Angry directx 10 not working...

I use windows vista home premium and have an nvidia geforce 9400 gt graphics cards. i know i had dx10 before the update and now its locked on dx9, box is shaded. my windows is set up for dx 11 and i know the card supports dx 10 but cant understand why its not playing the game in dx 10. any feedback on how to fix would be welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by ericscavanaugh View Post
    I use windows vista home premium and have an nvidia geforce 9400 gt graphics cards. i know i had dx10 before the update and now its locked on dx9, box is shaded. my windows is set up for dx 11 and i know the card supports dx 10 but cant understand why its not playing the game in dx 10. any feedback on how to fix would be welcomed.
    scroll up you'll see..

Known Issue: Black Screen With Visible UI: Some Intel users may find that when DirectX 10 is enabled, only their UI is visible and the rest of their screen is black. If this occurs, we recommend you disable DX10, enable DX9, and restart the game client.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand"-Kurt Vonnegut

This helped me and some others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakigrth View Post
    I was having this exact issue as well.

I was able to repair DirectX with Microsoft's DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35).

DirectX 11 is now selectable again in the Options.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

B.

None of the known issues applied to me. It was working in dx10 and after update and automatically set itself to dx9.

Phaede - I tried that, but it told me it couldnt locate directx file in reg config And when i went in and looked for it, it isnt there. Now, how can i get it?

Thx on the link, i did it and my Dx 10 started working