Community Member

Question DR Breaker weapon for Harry

I have a toon who uses to run shroud, he's a TWF fighter using scimitars.
    I have 2x silver scimitars and want to cannith craft a pair of DR breaker weapons for Harry.
    Being my levels on cannith crafting around 40-45, I plan to do two scimitars like this:

+4 Holy Silver Scimitar of Evil Outsider Bane

According to my calculations, I need to raise potential to the basic silver scimitars like this:

+2 potential from Holy
    +2 potential from Evil Outsider Bane
    +4 potential from +4 Enhancement Bonus

That's total +8 potential, so I must apply +6,+7 and +8 shards.

Finally, these scimitars would do to Harry:

2d6 from Holy
    1d6+4+STRModifier from Weapon Damage
    2d6 from Evil Outsider Bane

Let me know your point of view and if it is ok or if I'm wrong on any calculation.

Another point is the choice between Evil Outsider Bane and Lawful Outsider Bane. I think Evil Outsider Bane is better as I would be able to reuse the weapon for other devils in the shroud. What's better in your opinion?

Thanks for your answers.

first off, ALL devils are 'lawful outsiders'

2nd u gain another +2 dmg (and hit) from the outsider bane.

Other than that, if your + values are about right, your good with the numbers.

Looks solid to me, I crafted a silver greatsword & a silver quarterstaff (store-bought stick since normally dont get silver ones) for a couple of my characters with the exact same enchantments - they're nicely functional & relatively easy to make.

The reason people prefer lawful outsider bane is for the greater bane, as theres less expensive ingredients required for it but for regular (middle tier) bane theres no real reason not to go with the more generalised EOB since medium scales are pretty cheap & you'll have a more multifunctional weapon for use on thaarak hounds & other nasties too.
    Last edited by FuzzyDuck81; 08-26-2011 at 05:06 AM.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by quarterpi2 View Post
    Finally, these scimitars would do to Harry:

2d6 from Holy
    1d6+4+STRModifier from Weapon Damage
    2d6 from Evil Outsider Bane

Let me know your point of view and if it is ok or if I'm wrong on any calculation.

Another point is the choice between Evil Outsider Bane and Lawful Outsider Bane. I think Evil Outsider Bane is better as I would be able to reuse the weapon for other devils in the shroud. What's better in your opinion?
    Your calculations for shards are correct.

The scimitars would actually do 2d6 from holy, 1d6+4+STRModifier from weapon damage, and a further 2d6+2 and +2 to hit (for a total of +6 to hit) from evil outsider bane.

I would suggest making your silver weapons evil outsider bane, and crafting a second set of cold iron scimitars with +4 Holy of Chaotic Outsider bane. The reason being that your silver weapons can then be used as a decent allround weapon against all evil-aligned enemies (reducing the need for weapon swapping). The cold iron weapons will be better against demons, but also be useful in those few locations where there are good or neutral chaotic enemies, for example Running With The Devils or any quest with efreeti. (afaik there are no lawful outsiders that aren't also evil in ddo- at least not yet).