Question Thoughts/Opinions on Pathfinder

I just went out and purchased the Core Rules book and a few odds and ends. So far I like what I read, but I wanted to come here to the forums and get some opinions from people that have ran a few games with this world setting.

What do you think?

It seems to me to be the next "natural" progression from the 3.5 rules, yet it of course goes into its own world setting. I don't mind. And it would be easy to just move on into it with previous worlds and fit them in smoothly, too.

Anyway, I want opinions out there in forum land not my own at this novice point I hover around with Pathfinder.

Thanks everyone.

Snip
    Guilds -- Officer: Umber Hulks, Member: Knights of the Silver Dragon (KotSD)
    Characters: Nalinor (Human Rogue lvl 20), Cargonar (Dwarven Fighter lvl 11), Atlanon (Dwarven Fighter 11/Barb. 2). Beltakorr (Human Barb. 18/Fighter 2), Fleabite (Halfling Wiz. lvl 9), Skirahzalon (Drow Bard lvl 8).

Quote Originally Posted by SniptheShadow View Post
    I just went out and purchased the Core Rules book and a few odds and ends. So far I like what I read, but I wanted to come here to the forums and get some opinions from people that have ran a few games with this world setting.

What do you think?

It seems to me to be the next "natural" progression from the 3.5 rules, yet it of course goes into its own world setting. I don't mind. And it would be easy to just move on into it with previous worlds and fit them in smoothly, too.

Anyway, I want opinions out there in forum land not my own at this novice point I hover around with Pathfinder.

Thanks everyone.

Snip
    Pathfinder is better than 3.5. Mostly because it's slightly more evolved and fixes certain issues 3.5 had. Increased HD for alot of classes was a good idea for example. I could go on, but you have the book
    Khyber: Daedri - 20th lvl Elf Fighter (Yay, first lvl 20 7/2/11)

Art misunderstanding by calm, poise and balance.

Community Member Symar-FangofLloth's Avatar

Pathfinder is really nice, and fixes a lot of issues with 3.5.
    However, it doesn't fix everything. And getting into their newer books you do run into some power creep again, although not as bad as 3.5 was. Yet.

And it's compatible, with some modifications, with 3.5. But you need to watch out for that power creep.

The biggest "issue" is so many little things have changed, if you're used to 3.5 you will likely gloss over them for some time.
    Former Xoriat-er. Embrace the Madness.