Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by bigolbear View Post
    this is rapidly becoming me standard responce to pvp threads.

any future pvp development should be a 'pack' that has to be bought. the sales figures would answer once and for all the feasability of pvp development.

the forum users represent a tiny portion of the player base, so all the shouting here is not realy representative of the typical player.

ps. im not a hater, but i probly only spend 1% or less of my game time in any kind of pvp setting.
    should be expensive enough that they can bring extra devs so content for the majority and bug fixes wouldnt be slowed down also zero rewards that could ever ever affect pve

also even VIP's should have to pay to help prove how much interest there really is in pvp

Beware the Sleepeater

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    Unfortunately I tend to imagine that without some development of a PVP system which is appropriate to DDO that eventually our game will die.

I disagree adding pvp wont change that a bit the game will die at some point and I dont think adding pvp will extend that by one day. But thats just me. making pvp to important could hasten my departure though.

Beware the Sleepeater

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    I see what you are saying. But I play DDO because it has no PVP.

If someone wants a PVP game then let them go play something else, leave DDO to us that want no part of it. That is my opinion
    me to

Beware the Sleepeater

Keep in mind, this was restarted again by a pointless 4-month necro that looks to have been nothing more than an attempt to...
    Quote Originally Posted by stretchcore View Post

...and bait folks into the same old debates.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Keep in mind, this was restarted again by a pointless 4-month necro that looks to have been nothing more than an attempt to...

I really should start reading dates on threads

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by BinyaminTsadik View Post
    One of the best Ideas I've seen was to have a seperate PvP server like lamania where you could transfer your character and fight intersever PvP battles. Orien vs Canith! This way the entire world could be a big PVP arena with no quests or questing, and all skills, items and classes could be incorporated and balanced properly without affecting the game. Scores could be added, and PVP guilds could be formed.
    Tournaments, teamfights, arenas, etc could all come together.
    Instead of entering a quest, you would enter a PVP instance. The party UI could be smaller to allow for larger teams. Different scenarios and minigames could be incorporated. This way, the haters could be PVP free in the main gaming world and the PVPers could get the balancing that they want in the PVP world.
    You can keep dreaming about PvP it won't happen.

Server vs server PvP, guild airships battles, guild islands assaults ... I don't want all the drama, keep that away from my DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    One of if not the biggest reasons I'm still playing after most of two years. Thank you for bringing it up.
    add me to that list.

The future of PVP in DDO is about as as this thread.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Pffft lazy good for nothing horses.
    Ever bleed out in a thornbush? Welcome to UD14.

Quote Originally Posted by stretchcore View Post
    This is the reason most PVP happens on the forums, and not just in pvp threads. :/

My 2cp is that if there's going to be ongoing changes to ddo, new classes/enhancements/PREs etc, that would necessitate rebalancing for PVE, they would also require more dev time rebalancing for PVP. This means more financial and hours worked cost to turbine, so higher prices for us, and more time to wait between updates.

Absolutely. When Anarchy Online decided to shift to even more of a pvp focus (having to pvp to get top end gear for any character at any level), I stopped playing.
    Given the lag and other issues ingame anyway, why would you even want to play pvp on a game hosted on these servers?
    Do you even think there's enough pvp experience in the dev team to maintain a pvp environment?

I don't. Starting a thread about how downtrodden all the pvpers in this game are is nothing more than another cry for attention, when 90% of the pvp options ingame aren't used.
    THis...and what Chai said.

It isn't the ...center...of this game. Yes, in PnP you can do anything, however, the majority of people played, "You and 3 other adventurers you met in the bar go off to fight the dragon and have great adventures together."

PnP wasn't marketed FOR the concept of PvP, though you can have that if you so choose to. All the adventures you could buy, all the maps and such, were all about theGROUP and not the individual.

Personally, I find PvP selfish and cruel. Even team PvP. Maybe not everyone is, but eventually the elitists will come (due to their current boredom with whatever game they are playing) and PvP will become all about ME. Or MY GUILD and ME. But always ME.

Another factor to be realised is at the beginning of this game, THE WAS NO PVP. Not even the little bit we currently have. Yes people left but many stayed. I'd bet there is a high percentage of people who stuck it out until f2p or even past it. THese are the guys who pay the subs without thinking about it. And if you took a survey, most of them would say that the y stayed for the fact there was no PvP (as one of their reasons)

It was mine. Everytime I got bored, went to another game (well outside LotRO) then got smacked with the trash talk and the constant challenges. Rift, which is a good game, it was the same deal. Flagged as non PvP then comes a world event. I help healing suddenly I am PvP. THat was the death knell for me with that game.

If that isn't enough, realise what you are all discribing about balancing changing gear and such, is a new game. Really? Do you think if they did that people would come? Do you wish that the current bugs stay bugged and no more quests placed in the game so they can work on this new "game?"
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

I see a PvP LFM once every two months = there is no need for more PvP features.

Imo, this game has the perfect PvP system, marginalized and without any influence on the rest of the game. So its fine as it is.

I enjoy the game without PvP, see no reason to go gank less geared/experienced/lower level characters in the pits, and see no reason to spend development on something I don't use and don't want to use over more content, character options, and bug fixes. I can PvP in other games but I enjoy this one more.

The team vs team and capture the flag are better options that tavern brawling pits for PvP.

Over the years I've been playing I've only ever heard players discussing PvP ingame in one TOD run and I was challenged once while running through the harbor. I've had a lot of players want to run quests and I've had more blind tells than possible to track to run those.

My experience isn't that players hate PvP. Most of them simply choose to actually play the game and leave the PvP folks alone.

This simply isn't a game that works well with PvP.

Ok fine. If we are going to continue to post in this necro'd thread then I will share a pvp experience from time spent playing Aion.

Like most standard mmo's, aion has a light side vs dark side set up.
    Each faction has zones that deny the other faction access, so u may freely level to 20.
    Zones beyond 20 are basicly a free for all.

Now, every character over 10 th level can fly but 95% of your objectives are on the ground.
    So, what dark side characters do is hover in packs above light side objectives and when light side guy walks over to "kill 6 zombie dogs and take thier pelts"............ HE GETS GANKED!

Thus making it very hard to level. The darkside group shares the kill, which counts as 1 for everyone who got a hit in and after a certain amount are able to buy pvp gear and powers. Which are by far the most powerful pieces of equipment in the game and the best looking.

Star Wars had a similiar pvp gear system but u need permission to attack someone outside the limited pvp zones.

When I get ganked in DDO I expect it to be by monsters, not by players.

I think lack of a more robust pvp system is what in part makes the population more friendly/helpful towards each other.
    Ever bleed out in a thornbush? Welcome to UD14.

Community Member

this Idea is Terrible if pvp were fully developed as an aspect of this game nerfs/buffs would be issued for no other reason than pvp. In fact pvp is the cause of a lot of already nerfed abilities noone complains about something being overpowered unless you're a noob getting carried or you're in pvp getting **** on. stop whining and get some skill

16. 09-29-2013, 05:34 PM

Nice. This thread has been necro'd more times than I've tried PVP now!

18. 09-29-2013, 08:15 PM

19. 09-30-2013, 03:47 AM

Holy necro! Batman!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    Designing a game around factions from the ground-up looks to be the only way to really approach balance in a player v. player environment. I really liked the game that has 3 factions, each has the same kind of classes, but varied.

For example imagine that the spellsinger the virtuoso and the warchanter were classes instead and each belonged to one of the three factions.

Each faction has questing areas strictly PvE and an area to fight other factions...with goals...a giant, 3 team, capture the flag where you can use siege engines and all kinds of stuff and each faction has the same power dynamic.

Though I'd be a little tempted to try a PvP PD server that included friendly and self-fire, fireballs had lethal consequences to the caster on paper...but probably not more than once or twice.

You're in luck, the elderscrolls has this now (many years later)

Quote Originally Posted by Tinco View Post
    I simply think that DDO does not have the mechanical basics to make it a good pvp game and all what makes DDO enjoyable would be at stake if they tried to balance it for pvp.

I myself play LoL if I feel the need to smack people in a nice team based combat. No every game must cater to all styles of play. Sometimes it's better to concentrate on what's good about your game and leave the rest for other games.

That said I don't care at all if people participate in brawls in DDO. I just really don't want compromises to be made because of them. I fear it would break more on the PvE side than it would help on the PvP side.
    Yep, every update makes things worse, a pvp expansion would too.

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    We have a DDO that after many years still don't have all the PrEs. Some bugs are still there. Some content still have issues and Epic still need rework quest wise and gear wise.

Why should Turbine spend more time developing PvP that is played by a minority of players?

It IS a waste of resources when there's still so much work to be done in regards to content and classes.
    right again!

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    You dont want to have this conversation because there_is_no_conversation. This is a gear driven game. If not, please tell us for what incentive people will come back to PVP one year after a revamp, that is better than gear, specifically and in relation to this game.

Hint: Turbine has already answered this question, by not developing PVP.
    So glad they had never bothered to do enhance pvp, it goes against all that D&D stood for, fun teamwork and all.

So rarely do I get to use this one:

Any sort of material benefit from PvP would immediately be abused by sets of friends giving up easy kills to each other to get those benefits. Same with titles or what have you.
    Seen it happen in Aion a lot!, large guilds of each faction deceiding each week who gets what fortress.

Quote Originally Posted by captain1z View Post
    Ok fine. If we are going to continue to post in this necro'd thread then I will share a pvp experience from time spent playing Aion.

Like most standard mmo's, aion has a light side vs dark side set up.
    Each faction has zones that deny the other faction access, so u may freely level to 20.
    Zones beyond 20 are basicly a free for all.

Now, every character over 10 th level can fly but 95% of your objectives are on the ground.
    So, what dark side characters do is hover in packs above light side objectives and when light side guy walks over to "kill 6 zombie dogs and take thier pelts"............ HE GETS GANKED!

Thus making it very hard to level. The darkside group shares the kill, which counts as 1 for everyone who got a hit in and after a certain amount are able to buy pvp gear and powers. Which are by far the most powerful pieces of equipment in the game and the best looking.

Star Wars had a similiar pvp gear system but u need permission to attack someone outside the limited pvp zones.

When I get ganked in DDO I expect it to be by monsters, not by players.

I think lack of a more robust pvp system is what in part makes the population more friendly/helpful towards each other.
    Aion was a total mess and the dev's didn't bother, deleting thousands of critticall posts, endulging themselves over a new cosmettic tiger skin.

Forced server merges, incredible lag in the Abyss, incesive ganking, no reliable way of getting end game gear.
    drops were abysmal(and often ninja'd), crafting procs were extremely rare so the only reliable way of getting end game gear was grinding lowbies.
    Though meant as a pve game with the abys to pvp (a private dev comment), the game started great butt collapsed about 1 year later, people got tired of the incesive ganking and extreme grind.

now about DDO, the reason many play it these days is because of the friendly&fun teamwork--->IMHO<---
    i'm not here to hear leet speak from a 12 year old named pownyopantz whille he's sneakhumping my soulstone on how he ganked me on my way to the quest in the stormhorns.

More pvp content? sure, after they fixed pve wich we have paid for!
    make it an expansion, ask 50 bucks, after 2 years of recovering time, turbine will hopefully let pvp die of
    because, to be honnest, lateley the quality of ddo items has taken a nosedive.
    Items some one here called incentive for pvp (i highly doubt that).

Why, instead of whinning about pvp, go buy a propper pvp game, many games have their engines build around that instead of having it tacked on to this game, lately they haven't been able to introduce a pack with out breaking something else. (broken yet paid for stuff that still hasn't been fully fixed yet)
    A game that, according to some, is doing so bad, bleeding players left and right, that Turbine felt the need to bleed shards of players in order to gain some money. (shard AH, Loot rerol, shard transport, leaving Eberron for the forgoten realms, Iconics, etc).

I don't hate pvp, i hate the drama around it, i hate the begging for nerfs/bufs over the years/ i hate the time and effort dev's could put into it instead of fixing the game.

/Not signed

Community Manager

I'll miss seeing this thread return in 2014, but closing as a /necro.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456