Community Member

Default Weird glitch in taverns with brawling areas

I was in a tavern and discovered a strange glitch. Sometimes you will get the PvP flag outside of the PvP area, allowing you to hit a player but you never do any damage. For example, if I get PvP-flagged, I can hit a player, and the person hit will see red zeroes, dice rolls, and the Shattermantle effect, although nothing happens to the player. In some cases, this will scare the other player out of the tavern, even though the player never takes damage.

EDIT: I learned that if two players get flagged for PvP at the same time they can fight anywhere, and they really take damage. This is very dangerous to low-level players!
    Last edited by dandykong; 08-13-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Just another day in Korthos. (Not my character)

Community Member

After seeing your message, I had to check this out.

I found it possible to resurrect in the brawling arena and also at times unable to resurrect in the normal areas. It has also made some interesting bugs for casters. The damaging caster spells can not be cast outside of the brawling area but with the pvp flag on while in other parts of the lobster, you can get attacked and be unable to defend yourself.

Also when using bluff and diplomacy (use to break lock on) now comes up as unusable in a public area.

Otherwise, I like the bonus HP when the flag turns on. It makes recovering after a death during a quest or /death easier. Just jump in the arena quick and then poof back up past my max hp. The only problem with that is the small plat sink of the taverns is diminished.

Community Member

I figured out what triggers it. When one person jumps in, ALL people can fight in the tavern regardless of where they are after the first person's immunity timer ends. People who enter after PvP is triggered for the entire tavern can be hit but it always displays 0 damage. If PvP is triggered after someone dies the dead player can't resurrect.

Just another day in Korthos. (Not my character)