Thread: exp event

Default exp event

couldn't you guys just create an NPC like the one on Vet-status ship that gets you up to lvl 20 and just put the NPC in the game when you're about to do the event?
    PS: Greensteel RUINED the game! and you all know it!
    less buffing, more nerfing!!!
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

It I a tst server that would be awesome!

hopefully not. not that i have anything agains exp as far as testing goes, but that ship npc leveling process is cumbersome to say in the least.

if exp was to be given by npc, make it plain exp and use normal training npc's instead. lot more easy and less prone to errors.
    Amazing, they actually managed to fix forum account post count and stuff without me bug reporting it!
    O.o there is hope out there yet!

Quote Originally Posted by little_me View Post
    hopefully not. not that i have anything agains exp as far as testing goes, but that ship npc leveling process is cumbersome to say in the least.

if exp was to be given by npc, make it plain exp and use normal training npc's instead. lot more easy and less prone to errors.
    a lot less effor to just modify one NPC and copy it rather than modify as many level training NPCs as we have wouldn't you say?
    to make it easier for those of you that wants to avoid me in game, all my characters are in "Bladesworn Mercenaries"

well, not really, no.

since i meant that new npc gives exp. not that current trainers would. but ultimately any solution works. especially for non-US people who might not be awake at event time. or who knows.. working? or at school?
    Amazing, they actually managed to fix forum account post count and stuff without me bug reporting it!
    O.o there is hope out there yet!

Quote Originally Posted by little_me View Post
    well, not really, no.

since i meant that new npc gives exp. not that current trainers would. but ultimately any solution works. especially for non-US people who might not be awake at event time. or who knows.. working? or at school?
    ah..
    you mean just create an NPC that maxes out your exp when you talk with him/her?
    i'm for it

How about instead of an instant level to 20, they do an XP bonus like they did for U7, this way there is atleast alittle playing of the class before you cap.

Quote Originally Posted by gyerv59 View Post
    How about instead of an instant level to 20, they do an XP bonus like they did for U7, this way there is atleast alittle playing of the class before you cap.
    the instant lvl 20 doesn't automatically give you all your class lvl ups
    just enough exp for you to get to lvl 20
    you can stop lvling at any given lvl that you want

They already said no to this many times. The purpose of Lammania is to try out the new mechanics/content, not play
    out build ideas ;-).

Where XP is required they tend to run live events (e.g. U9 Savants, there were several leveling sessions)

Quote Originally Posted by Arctigis View Post
    They already said no to this many times. The purpose of Lammania is to try out the new mechanics/content, not play
    out build ideas ;-).

Where XP is required they tend to run live events (e.g. U9 Savants, there were several leveling sessions)
    never said they keep the NPC in the whole time
    just to shove the NPC in when the lvl is needed to try out the new stuff

Community Member

I'm sure it's much easier for them to "give out" XP the way they do now, rather than have to go to the trouble of programming a specific NPC and all the problems that might occur if even something minor goes wrong, not to mention this keeps the divvying out of XP under their direct control, which I am sure they prefer.

Ah, but there are already NPC's that give out XP, "quest givers" :-P