Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Khurse View Post
    Yes, but the result is still the same, the boss will spend (most) of the raid trying to beat down one guy he can (usually) barely hit while ignoring the fact that his backside is sitting in a blender.

I don't know that I have an answer without a complete reworking of the combat mechanics, but (to me anyway) arguing that putting an SP limiter into the game will somehow make it challenging or about tactics is a flawed argument.

I would like to see things scaled to a degree where you have to be a well coordinated ,well geared,well played party to stand a chance at completing an elite run. But given how combat works, and the (relatively) huge DPS a decently build and geared melee can dish out, claiming that limiting the SPs of a Caster is a weak argument.

Yep, this....

As has been said in a different thread. maddmatt70 runs E-DQ without the pile up method... If things have gotten to easy for some, then run them with limitations on your group.. Elite ToD to easy? Try takign out all the portals and killing Suulo, try it without ANY greensteel, or without any epic gear, or with only first life toons... No capped toons...

On and on...

Designing the game around the skills or playstyles of a VERY small % of the player population is a loosing stratagy, it's not good business. Just as when Epic first came out, ya they WERE much harder than they are now, and .1% of the population ran them... And yet at the time of design and implementation they accoutned for a much higher % of the development budget... So they adjusted them several times, still nt enough people running them.. Not enough player game hours being accounted for... OK, lets make some far easier epics such as the House D's and P's... OK, that helped... Much more popular... Although they still have MAJOR issues IMO of how to balance the power of the items from the various Epics.....

My overall point stays the same, while applying such mimitations may sound like a great idea to a couple people, and personally I could careless either way... It's a horrible idea for the game as a whole, and really wouldn't address whatever the issue it is they want to address..... Wait what was that again? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LazyTigerLily View Post
    Hmmm, while we are at it why not suggest the same for curative pots, wands and heal scrolls, I mean talk about a crutch! A cure critical pot should have a 10 minute cool down! Where is the strategy in letting yourself get hit by the foe you are attempting to take out? These HP aids make it so that people can run quests that are intended for 6 people, alone! Imagine that, one person doing what is supposed to be accomplished by 6 or 12 even! That is NOT how the game is intended to be played. Each quest should be run by a balanced party and include 1 healer for a regular quest and 2 for a raid. In said party each person should play exactly the role prescribed by their class, since anything else would be less of a challenge.

Also, Divine Vitality should totally be removed so that clerics can't add to the mana pool. To be able to give mana at no cost is cheating!

Also, I have seen no mention of what you think should be the pot timer for epic quests, what you think, 5, 10 minutes maybe? Or heck make them a REAL challenge, why not no pots in epic quests?

Your argument is beyond stupid, stop posting.

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    Your argument is beyond stupid, stop posting.
    Your just T'd off because he is mocking your argument, one that is so weak that it really does shine the light on the foolishness of the one you are making yourself.

If you cant take the heat, don't try to put the bun in the oven.

And what ever comes out, i sure as heck am not eating.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    By our metrics you guys (forum folk) are less than 5% of the population. Bug reports come from 100% of the population.
    Master of the Tower
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=203205

Actually - in recent months the last time we had a pot used in an Elite ToD was when the FvS got hit by a meteor swarm and 5 SP pots got destroyed. But we've kinda made a religion out of Tower of Despair so we're probably the exception and not the rule.

When we were first learning ToD we did got through countless pots, not going to pretend we didn't. but this was also back in the day when you could lag out the kiter and all heck would break lose.
    You sir have to sit down and figure yourself out because you quite frankly are a walking contradiction lol. Just keep posting I have the popcorn handy.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    You sir have to sit down and figure yourself out because you quite frankly are a walking contradiction lol. Just keep posting I have the popcorn handy.
    Nah, I prefer hypocrit.

I'm honestly shocked this thread has gone on this long with all the other side shows going on this weekend.

Give them a 1 minute cooldownin hard, 3 minute in elite. This will force people to develop real strategies for handling the tougher content and not just brute-forcing our way through things.
    Or... perhaps they could create a checkbox that would allow you to nerf them just for you...
    Jonalicia,20th Assassin Jonndar, 20th Assassin Jonitillus, 20th Assassin TR1 Jonnor, 20th Exploiter Jonfar,20th Pale Master TR2 Jonatron, 20th Pale Master Jonitillius, 20th Assassin Jonnbar,20th Assassin Fine Antique Leg Wear Night of the Devourer Unofficial STR-based Rogue Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Ookami007 View Post
    Or... perhaps they could create a checkbox that would allow you to nerf them just for you...
    Nah, the point of the forum is to try impose my will on you.

Kneel before Junk

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910