Default Artificer d20 Notes

From the Pathfinder d20 site:

Artificer

Community Member Tenkari_Rozahas's Avatar

downside is. thats pathfinder, it's based on 3.5 yes, but its "tweaked for balance. the Perception skill also doesnt exist in DDO, it combines Listen and spot into one.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbarry View Post
    Your doomsaying of doom does not meet the doom regulations for doom font, doom color, or doom spelling, specifically the number of "o"s. Please take a moment and correct these glaring doom issues.

Community Member Symar-FangofLloth's Avatar

There is also no Artificer in Pathfinder.
    That's a homebrew conversion.
    Former Xoriat-er. Embrace the Madness.

4. 08-14-2011, 09:38 AM

Metamagic Spell Trigger: Starting at 7th level, an artificer can apply a metamagic feat he knows to a spell effect from a spell trigger item he activates. Doing so drains extra charges from the item equal to the level increase that the metamagic feat normally imposes. If the spell trigger item does not have charges, this power does not work. The artificer also must have the item creation feat corresponding to the item he is using (for example, craft wand to apply a metamagic feat to a spell effect from a wand).

Does this mean some of the usless wands/scrolls/clickies will now be less useless?
    “If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles" TsunTzu

Community Member Tenkari_Rozahas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baddax View Post
    Metamagic Spell Trigger: Starting at 7th level, an artificer can apply a metamagic feat he knows to a spell effect from a spell trigger item he activates. Doing so drains extra charges from the item equal to the level increase that the metamagic feat normally imposes. If the spell trigger item does not have charges, this power does not work. The artificer also must have the item creation feat corresponding to the item he is using (for example, craft wand to apply a metamagic feat to a spell effect from a wand).

Does this mean some of the usless wands/scrolls/clickies will now be less useless?
    no... what he linked too isnt DDO's version of the artificer, so while it gives clues about the class, that wont be what we will see in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbarry View Post
    Your doomsaying of doom does not meet the doom regulations for doom font, doom color, or doom spelling, specifically the number of "o"s. Please take a moment and correct these glaring doom issues.

Community Member

This version seems to be some kind of gimp artificer, being able to apply metamagic only to wands. The one in Eberron campaign setting got Metamagic Spell Completion feature at lvl 13 (if I recall correctely), and could apply metas to scrolls. I doubt that feature will be present in DDO.

Too bad, actually. If I was designing this class for DDO, I'd drop all this Rune Cannon/Terminator Dog nonense and do it as UMD extraordinaire class, being able to make, apply metamagic to (probably limited in some fashion) and cast scrolls of every kind - both divine and arcane, and being able to temporarly enchant equipment for allies.

I guess other people would like this version more, however... more new shiney things!

I do believe they are adding something of that nature since wands all got an error message about ingredient type in U11.

And if something is buggy, they messed with it.

9. 08-14-2011, 10:25 AM

10. 08-14-2011, 10:41 AM

11. 08-14-2011, 10:44 AM

extened fleshrender goggles or GS Hastes

Community Member

Oooh, but if they follow the pathfinder version for #infusions/day you get 1 level 6 at 13... my what synergy that would have with a rogue 7 >

Dogan
    SNEAK ATTACK... only works on trash

Quote Originally Posted by Doganpc View Post
    Oooh, but if they follow the pathfinder version for #infusions/day you get 1 level 6 at 13... my what synergy that would have with a rogue 7 >

Dogan
    SNEAK ATTACK... only works on trash
    Ebberon campaign says you get 0 at 13 not counting bonus slots.
    DDO starts with 2 slots per level when you get a new level

Be glad they didn't go the infusions and crafting essence way.
    it would be hard for me to give up my loot or essences for more spellbar

15. 08-14-2011, 05:15 PM

16. 08-14-2011, 05:24 PM

17. 08-15-2011, 12:49 AM

18. 08-15-2011, 07:19 AM

19. 08-15-2011, 07:42 AM

20. 08-15-2011, 08:17 AM