Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Uhm no sorry but a sinlge lvl of FvS doesn't work as you hope, you won't get double SP from items, you'll just get a bonus proportionate to the lvls you have in FvS not a blanket +100%...

What's the problem with cleric and toughness?

IMHO a better class split would be 17C/2R/1Monk if you have it or just a plain basic 18/2 or even a 17/3 rogue if you really want that 3rd rogue lvl as giving up 18th as cleric doesn't hurt you *too* much.

Ah, i thought i would get the double sp for having 1 lvl of fvs, guess that was too good to be true eh?

cleric toughness wasnt showing up in my char planner,

Anyways ill be posting the pally build today after school.

What about 17C/2R/1B for the extra bit of dmg? or maybe 1F instead.if i had monk i would definitely use it

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doomwafflez View Post
    I would actually do that, but sadly i dont have warforged unlocked, :/
    You could try a human wiz 18 / rogue 2 Pale Master; not quite as survivable as WF initially, but pretty dang self-sufficient once you get undead forms. EDIT: and plenty of skill pts for those trap skills you seem to want. Not usually a melee-focused build, though.

I'm not fond of mixing trapmonkey with clerics / FvSs on 28-pt untwinked builds: you wind up wasting a lot of build pts on INT (and possibly take extra lvls of rogue) to beef up skills for what's a relatively minor part of DDO; and usually end up gimping the important parts of your char, namely spellcasting (and possibly melee if going BC). Rogue / bard is a better combo IMHO if you don't want a rogue / wiz and / or want to be a melee-focused spell-casting trapmonkey all at once.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    You could try a human wiz 18 / rogue 2 Pale Master; not quite as survivable as WF initially, but pretty dang self-sufficient once you get undead forms. EDIT: and plenty of skill pts for those trap skills you seem to want. Not usually a melee-focused build, though.

I'm not fond of mixing trapmonkey with clerics / FvSs on 28-pt untwinked builds: you wind up wasting a lot of build pts on INT (and possibly take extra lvls of rogue) to beef up skills for what's a relatively minor part of DDO; and usually end up gimping the important parts of your char, namely spellcasting (and possibly melee if going BC). Rogue / bard is a better combo IMHO if you don't want a rogue / wiz and / or want to be a melee-focused spell-casting trapmonkey all at once.
    Good advice here, and well said. I've been trying to say this advice in a few threads.

Divine casters only get 2 skillpoints per level, and would usually dump intelligence, so mixing in rogue skills into it is hard, and doesn't synergize particularly well. Therefore trying to do it on a 28 pt build is dangerously close to gimpiness.

My advice would be to got rogue/wiz with palemaster if you don't have WF. You can get undead forms at level 6 and self-healing at level 7 (death aura, and negative burst) which is nice, and since you will have high intelligence anyway, investing in rogue skills doesn't sacrifice your build nearly as much.

If you would rather go melee, I think rogue/ranger or rogue/bard are you best bet. Both classes get 4 skillpoints per level which makes it so you don't need quite as high of an intelligence to start. Both the ranger and bard can heal themselves quite nicely with wands.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12