Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I think that some people forgotten that they can make +9 stat GS weapon for TRs.
    This is very hadny.
    Also, cold absorbtions for kiting is very useful.
    Last edited by Vellrad; 08-20-2011 at 04:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by treefrog1976 View Post
    Personally, no matter how gimped some might say it is, I'm wanting to try a Balance of Land and Sky wep of some sort.

Tier I - Acid
    Tier II - Shocking Burst
    Tier III - Frost Blast
    Aspect I - Protection +3, Resistance +3, Balance +11
    Aspect II - Elemental Mastery (on-hit chance to proc d6 acid, cold, electric, AND/OR fire, separate percentage for each)

I think it would be a fun weapon to try out, just to see what happens... if only it didn't cost so many larges, as I'm very poor.
    I made a balance of land and sky gs as an off hand weapon for my main character and have never looked back. Why? I TR a LOT and it was the best place for me to get an exceptional +2 str at levels 12-17. I went with Shock/Acid Blast/Exceptional Str+2.

The problem is that to get exceptional str+2 off of a greensteel you need tier 3 to be a water or negative effect. Well, negative loses out to everything, so to end str+2 you need triple neg, and those are just not good dps weapons. Unholy means that you have to be neutral to wield it, and almost everything in the game resists unholy damage. So evil was out.

Looking over the other water effects, none of them seemed better than land and sky. I did make an ice prison gs on a different character... but with the low proc rate and lack of damage boost from icy prison, I knew I didn't want that (again). The +7 balance is nice, the resist and deflection bonuses really don't do much as you will have higher from other gear.

Still, the weapon does about 3-4 elemental damage dice per hit, and maybe 5% of the time or so you get the big 6 dice of elemental damage hits. Would I use it as a main weapon? Never. But in an offhand while leveling? It rocks!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AMDarkwolf View Post
    MinII is a great first choice, regardless, because it lets you consolidate many, many different weapons(IE Inventory space) into one nice neat spot with 2 lv 16 stoneskin clickies. With an adamantine ritual(LOL i know, kinda silly) on it, this sucker won't ever take more than 1-2 ticks of dmg(IE Repair cost is a whopping 1/2 a plat after 10 quests)
    Are you talking about the full 5 tiers of the ritual, or just one? With the ores and soul gems in high demand again, they're gonna be getting expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDarkwolf View Post
    If a melee i prefer cloak for the immunity item, since goggles i tend to reserve for tharnes/true seeing.
    Yeah, I agree. As a tank, I have my Trip Neg on my Cloak, but I actually have TS on my Dragontouched, so I'm creating some Trip Pos Goggles as Intim Goggles/Raise Clickie (+6 Exceptional Cha Skills)

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    Triple earth picks were common before u9. It's still a useful effect, but not as much as it was
    This was actually going to be made for my FB3 Barb when he got up in level, but then they removed Auto Crit, and it was just too sad...
    Last edited by treefrog1976; 08-20-2011 at 09:19 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by treefrog1976 View Post
    This was actually going to be made for my FB3 Barb when he got up in level, but then they removed Auto Crit, and it was just too sad...
    You want to hear a real sob story? Take my rogue. Used to be fairly evenly spread STR/DEX/INT non-finesse on first life. Crafted a pair of earthgrab heavy picks. Update 5 changed the Assassin passive bonus from +8 Seeker to SA dice. Then U9 got rid of autocrits. Then I TR'd into a DEX/INT finesse build so now my attack bonus sucks with them too.

Actually I can't complain, I still carry them around for the earth ellie clicky. 4 of those per rest lets me clear the entire vale solo. :P

Dust2 looks nice for some trash mobs, though i haven't built one myself (not exactly a high priority item ATM)

Community Member

Default Trap the Soul Vacuum Falchion

My favorite is still Rad II Falchion....out of the Pos III and Min II and Lit II stuff that I've made.

Latest weapon I made was a Unholy/Shocking Burst/Shocking Blast Aspect of Vacuum Falchion. I did it because I'm too lazy to go to caster and trap the soul for gems when I need them, much easier to farm soul gems just slap this puppy on. As a TR running through lvls it is not the best, but in looking to farm soul gems it would be better if I could actually lower to DPS to get mobs to live longer and have trap the soul proc more often. But, its a little late and there it is. Works great one desert or orchard run is 4-8 undead / gnoll / elemental / abberation gems easy. Waste of mats.....maybe......then again I can craft the banes I want when I want....I'm happy.
    RTFM on Khyber

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123