Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Diyon View Post
    Those proportions aren't remotely the same. If we could do that, then ogres and trolls should be doing that to us too.
    They don't have to. They got the tripple rage crit hits of death.

Quote Originally Posted by protokon View Post
    What really, really annoys me about the giant's attack animation is the fact that there attacks are (as far as I've seen) uninterruptible. I was soloing epic claw on my sorc today and against the first giant, I'd cast irresistible dance. it lands on him almost immediately, I don't even see his attack animation. a second later I get tossed back, even after stepping back from him, and take damage as if he swung at me. irresistible dance wears out, so I throw an icy prison on him. It lands, almost immediately and again I get hit with a rock that the giant picked up and threw at me, which stunned me as well. can it be dealt with? sure, but honestly it feels like very sloppy game mechanics, it would be along the lines of mobs that move around while danced/flesh 2 stoned/ fascinated. very, very annoying.
    It's the same effect as guards breaking Fascinate. A mob queue's up an attack, and will complete that attack even if it is disabled at some point during the attack's long animation.

Quote Originally Posted by jandhaer View Post
    its high level content and should play as such.... stop fighting them on cliffs.... it only makes sense that something 20 feat taller then you and thousands of pounds heavier could knock you back a few feat (if not a country mile) when they tee off on your face with a club that is 10 times your size.
    It makes no sense when taken in context of the rest of the game. Creatures much, much stronger than some giant trash in a level 17 wilderness area can't move my character an inch.

It in no way makes the content more difficult. It only serves to make the content more annoying and less immersive. As such, it should be removed.

What is even more irritating is after they knock you back the move up and then rubberband back to original spot with full strength.

Quote Originally Posted by random31 View Post
    What is even more irritating is after they knock you back the move up and then rubberband back to original spot with full strength.
    Yeah this is what drove me crazy. I had to do a delicate dance to finally kill all those effers.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    The Rogue Thief Acrobat II PRE gives you "complete immunity to knockdown effects and slippery surfaces".

Balance does not help you stay upright. It only "[i]ncreases the speed with which you get up from a prone position".

The balance item linked above suggests staying upright is a reflex check for slippery surfaces and knockdown / knockback effects.
    1. Thief Acrobat II PRE only claims immunity. Doesn't actually give immunity to all effects (Titan knockdown being one of them). Anyone confirm if it helps with Giant's knockback?

2. Some effects are Balance checks, some are STR/DEX/Reflex checks. The Titan's knockdown in The Twilight Forge is a DC 35 Balance check to not be sent flying.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Best thing to do in the valley is to fight them off of the bridges. At least that way you won't get knocked off the cliffs and down. Besides that I'd recommend some type of ranged attack.
    ... a soldier,
    Full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard,
    Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
    Seeking the bubble reputation,
    Even in the dragon's mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    1. Thief Acrobat II PRE only claims immunity. Doesn't actually give immunity to all effects (Titan knockdown being one of them). Anyone confirm if it helps with Giant's knockback?
    I can't confirm Acrobat II, but I can confirm that Air Savant III will protect you from their knockdown, but not their knockback.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    The chance of tomes dropping is actually getting a significant increase.In Update 16, those odds are increased to 1 in 333.The new Upgrade tomes will be a sizable percentage of all ability tome drops- for example, when a +4 tome would drop, it will instead have a 25% chance of being a +4 to +5 upgrade tome. (quote edited for size)

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post

2. Some effects are Balance checks, some are STR/DEX/Reflex checks. The Titan's knockdown in The Twilight Forge is a DC 35 Balance check to not be sent flying.
    I can confirm the same on Acro II, no knockdown, but you still get knockbacked. Titan knockdown is an exception to lots of things.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Prey on the hunter= RuuuUUUUUUNNNN!!1!!1!!!!111!!!
    A rogue is basically, "Look at me or die."

Quote Originally Posted by random31 View Post
    Which is why I was fighting them on the bridges in the first place.

First giant you meet as you run from the entrance and down the valley stands on top of a vertical rock. My ranger quickly multishots it, my bard just runs past. He has no good ranged DPS, and the giant will not follow. Then path goes up past Aussircaex's cave and to a shrine. There is a giant before the shrine and one just past it. Those are not the problem; you fight them well away from the bridge. I do not remember if any giants actually spawn ON the first bridge, but if yes they are not a problem either, as they can be pulled to broad ground.

The problem are two giants who stand near the second bridge; they also have a winter wolf with them. They usually notice me as I had just crossed bridge 1, and head toward me. Along a narrow ledge. I can fight them on that ledge, or on bridge 1. Both choices are awful. If I run back to broad ground, they rubberband, effort wasted. These two are what I complained about in OP.

As I was writing, I realized a possible solution. Go into sneak mode (or run really fast in Shadow Walk), approach these giants, them move a bit up the path which leads to Risia Portal. Giants should follow me, and fighting them on that path should not be that bad.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rodasch View Post
    What?
    I misunderstood Wail. I thought that it gave negative levels on failed saves. That appears to just be the way Circle of Death works. *embarassed*

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    On a separate note, I've had experience with these frost giants before (my main is level 19), and they have incredible immunities. AFAIK, they have Deathward, are unaffected by Fear, and cannot be stat-drained, charmed, danced, or fascinated. Either that, or they save on 2 against everything.
    Limb chopper works on them even when vorpal won't. While that doesn't stop you from getting knocked back it does slow their attacks to 1/3 of norm, and their run speed coincidentally so there's less chasing involved.

I've always thought that a reflex evasion save following an unsuccessful attack on their part should negate the knockback. You know, they swing and miss, and you move yourself right under the bludgeon that didn't bludgeon you.
    Archangels
    Pwesiela - Completionist Arcane Archer; Pia - Silver Flame Assassin; Aes - of the Blue Ajah; Insene - Deathpriest; Enaila - Aiel Bodyguard; Uduk - Dwarven Meatwall; Vitalien -Warder
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorie View Post
    Pwesiela is correct.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12