Thread: Axe of Famine

Default Axe of Famine

Just picked up the Axe of Famine on my TR Bard (Basic Info Dwarf TWF Bard 15/3/2 at the end Bard/Rogue/Fighter. I play him as a front line DPS with full buffing).

Currently I use a LitII Daxe in my main hand, and have various off hand crafted weapons i use depend on the boss (ie +3 silver holy +bane).

At first glance the Axe of Famine seems very nitch. Orange and Red bosses on Epics and high end quest, for the first 10 or so swings. The Stat dmg is not worth it for trash. Does anyone use it differently?

PS: are there really no good named DAxes?
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hate me if you want, as of right now I'm not letting anyone crack open the build for this. Nope no way. Nada. I need developers working on the expansion pack, and that only. Again, hate me all you want, but creating a whole new realm takes priority over a broken bag. This is pretty much true of a few of the other issues that crept in today also.

I like to use it as an alternative to a greataxe when I am in a quest where you have to kill bad guys but avoid killing some other creatures, examples include The Shrieking Mines and Let Sleeping Dust Lie. By equipping the Axe of Famine and a shield, I get good hitting power without the danger of killing innocent creatures with the THW glancing blow property.
    Snarly Dwarf Chick With A Great Axe

Quote Originally Posted by Bonulino View Post
    I like to use it as an alternative to a greataxe when I am in a quest where you have to kill bad guys but avoid killing some other creatures, examples include The Shrieking Mines and Let Sleeping Dust Lie. By equipping the Axe of Famine and a shield, I get good hitting power without the danger of killing innocent creatures with the THW glancing blow property.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDO Wiki
    Update 5: Dwarven Axes when wielded as a single weapon or axe-and-shield (but not dual-wielding) will now produce glancing blows on enemies around wielder. The glancing blows are increased by Two-Handed Fighting feat chain and enhancements that increase the effectiveness of them.
    Careful, best to use a non DAxe, such as a decent battle axe to get your extra axe dmg (assuming a Dwarf)
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Hate me if you want, as of right now I'm not letting anyone crack open the build for this. Nope no way. Nada. I need developers working on the expansion pack, and that only. Again, hate me all you want, but creating a whole new realm takes priority over a broken bag. This is pretty much true of a few of the other issues that crept in today also.

I have half a mind to make a dwarven tempest at some point.

Right now I use this is a tool on my WF PM to nail some bosses more easily.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane