I premade the needed metals ahead of time, I need to go to the Research facility to use the Binding Station, I call for the help of the neighbor friendly sorc(Socks), we travel to the research facility and take down 6 guns to unlock the binding station room. I now can make my kyber shard of air using a spirit of air, greater cannith power cell and my empty kyber shard. Then combine my alchemical silver kopesh, kyber shard of air, durable alloy and martial power cell, making a tier 1 alchemical silver kopesh of air.

This same process is used to make tier 2/3.
    Tier 2 requires a refined kyber shard of air (refined spirit of air, greater cannith power cell and an empty refined kyber shard) a durable alloy, fortified compund and martial power cell
    Tier 3 requires an exquisite kybershard shard of air (equisite spirit of air, greater cannith power cell and empty exquisite kyber shard) 2 fortified compounds, 1 martial power cell and 5 dungeon tokens

Finally I will end up with a tier 3 epic alchemical silver kopesh of triple Air

Melting station location: zone into the cannith manufactory use the left elevator and go down through the door around the corner and take you immediate left open the doors and there sits the station

Forging station: go through the cannith manufactory and head towards the Artificer workshop as if you are heading to the Master Artificer Raid, remember if you are by yourself you need to take to long route because the right elevator is not active. Once in the Artificer workshop head straight ahead and before you go through the door there is 2 forging stations on the left and right.

Binding station: Go through the cannith manufactory and head to the Research facility once you zone in proceed to the four way and hang a left. walk forward and 6 guns will appear, disable to guns and proceed into the room and there is the binding station. Caution at the 4 way there is a possible rare. A second Station is located by the end chest in the Lord of Blades raid.

A few notes:
    All stations show everything that can be crafted at that station.
    The cannith binding station list the DPS based tiers first, followed by the spell based tiers, then the shard tiers

Info still needed

Binding status of Empty Kyber Shards, do they bind to character once you forge your fragments into a empty shard?
    Binding Status of Martial/Mystical Power cells? Are they BOUND to CHARACTER?
    Can you mix and match DPS and Spell based tiers of the elemental binds? I.E. Tier 1 DPS based, Tier 2 Spell based and tier 3 DPS based
    I started formatting your guide a bit for ya, I'll edit this post and continue formatting it later (headed to my next class) The information is all there, some of it needs to be cut out (unnecessary), little bit of indenting and bolding goes a long way
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=344231 thread about shield/weapon propeties

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=344138 thread covering weather they apply to main hand. Any global effect is transfer to main the rest are shield bashing.
    Thanks.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

+1 OP, nice work

Community Member

Actually, the word is "ingot", not "ignot". Other than that, good job,
    Got complaints about the in-game hirelings?
    That's nothing compared to what they say about YOU

The Sister Contract: A DDO Hirelings tale on YouTube

Default Toven's Hammer info added

Just got info about Toven's Hammer and added it to the guide. Tnx for the spelling correction
    Last edited by fullpozzy; 10-10-2011 at 12:06 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast