Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

badbob117 and Sarisa, that is great to hear.

I remember all the talk about vaccum when it first got released. It did seem to have a 20 HD limit, and it would only ever proc once a rest. I never saw anything in notes posted by devs that it got fixed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Actually the sundering ooze is "chance on hit" effect, and trust me. It goes off often.
    According to tihocan's planner and DDOWiki, it's a 25% chance to proc with a DC 40 Fort save to negate. Sure, it'll proc almost as often as rapiers/scimitars with IC score a crit, but if you have to wait for the mob to roll a 3- on its save...

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    My AA made a Holy greensteel bow. Then she put Shocking Burst on it. Standard steps toward Lit2, right? Well, instead of dual Lit2 shard I just put Good Blast on that bow. I am not a power gamer; I play to have fun, and the grind involved in making Lit2 shard would have taken fun out of the game for me. It just was not worth the effort.

Another unconventional GS weapon I have is a 30% Healing Amp dagger (10% from Tier 1 and 20% from Tier 2). When I can spare larges, I will make it 45% Healing Amp. The reason it is a dagger is so I could use it in different combinations --with a Superior Devotion shield, or in off-hand with a "real" weapon. Actually it may not be all that unconventional -- how many people have a dedicated healing amp stick?
    I do!
    It's my raise clickie
    Also, it's a Shuriken. Me and some friends thought it would be funny to make GS throwing weapons, so I actually did it LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Like this? Pretty cool, also has good alignment. I was toying with the idea of a simple triple fire weapon, since it's cheap.
    VERY BAD for end game... lots of things are highly resistant or immune to fire... so its a bad investment in the long run... also dont go for a min2 since you can get a crafter to make a +5 Holy Silver of lawful bane and its going to be a better harry beater and way cheaper
    Khyber: Pinel / Laerak / Sibeli / Kaeral / Gilmara - Crafter

I still enjoy using my Earth III Khopeshes. While Earthgrab lost it’s auto-crit, it gained +50% damage on stuff you can’t crit. And then there’s the ability to summon the BFF.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    I still enjoy using my Earth III Khopeshes. While Earthgrab lost it’s auto-crit, it gained +50% damage on stuff you can’t crit. And then there’s the ability to summon the BFF.
    Don't forget earth grabbed also auto back stabs. I used one of these on a Rogue to good effect.

Quote Originally Posted by badbob117 View Post

VacuumII are a powerful weapon. A lot of players never give it a chance and end up missing out on its awesomeness. I never made my Vacuum II weapon for Soulgems. I made it to insta-kill epic Mobs and am not sorry i did.
    My thoughts exactly. Now that I'm getting in range of grinding gs mats I've been looking at the planners, and though LitII looks good, I'm seeing a bunch of other things that look pretty good too. Not really sure why the intense love affair most ppl have with LitII's. (What if next update makes a few tough monster races immune to lightning?) Pretty sure I'll be making at least one VacII. But maybe I'll go with a VacII belt just to be crazy. I'm also liking the idea of the untyped damage from DustII and SteamII... I think a pair of DustII Khops would be bad a**, or a DustII main hand and a SteamII offhand maybe for the healing amp, solid fog and cold absorption...

Yeah, I'm pretty undecided at the moment. Good thing I still have a long ways to go before I have to make the call.

I hope it doesn't come down to getting bored with grinding and ending up making whatever I can afford... Is the grind for mats reaaly as bad it sounds?
    Last edited by B.Ogre; 08-17-2011 at 03:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

belt is a high demand slot. you may wish to look at your future plans for gear before you make yourself a greensteel belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    belt is a high demand slot. you may wish to look at your future plans for gear before you make yourself a greensteel belt.
    Yeah, I know. And since Fear is one of my greatest weaknesses at the moment I'm loathe to give up my fear immunity belt, unless it's to make a saltII with poison immun/fear immune and a total of +7 will saves (my lowest stat ). How good is the horrid wilting that comes with that? It's gonna be a real tough call when the time comes.
    Last edited by B.Ogre; 08-17-2011 at 03:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    But Min II has Keen (freeing up a feat)
    I hate it when people say this. Min II only frees up a feat if you use it exclusively which isn't exactly a smart thing to do since there are tons of weapons that are superior to Min II in both specific situations and in overall performance.

Min II is a nice weapon and all but saying it frees up a feat is a misleading statement.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by somerecluse View Post
    conc opp boots with major healing lore on them lol (purposely done)
    Is this odd? I did the same thing, on gloves.

(People seem willing to wear the Gauntlets of Eternity, so why not GS gloves with the same effect plus some?)

Quote Originally Posted by Viisari View Post
    I hate it when people say this. Min II only frees up a feat if you use it exclusively which isn't exactly a smart thing to do since there are tons of weapons that are superior to Min II in both specific situations and in overall performance.

Min II is a nice weapon and all but saying it frees up a feat is a misleading statement.
    It is viable, IMO, to use Min 2's on DR bosses and Epic Kron'zek's Cruelty (post U11) on other foes.

eKC is about the same DPS as a Lit 2 and better To-Hit, so that's viable for feat-starved builds.

Back to unconventional GS's in general though - There's no reason to make a 'pure DPS' Greensteel that isn't one of the usual ones. But some utility weapons can work well. I'm partial to Sundering Ooze as the AC debuff stacks with basically everything.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    It is viable, IMO, to use Min 2's on DR bosses and Epic Kron'zek's Cruelty (post U11) on other foes.
    "post U11" Epic Kron'zek's Cruelty has Improved Destruction. Is Improved Destruction still bugged?

In case you don't know, Improved Destruction is supposed to take -8 off the mob's AC, but it removes only -4 -- but stacks with regular Destruction. So to get full -8 effect you need both. My ranger's "can opener" set is Rocksplitter + Improved Destruction short sword.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Personally, no matter how gimped some might say it is, I'm wanting to try a Balance of Land and Sky wep of some sort.

Tier I - Acid
    Tier II - Shocking Burst
    Tier III - Frost Blast
    Aspect I - Protection +3, Resistance +3, Balance +11
    Aspect II - Elemental Mastery (on-hit chance to proc d6 acid, cold, electric, AND/OR fire, separate percentage for each)

I think it would be a fun weapon to try out, just to see what happens... if only it didn't cost so many larges, as I'm very poor.

Quote Originally Posted by treefrog1976 View Post

I think it would be a fun weapon to try out, just to see what happens
    And that is the most important part.

Now if only everyone could realize that...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lurzifer View Post
    Triple positive are usually the Undead beaters (especially Skeleton/Lich Beaters), therefore Mauls and Warhammers work the best due to highest base damage on Blunt.

Since u cannot crit Undead, a Falchion is the worst choice with the lowest Base damage on a 2-hander GS
    Although they are immune to crits, it will still proc the good burst/blast damage on a critical roll (extra 7d6 per crit roll). Against something like Black Abbot, it would make it the best 2H slasher due to the increased proc rate and due to the fact that all the base weapon damage would get absorbed by DR.

That being said, use a blunt object to bypass DR for better overall damage anyway lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Indoran View Post
    VERY BAD for end game... lots of things are highly resistant or immune to fire... so its a bad investment in the long run... also dont go for a min2 since you can get a crafter to make a +5 Holy Silver of lawful bane and its going to be a better harry beater and way cheaper

And of course you have to remember, that there's no demons, aberrations, constructs, or anything else in the game a minII breaks DR for... /sarcasm off

MinII is a great first choice, regardless, because it lets you consolidate many, many different weapons(IE Inventory space) into one nice neat spot with 2 lv 16 stoneskin clickies. With an adamantine ritual(LOL i know, kinda silly) on it, this sucker won't ever take more than 1-2 ticks of dmg(IE Repair cost is a whopping 1/2 a plat after 10 quests)

Quote Originally Posted by KajaGrae View Post
    Although they are immune to crits, it will still proc the good burst/blast damage on a critical roll (extra 7d6 per crit roll). Against something like Black Abbot, it would make it the best 2H slasher due to the increased proc rate and due to the fact that all the base weapon damage would get absorbed by DR.

That being said, use a blunt object to bypass DR for better overall damage anyway lol!
    vs abbot I don't see yellow numbers when using a trip holy QS... so i think he has lich DR(Blunt+Magic)

But i think a falchon is 2d4 vs 1d10 of maul? The difference is VERY minor here, so Kaja is quite correct, the added bonus of all those extra 'on crit' proc's would indeed add up to FAR more than what the maul pulls off (Assuming that the falchion will crit 3x as often as the maul does)
    Last edited by AMDarkwolf; 08-20-2011 at 02:17 AM.

Community Member

I keep coming back to a Greensteel Goggle set that is basically all my immunity's... Deathblock, Poison, Fear, Disease, Blindness all in one accessory allowing me to fill in the rest with better stuff.

If I can bring myself to find 6 more LDS's I'd like to make a VacumII. Min2, Vac2 I shall name them Hunter & Gatherer.

Dogan
    They will be repeaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Doganpc View Post
    I keep coming back to a Greensteel Goggle set that is basically all my immunity's... Deathblock, Poison, Fear, Disease, Blindness all in one accessory allowing me to fill in the rest with better stuff.

If I can bring myself to find 6 more LDS's I'd like to make a VacumII. Min2, Vac2 I shall name them Hunter & Gatherer.

Dogan
    They will be repeaters.
    If a melee i prefer cloak for the immunity item, since goggles i tend to reserve for tharnes/true seeing.

But if u know a cleric who loads TS, your fine :P

Community Member

Triple water absorption items are awesome. kiting shadows on tod becomes so easy. Same for the ellies on into the deep

Healing amp 10%/something negative/healing amp 33% conc-opp sticks are insanely powerful on a caster. Get healing amp 20% on your ToD ring or on the bracers from hox.

Triple earth picks were common before u9. It's still a useful effect, but not as much as it was
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast