Default looks like light monks and hand wraps got hit with the nerf bat pretty hard

can someone post the changes so i can decide if im going to delete mine.changes to jade tomb ect.

Huh? Where are they nerfed? Where they got cost reductions for higher tier Void and elemental strikes? Handwraps getting the ghost touch bug fixed (presumably)?

Just asking, as I went through the release notes and saw nothing else Monk specific.
    Anyone who disagrees is a Terrorist...

Cthulhu 2020 Never settle for the lesser evil...

Default issues im talking about are not in release notes

wraps had a dc for stone prison now have a nat 20 instead i think.tomb of jade doesnt work on all outsiders now just chaotic?.i dont have details thats why im asked i ran with a monk who found much has changed in mod 11 for his well geared light monk and he wasnt happy about it.

Wow... Vampiric Stonedust Handwraps got an upgrade. They went from "Stone Prison" (DC 17 Flesh to Stone spell on a vorpal strike) to "Greater Stone Prison" (On a confirmed critical hit from a Natural 20, proc DC 33 Flesh to Stone spell). Nice.

After reading your post, I popped onto Lam and dragged my lvl 20 shintao monk to Amrath. First Orthon I seen I hit with Tomb of Jade: it worked correctly. Second target was a Bearded Devil (a few devils later): Tomb of Jade worked correctly.

I didn't pay attention to the costs, though, but they don't really bother me.

Perhaps if you could post a list of perceived problems your friend experienced, I'm sure we'll get people to test them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by macubrae View Post
    A Dwarf's beard should be thick, strong and long enough to tuck under your belt (to keep kobolds from swinging on it and giants from swinging us by them).

Quote Originally Posted by sacredguyver View Post
    Wow... Vampiric Stonedust Handwraps got an upgrade. They went from "Stone Prison" (DC 17 Flesh to Stone spell on a vorpal strike) to "Greater Stone Prison" (On a confirmed critical hit from a Natural 20, proc DC 33 Flesh to Stone spell). Nice.

After reading your post, I popped onto Lam and dragged my lvl 20 shintao monk to Amrath. First Orthon I seen I hit with Tomb of Jade: it worked correctly. Second target was a Bearded Devil (a few devils later): Tomb of Jade worked correctly.

I didn't pay attention to the costs, though, but they don't really bother me.

Perhaps if you could post a list of perceived problems your friend experienced, I'm sure we'll get people to test them out.
    oh, i love that change, makes them way better. possibly 95% effective on most mid level content, which is really great

and if you do find a list, i would also be happy to log on my monk and test it out, i want my monk to work correctly
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonTroy View Post

at one point during the aggro issues i pulled horoth on my monk, which i admit i kind of enjoyed for about half a second. but then he hit me.

Community Member Felix_the_Rakshasa's Avatar

What are we supposed to see that is nerfed from those screenshots?

with the vamp stonedust one you can see the changes to the greater stone prison, which would be a buff

the second one was just me posting what was on lam, not sure if it's a nerf or any change at all.. but looks the same

I just signed up for a free photobucket account and was working out how to post screen shots

Community Member

tomb of jade and jade strike SS look the same as on live

Quote Originally Posted by sacredguyver View Post
    dont quote me on this, dont wanna double check it atm.. But i believe that change may already already live. As I just upgraded my ogrish greataxe, and took a look at the list of items, noticing the handwraps and thinking they looked different..

Possibly all items got the upgrade, possibly inadvertently due to there frequent sloppy copy/pasting coding style of new effects.

The upgraded wraps already had (something like) greater stone prison before the update, this is only a tooltip fix if I'm not mistaken.

jade strike and tomb of jade have not been changed at all

and i think tinco and shade might be right, i do seem to remember something about this before. for the life of me i cant remember when or where though
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonTroy View Post

at one point during the aggro issues i pulled horoth on my monk, which i admit i kind of enjoyed for about half a second. but then he hit me.

I made some stonedust handwraps a couple weeks ago .....they have the greater stone prison with the 33 dc already. they look like felix's screen shot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by tlstar View Post
    I made some stonedust handwraps a couple weeks ago .....they have the greater stone prison with the 33 dc already. they look like felix's screen shot.
    Screenshot of my set on live server:

So unchanged.

Yeah stonedust handwraps were never dc 17 for stone prison, that was just a mistake in the description. I don't know if it was 33 and they just updated the details or if it was another number and they just changed it outright.
    Last edited by IWZincedge; 08-14-2011 at 07:43 PM.

17. 08-14-2011, 12:01 PM

Reason
    trolling

18. 08-14-2011, 12:05 PM

Reason
    trolling

I assume you are refering to this:

The Wraps of Endless Light are doing more damage than intended. This will be fixed in a future update.

I don't think they intended to have the new disruption and GUB on the same weapon. They don't seem to be in any major hurry to nerf it though.
    Move along , Nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by t0r012 View Post
    I assume you are refering to this:

I don't think they intended to have the new disruption and GUB on the same weapon. They don't seem to be in any major hurry to nerf it though.
    I still don't get that nerf.

Those wraps were built to -wreck- undead.

They do just that.

It's not like Disruption+GUB is overpowered against things that aren't undead.

I can see maybe making the level 12 and 16 ones a bit weaker, since at those levels it is pretty serious damage they can put out.

But the level 20 ones should remain ludicrous. They're the best way to deal with undead, really, and at end-game not that gamebreaking, relative to, say, a bear of triple-positive kamas or a triple-positive quarterstaff. They just let the monk keep punching, something they usually don't get a chance to do, since there are *@($-all for good named wraps end-game.