Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Community Member

i didnt see anything about artificers becoming constructs... just able to use repair spells on themselves with a penalty. which means you cant use the ally/self construct only buffs on yourself. or did i miss something?

i hope you can become considered one though i like the construct only barkskin and DR spell.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by somerecluse View Post
    i didnt see anything about artificers becoming constructs... just able to use repair spells on themselves with a penalty. which means you cant use the ally/self construct only buffs on yourself. or did i miss something?

i hope you can become considered one though i like the construct only barkskin and DR spell.
    I think your transformation probably begins with that Feat...and continues with a PrE...

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rimble View Post
    Aside from the Insightful Damage spell disappearing (it better come back)...this doesn't blow a 7 Artificer / 7 Rogue / 6 Deepwood Sniper build out of the water yet...probably eventually ditch the Ranger levels for more Artificer when Battle Engineer II is available...and of course ditch Rogue if Battle Engineer III is nice...

Or of course 14 Artificer / 6 Rogue if you want to keep things a little more simple and be a little more casty.

I love the Damage Boost line...I was set on having to be a Human for it...but with the bonus Feats being usable on Ranged Feats, and getting Damage Boost innately (at least up to III if I stop at Arti 7), I can consider other races...Drow maybe?!

(looking at a Repeater focused character here)
    I'm still pretty set on human despite having extra feats Arty is a feat starved class they need both the full repeater line which is 6 feats (PS,IPS, IC:Ranged, RR, RS,PBS) than the caster abilities (Maximize,Empower,Extend) and any arty specific feats like Construct Essence which is essential to any non-forged (actually I'm curious what it would do on warforged) also you'll prob want Augment summoning for your dog.

As far as a Arty/Rogue I'd probably go either 13A/7R or 12A/7R/1M.

Oh and OMG this is awesome

Action Boost: Endless Fusillade
    You may activate this ability to enchant your crossbow to instantly reload itself for six seconds.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 08-17-2011 at 01:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

I will be trying a 12/6/2 bard arty something, or maybe a 12/8 bard arty, or 14/6 bard arty. Or a 13/6/1 bard, arty, fighter or monk... Dunno, have to see what it will give.

I thought about 12-14 Art/6 Rog (Mechanic)/ 0-2 something (monk for additional feats and good saves)
    simple idea Max Int and use Insightfull strike and dmg bonuss to Mechanic. New PBS is quite potent and it should hold himself DPS wise. also some spells gona have nice DCs.

On the other hand loosing capstone is not nice (but you wont need to carry all these scrolls), also you will loose BB (quite important spell for class with high DC).

This class is too tasty to loose it...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    I'm still pretty set on human despite having extra feats Arty is a feat starved class they need both the full repeater line which is 6 feats (PS,IPS, IC:Ranged, RR, RS,PBS) than the caster abilities (Maximize,Empower,Extend) and any arty specific feats like Construct Essence which is essential to any non-forged (actually I'm curious what it would do on warforged) also you'll prob want Augment summoning for your dog.

As far as a Arty/Rogue I'd probably go either 13A/7R or 12A/7R/1M.

Oh and OMG this is awesome

Action Boost: Endless Fusillade
    You may activate this ability to enchant your crossbow to instantly reload itself for six seconds.
    Yeah, actually...I realized this at lunch...activating Endless Fusillade probably puts Artificer Action Boosts on cooldown...so it's still worth it to be Human to fire off HV and then Endless Fusillade.

Also, I think you overlooked that they get Rapid Reload for free at 1st level. Wheee!

And we still need to see Insightful Damage show up again...hopefully it was just accidentally omitted from the release notes...

Quote Originally Posted by rimble View Post
    Also, I think you overlooked that they get Rapid Reload for free at 1st level. Wheee!
    Indeed I did...Thanks.

Artificer Uncaring Master I: You no longer take damage or lose spell points when your Iron Defender dies.
    That's mean
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 08-17-2011 at 02:26 PM.
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

FYI, for those who want spells - be careful multiclassing.

I'm at 18 Artificer / 2 Rogue, thinking a mere 2 level splash for Evasion + Insightful Reflexes would be a good combo (i.e. the old Wiz/Rog combo).
    It left me with *2* level 6 spell slots. That's it.

Blade Barrier, Reconstruction. Done.
    That's a heavy price to pay, considering level 6 spells are pretty juicy.

Deadly Weapons, Tactical Detonation, Blade Barrier, Reconstruction, Deconstruction, etc....and I can only cast 2 at any given time.

So, yeah - just a heads up for those who want their toys but are thinking of doing a deep splash.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerendil View Post
    FYI, for those who want spells - be careful multiclassing.

I'm at 18 Artificer / 2 Rogue, thinking a mere 2 level splash for Evasion + Insightful Reflexes would be a good combo (i.e. the old Wiz/Rog combo).
    It left me with *2* level 6 spell slots. That's it.

Blade Barrier, Reconstruction. Done.
    That's a heavy price to pay, considering level 6 spells are pretty juicy.

Deadly Weapons, Tactical Detonation, Blade Barrier, Reconstruction, Deconstruction, etc....and I can only cast 2 at any given time.

So, yeah - just a heads up for those who want their toys but are thinking of doing a deep splash.
    It should be 4...probably a bug.

1 lvl of artificer brings 2 feats :
    - repeater proficiency
    - rapid reload

I see no reason to splash a rogue level anymore.
    A ranger (18) / fighter or monk (1) /arti (1) seems much better for ranged combat.

Quote Originally Posted by aerendhil View Post
    1 lvl of artificer brings 2 feats :
    - repeater proficiency
    - rapid reload

I see no reason to splash a rogue level anymore.
    A ranger (18) / fighter or monk (1) /arti (1) seems much better for ranged combat.
    Rogues will still be the splash class of choice for many builds because of evasion @ 2 and the extra skill points.

Stuff you might see...

Fighter 2 Artificer 18 - If you go melee with them, probably WF with a focus on toughness, Str/Int/Con. Good for solo, can support at end game.

Rogue/Monk 2 Splash for evasion. Toughness feats for Monk, Sneak and select enhancements for rogue. Trapping without evasion is painful on a base 6hp character.

Rogue 6 for Mechanic 1... but at this point should you really focus on Arty or just splash it for the feats at level 1?

Ranger 2 Arty 18 w Elf or Helf, Now you have Fillsade and Manyshot and can go bows or Xbows swapping. I'd take some quick draw here.
    Former Host of DDOcast
    Member of The Madborn of Thelanis
    Streaming sometimes on twitch as SigTrent

Quote Originally Posted by sigtrent View Post
    Stuff you might see...

Fighter 2 Artificer 18 - If you go melee with them, probably WF with a focus on toughness, Str/Int/Con. Good for solo, can support at end game.
    No comment here melee's have never really been my thing :P

Rogue/Monk 2 Splash for evasion. Toughness feats for Monk, Sneak and select enhancements for rogue. Trapping without evasion is painful on a base 6hp character.
    Likely Monk for the feats (even if its just dual toughness) and possibly AC...the main reason to take rogue or monk is trap skills and UMD which Arties already get those unless the extra skill points are REALLY needed.

Rogue 6 for Mechanic 1... but at this point should you really focus on Arty or just splash it for the feats at level 1?
    Thinking...18/2 R/A Tier 3 mech enabled and can use rune arms or 13A/6R/1M

Ranger 2 Arty 18 w Elf or Helf, Now you have Fillsade and Manyshot and can go bows or Xbows swapping. I'd take some quick draw here.
    Lol you need some serious reaction time and finger dexterity to handle that but if you can it would be quite powerful.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 08-20-2011 at 06:42 PM.

I still think that Artificers will be much better off going pure, with the possible exception of a rogue 13 / arty 7 repeater build.

Quote Originally Posted by Calebro View Post
    I still think that Artificers will be much better off going pure, with the possible exception of a rogue 13 / arty 7 repeater build.
    This is a valid opinion and probably a correc t one...actually if the pure version wasn't powerful in its own right that would be a bad thing BUT this is the artificer MULTI-classing thread thus not a place for pure class discussion.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567