Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Did it occur to anyone that the increase to Boss hp wasn't because of the "Challenge seekers" but more so because many are over geared or leveled for the content. Shroud, VoD, Hound, Abbot are lower raids, and between the gear and abilities and spells we have been making the content easier, and faster. You used to be lucky if you finished Pt 4 of Shroud in one round in a pug, now it takes half a round or less. So the devs did what they could to fix it.

This is how MMO's work. If your overlevel and overgeared, you have no one but yourself to blame when content is too easy. And if you don't like the blue bars drinking pots, don't party with them. Hope you like less buffs/heals though.

Karnasis (Human Wizard, Pale Master, Level 27), Taldall (Half-Orc, Monk- Perpetually abandoned)

Community Member

Sure fast mana potting is problematic. However, I think Shade's idea of limiting the max amount is more effective even if the numbers he gave seem a bit harsh^^

What I would actually like to see, is different kinds of mana pots. Instead of instafill, make them regen pots with well calculated increments so that it's still possible to run out of mana while using pots you get from at lvl q without even going full monty. no stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleep_Wurp View Post
    turbine gives us stuff and then they take it away.there is no balance because there is no true vision for the future.if you want a challenge sell your gear solo alone. you really sound like a fascist to me. its ok there a lot of them running around now since f2p.before people played this game because they loved dnd,now the new guys play because its free. pretty sad really. personally i bought this game after 4 days of the 7 day trial because it was the closest to pnp.

disclaimer:i did not call you a fascist.im just implying that you sound like one.have a great day
    Wow - not even 100 posts and somebody calls me Hitler!

That just means I won the argument, thanks!

Default instead of sp

maybe you guys should worry about this
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=334819
    like i said turbine gives and then it takes.i hate mmos because of the "online game play may change". if i didnt love this game and the people i have met id be gone like a fart in the wind.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaodon View Post
    Luckily, those rules included a DESIGN with flexibility in difficulty, called "Casual, Normal, Hard, Elite and Epic." If they didn't have that, then maybe I wouldn't be playing this game.
    You appear to be under the misimpression that Epic is a difficulty mode alongside Hard and Elite. It is understandable how the GUI presentation of the quest window could lead someone to think that, but for the purposes of game design that's not what it is.

But the fact is, DDO *is* a well-designed game, with flexibility for many play styles.
    There are many aspects of DDO's design that are flatly inferior. Ranged DPS is one of them, AC is kinda, and mana pots are definitely another.

Putting a universal cap on mana potions ASSUMES an elite player with unlimited mana pots who is brute-forcing quests, with NO CONSIDERATION to the casual player who logs on once/week with his guild of real-life friends, all of whom are over 40, have lousy twitch skills, are likely drinking beer and joking around, but yet who would love to play a fun video game and complete raids to get cool gear, who happen to have maybe, MAYBE, 50 mana pots, TOPS, on their character with no means to buy more (not much plat, and f2p, so not much TPs).
    Do you have any justification for that extreme claim?

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post

But we have what we have because of the limitations of the game engine. The AI is stupid, extremely stupid. In a few years as PCs and servers get faster we may be able to get AI that's smart enough to not need 500,000 HP to be a challenge. harry should take to the air and bombard with DLBs and meteor bukakee and kill off anything without evasion, why would he stand their and let melees kill him? The AI just isn't smart enough to do anything else.
    Then how would we meet our quota of complaining about gimp arcane archers not being worth a slot in a riad, hmmm?

Id love to see that.

It also never ceases to amaze me that the allmighty lord Suulomades knows one spell, and spams it like a 6 year old playing the nintendo version of track -n- field. Just once id like to see him fly up and cast a completely different spell each cast for the entire raid. Then stay airborne for a while until a certain amount of damage is inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    You appear to be under the misimpression that Epic is a difficulty mode alongside Hard and Elite. It is understandable how the GUI presentation of the quest window could lead someone to think that, but for the purposes of game design that's not what it is.
    Its certainly not what it has become, but the devs intended differently. Nowdays it more of a level progression than anything else. If you can beat amrath quests, you can play in epics.
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Default lol

Wow - not even 100 posts and somebody calls me Hitler!

That just means I won the argument, thanks!
    you know you have total illusions of grandeur.you won nothing. and winning a online argument is like winning the special olympics... im sure you know the rest.
    no one called you hitler but if the shoe fits.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Then how would we meet our quota of complaining about gimp arcane archers not being worth a slot in a riad, hmmm?

Id love to see that.

It also never ceases to amaze me that the allmighty lord Suulomades knows one spell, and spams it like a 6 year old playing the nintendo version of track -n- field. Just once id like to see him fly up and cast a completely different spell each cast for the entire raid. Then stay airborne for a while until a certain amount of damage is inflicted.
    Why would you NOT nuke the party from the air if you were a general from hell? Why would you even get your hands dirty?

Good will always triumph over evil because evil is dumb!

you know you have total illusions of grandeur.you won nothing. and winning a online argument is like winning the special olympics... im sure you know the rest.
    I think this is what hes referring to actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

There are many corollaries to Godwin's law, some considered more canonical (by being adopted by Godwin himself)[3] than others.[1] For example, there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress.[7

Grandeur has delusions of being me, get it right.

Two hitler call-outs by the same guy, can I get a third?

I use these examples because people do need to be careful of what they wish for, and how much they exagerate about the game being too easy or hard to get it. We see in the past where they have asked for a game change, the game gets changed, and theres just as much if not more complaining about the end result.
    Doesn't taking the argument completely out of context essentially shoot down *any* balance argument? ^_^

I point out:

"Hey, 16 int + 4 tome, plus all gear, plus best possible race selection can't hit these search DCs without going Mechanic II. Is it WAI that rogue PrEs be split this way?"

And you go into:

"Turbine dumped everything to a ridiculously low level, and it's your fault for complaining about the previously ridiculously high DCs!"

Wouldn't it have been possible for Turbine to have read the analysis and just tweaked the trap Search DCs down just a touch instead of dumping it entirely (assuming that's what they did)?

Do you really consider this a reasonable conclusion? Srsly?
    Last edited by SableShadow; 08-12-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    Brenna, Tzanna, and Tzinna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

I agree this is a much better idea than inflating bosses HP. AI improvement is certaintly challenging/fun.

Why would you NOT nuke the party from the air if you were a general from hell? Why would you even get your hands dirty?

For the same reason I cant fly above him and nuke him. Flying is hard, as only the stormreaver has mastered its intricacies
    Officer of Renowned

And by your arguments, so are people who use SP pots.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Default Another nerf thread

/not signed

I don't get nerf threads.
    They seem silly and whiny and destructive to the ddo community.
    When I see a "nerf x" thread, OPs almost always claim to have encountered an unforgivable lack of balance or lack of challenge.
    Upon review of the issue, however, more often than not the real problem is a lack of self-confidence, jealousy, or a fear that someone is losing imaginary status in an imaginary world.
    I do not care, one bit, how someone else enjoys this game or does their job in a raid - just get it done.
    If their play style affects my enjoyment (which is extremely rare), then I will group with someone else - no big deal.
    I have a low opinion of people who want to dictate how other players and other classes should be allowed to play the game.
    If you are the leader, and you don't want "overpowered" casters using sp pots in your group - just put it in then LFM.
    If you feel like melee are overpowered because they can drink pots to recover hp, put up a NO POT HJEALS!! LFM.
    Silly? Yeah - just like nerf threads - but do whatever you want in your LFM.
    But don't try introduce a game dynamic affecting everyone just to accommodate your personal pet peeves.

Default wow

you are special arnt you?.

Quote Originally Posted by B0ltdrag0n View Post
    For the same reason I cant fly above him and nuke him. Flying is hard, as only the stormreaver has mastered its intricacies
    So why doesn't the STORMREAVER take to the air and spam us with 500 point disintegrates?

<sigh> You're not Hitler.
    Not even close.

Hitler for all his many faults, managed to keep his hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Khurse View Post
    <sigh> You're not Hitler.
    Not even close.

Hitler for all his many faults, managed to keep his hair.
    But I have a much better tan . . .

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast