Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thx for nerf

Default Thx for nerf

/rantnerdragewarning
    Devs was saying that you need to spend 3 tokens to upgrade old epic item to new version.
    This is not true for brimstone verge, which is nerfed to new mlv20 version even if player wants his old.
    You'll say, but it got better damage, combustion blablabla, its buff not nerf.
    Not true.
    Previous was good for TRs, new is good for well, lets think, for anyone.
    95%+ of mobs you meet at lv20 is 100% immune to fire, so you can't shoot it with wand, you can't use that combustion or anything from that wand. Why not remove this item from game at all, if it can be used only for low level favor running?
    /end of rantnerdragewarning
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

95%+ of mobs you meet at lv20 is 100% immune to fire
    Errant nonsense.

Yes, epics have some things that are immune to fire. Just as these things are immune to fire at previous levels...fire giants, fire elementals, iron golems, devils, etc.

But 95%? You're off your gourd. Huge segments of the epic population take regular damage from fire, and there's a sizable number of trolls and mummies in epics which take extra bonus damage.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Errant nonsense.

Yes, epics have some things that are immune to fire. Just as these things are immune to fire at previous levels...fire giants, fire elementals, iron golems, devils, etc.

But 95%? You're off your gourd. Huge segments of the epic population take regular damage from fire, and there's a sizable number of trolls and mummies in epics which take extra bonus damage.
    You forgot to mention the latest end game pack is full of Warforged taking full damage from fire, and that next end game packs are supposed to be the same as well.

As to OP : it's not a nerf, but a FIX. The item was broken. Now it is not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    You forgot to mention the latest end game pack is full of Warforged taking full damage from fire, and that next end game packs are supposed to be the same as well.

As to OP : it's not a nerf, but a FIX. The item was broken. Now it is not anymore.

It was stated on its release that the epic version was supposed to be a twink item. Someone may come along with a link for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post

As to OP : it's not a nerf, but a FIX. The item was useful. Now it is not anymore.
    Fix in red. Unless you, or someone else, can convince me that the devs simply forgot how to code minimum levels for this one item.
    Akori-Fighter Iroka-Sorcerer Censured-Rogue Isilti-Cleric Tony-Sorcerer Duress-Cleric Elaril-Fighter Avatard-Fighter Mitigation-Paladin Loose-Bard Shiken-Fighter Unreasonably-Barbarian Jueh-Monk

Friends were pretty unhappy about it too.

If I remember right Genasi (Turbine's current item guy) addressed this in comments to his initial changes to Phiarlan epics posts.
    olganon.org - Remember to play in moderation.

Dual-Wielder of Halflings DevHead's Avatar

An epic item should never be anything other than ml 20. Complaining about it being otherwise is silly, as far as I'm concerned.
    Officer and Webmaster for Fallen Immortals, a guild of Thelanis.

Join us on the Officially Unofficial DDO Discord! https://discord.gg/ewEncxRNjn

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dozkal-mo View Post
    An epic item should never be anything other than ml 20. Complaining about it being otherwise is silly, as far as I'm concerned.
    Whats wrong with epic items with less ML? Just would need to be 'epic' accordingly, a lvl 2 epic greataxe could be +3 shocking burst... or something.

Sorry you think I'm silly.

Thumbs down

I don't care why they changed it.
    Anyone using wands at cap, who is not artificer will probably get squelched.
    I'm angry because they was constantly saying that to update epic item, you would have to go to epic altar and use 3 tokens, meaning, you can keep old version if you prefered.
    I was farming this to speed up my TR, now I get permanent -1 inventory slot instead.
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Have you tried to upgrade the Brimstone Verge with 3 Tokens? i assume you didnt?

Quote Originally Posted by FastTaco View Post
    Whats wrong with epic items with less ML? Just would need to be 'epic' accordingly, a lvl 2 epic greataxe could be +3 shocking burst... or something.

Sorry you think I'm silly.
    I think the point was that in D&D Epic = over level 20. Thus in a D&D game you won't see Epic stuff before level 21. Using Epic stuff at level 2 sounds a bit odd if you ever played D&D.
    Now you can start saying that DDO is not based on D&D. I already know.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    - Permadeath Guild -
    No twinking - No spoilers - No farming - Real challenge
    www.mortalvoyage.com

Quote Originally Posted by fmkeller View Post
    Have you tried to upgrade the Brimstone Verge with 3 Tokens? i assume you didnt?
    Why should I try?
    It was already nerfed (updated) automatically, without my choice.

Fix in red. Unless you, or someone else, can convince me that the devs simply forgot how to code minimum levels for this one item.
    No, we wouldn't want to convince you of that, since it's not true. There have been several epic items which had a sub-20 ML on them (there was an epic robe with no ML at all). They were all fixed.

If you thought that the Brimstone Verge was somehow magically different than those other mistakes, that's not Turbine's fault.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

The Epic Brimstone Verge already went through one epic item pass back in update 7. It got Superior Combustion 8 and Greater Evocation Focus at that time, but was still kept ML:3. Not no ML, like the Epic Robe of Disonnance (which was an acknowledged bug), ML:3 which had to be explicitly set. Since it went through one pass then, and got new abilities, without increasing its minimum level, it implies that the ORIGINAL developer intended it to be twink gear. Note that the clickie was a Caster level 9 Fireball, which was practically useless at cap.

Genasi is not the original developer who created that item, and he has different opinions on it, hence its change into the current version.

That still doesn't change the fact that in almost all cases, the old version of an item is NOT changed, so you can choose to keep the old version of an item if you wish. A lot of people are choosing to keep the old version of the Chimera's Fang for instance. In the Brimstone Verge (and the other wands are affected too), the clickies, ML, Binding status, and other properties changed without our consent.

No epic item has ever been intended as twink gear.

Eternal wands automatically set their minimum level, and when the Epic Brimstone Verge was created it wasn't overwritten properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    No epic item has ever been intended as twink gear.
    So epic items are intended to be destoryed after crafting, or just decoration of inventory?
    Is there at least possibility for refund for wasted ingredients?
    Last edited by Vellrad; 09-14-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    So epic items are intended to be destoryed after crafting, or just decoration of inventory?
    Is there at least possibility for refund for wasted ingredients?
    What ingredients did you "waste" to make your Epic Brimstone Verge? What would you have used those ingredients for if you hadn't made an Epic Brimstone Verge?

Were you not already warned months ago the item ML was not proper at which point you acknowledged there's no reason to craft one?

This is mildly perturbing because there are genuine problems with U11 but your rant gets (and wastes) developer attention. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    Were you not already warned months ago the item ML was not proper at which point you acknowledged there's no reason to craft one?
    This was when devs was stating that players will got choice, upgrade items, or keep old versions.
    And I could given seal, shard or scroll to player interested with using current version at least.

Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    This is mildly perturbing because there are genuine problems with U11 but your rant gets (and wastes) developer attention. Sigh.
    Different devs are working on different parts of game, and I'm the only one crying about wand, all others cry because of HP bars.
    Last edited by Vellrad; 09-14-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Community Member bradleyforrest's Avatar

All I'm seeing in this thread is complaints about something that any reasonable person would think was a fix, not a nerf. Earlier, there was mention about E Verge being intended as a twinking item and that a link would soon follow. I still haven't seen anything more about that.

It's an Epic item. Epic items are, by definition, ML 20. This was a bug fix.

Quote Originally Posted by bradleyforrest View Post
    All I'm seeing in this thread is complaints about something that any reasonable person would think was a fix, not a nerf. Earlier, there was mention about E Verge being intended as a twinking item and that a link would soon follow. I still haven't seen anything more about that.

It's an Epic item. Epic items are, by definition, ML 20. This was a bug fix.
    Shouldn't epic items be epic in term of usefulnes?
    Boost to casting of fire spells is on level of regalia of the phoenix, or even worse, as there is no fire lore on verge. Clicky to weak to bother, as most of mobs are immune and/or evasion, not to mention people will remember that you're wasting time with shooting wands, and will take not to don't take you to their groups.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast