Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

18 Art / 2 Wiz / 2 Fighter

Extra feats x2 + extra fighter toughness

Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    18 Art / 2 Wiz / 2 Fighter

Extra feats x2 + extra fighter toughness
    Yer i want a lvl 22 as well
    -Stealth RULEZ- A compilation -Favor 101- "How-to" unlock the game -Boycott the changes- combat changes stink
    You say you want your $$ back, i d g a f about the $$. I want my GAME back..

maybe a bastard sword kensei considering it gets glancing blows with the rune arm equipped^^
    Cannith - Juzam, Fighter 8 Ranger 6 Monk 6 AA/ Orocarn, Wraith 12 Stalwart Defender 6 Rogue 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Alleanza degli Uomini Liberi/Guardiani di Eberron

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FengXian View Post
    maybe a bastard sword kensei considering it gets glancing blows with the rune arm equipped^^
    D-Axes and B-Swords get glancing blows when a SHIELD is equipped the rune arm is an off-hand weapon....either that or a trinket that goes in the off-hand slot (the crafting machine considers it a trinket)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    D-Axes and B-Swords get glancing blows when a SHIELD is equipped the rune arm is an off-hand weapon....either that or a trinket that goes in the off-hand slot (the crafting machine considers it a trinket)
    Actually, they get glancing blows whenever you do not have a second weapon in the off hand. Runearms do not count as a weapon, so glancing blows apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Only if they want that particular rune arm. There are more scattered throughout the game. They equip to the off-hand, but permit crossbow use.

Seems like they're really trying to move Artificers to always use crossbows and rune arms though.
    There was also an interesting build that they came up with that uses a bastard sword or dwarven waraxe, getting the most benefit from the runearm imbue. I liked it enough that it's going to be one of their paths.
    from the wiki:
    Update 5: Bastard Swords when wielded as a Single Weapon or Sword and Shield will now produce Glancing blows on enemies around wielder. The glancing blows are increased by Two Handed Fighting feat chain and enhancements that increase the effectiveness of them.
    Last edited by Calebro; 08-14-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Actually, D-Axes and B-Sword get glancing blows when an off-hand weapon is not equipped, which is quite different.

Rune Arm says "Equips to: Rune Arm" not "Equips to: Main Hand, Off Hand"

Anyone tested it yet?

EDIT: lol ninjaed.

And it makes sense, I don't think it's a coincidence that Artificers get B-Swords after all...^^ Epic Chimera Fang builds incoming lol
    Last edited by FengXian; 08-14-2011 at 08:15 AM.
    Cannith - Juzam, Fighter 8 Ranger 6 Monk 6 AA/ Orocarn, Wraith 12 Stalwart Defender 6 Rogue 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Alleanza degli Uomini Liberi/Guardiani di Eberron

Anyone tested it yet?
    There's no way to test it yet because you need a level of Arty to equip one.
    Well, actually you need the Feat: Artificer Rune Arm Use (or some such), but it amounts to the same thing. Need to be an Arty.
    We'll have to wait for the Arty preview to hit Lama.

Community Member Symar-FangofLloth's Avatar

Yet one of the devs said that a BSword/DAxe build was one of their paths thanks to glancing blows... and you get them with nothing in the offhand as well, not just a shield.

The runecannons are just some thingamabob that goes in the offhand without being a weapon.

I was thinking about an 18whatever/1somethingelse/1Artificer, using either BSwords or DAxes, but your runecannon charge attacks will totally suck and you'll just be a little dps over a sword and board, but without any benefits of the shield (Shield Mastery, for example).
    And the feats you'd save on TWF you might want to put into THF to help your glancing blows.

Probably best as either 20art or 18art/2fighter or something along those lines. 17art/2rog/1fig maybe.
    Former Xoriat-er. Embrace the Madness.

Right right, we got runearms but can't equip them yet, my bad... Artificers are supposed to be brought in with monday maintenance aren't they?

Right right, we got runearms but can't equip them yet, my bad... Artificers are supposed to be brought in with monday maintenance aren't they?
    I believe that's speculation. They haven't said one way or another that I've seen.
    To me the key word is Maintenance. They didn't say Update, they said Maintenance. And it's happening on the live servers, so it probably really is just maintenance.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by KajaGrae View Post
    They should just give Arti's Mechanic as a PrE. Then, who needs to multiclass. Unless you want evasion. Win.
    I bet there will be a repeater focused PRE for Artificers. Or at the very least, a trap-using PRE.

I really can't wait to see Artificer with all it's abilities.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Calebro View Post
    I believe that's speculation.
    No!

To me the key word is Maintenance. They didn't say Update, they said Maintenance. And it's happening on the live servers, so it probably really is just maintenance.
    Yes!

Maintenance is Maintenance! Every month on the Monday after the second Tuesday of each month, the DDO servers have gone down for "maintenance" for years now.

What's so significant about the second Tuesday of each month you ask???

Windows Updates are released that day. The monthly maintenances of the DDO servers are to apply Windows Updates. They may also do other stuff like adjusting paging files, add or replace memory or drive space, or other other typical server maintenance stuff. Updates to the game are called updates or hot fixes and when those are being performed, the Moderation team usually says "down for an update to the game" or "down for a hotfix."
    Last edited by NeutronStar; 08-14-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

In response to when we'll see Artificers.

It's likely that there needs to be actual update to the Lamannia sever before Artificers are fit for public viewing. We can see some of this with the bugged affect of switching races of the artificer class. So, don't expect any artificers till they say "Lamannia will be brought down for a new version of Update 11".

Takai-

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Neouni View Post
    Let's asume we get the bonus feats like ebberon pnp 3.5 artificers get.

Cleric\FVS gets BB at level 11
    Artificer gets BB at level 15, but by them has aquired 4 magic based bonus feats, allowing them to maximize & empower the BB probably without taking any penalty in their party role.
    I would mention apparently the Artificer appears to need a feat for each fusion spell type. If this class is not f2p then it will be possibly overpowered but not as you mention being that a caster cleric has enough feat slots for empower without any penalty to healing.
    **********KNIGHTSOFSHADOW ***********
    CUDGOCleric 16/ Fighter 2 TR2 AXEFISTBarbarian 20
    CELESTERAFvS 20 FEYNASorc 17 CUDGERogue 17

Quote Originally Posted by coldin View Post
    in Response To When We'll See Artificers.

It's Likely That There Needs To Be Actual Update To The Lamannia Sever Before Artificers Are Fit For Public Viewing. We Can See Some Of This With The Bugged Affect Of Switching Races Of The Artificer Class. So, Don't Expect Any Artificers Till They Say "lamannia Will Be Brought Down For A New Version Of Update 11".
    Agreed.

Community Member

Can your x-bow clear an entire room full of mobs from red alert in a matter of seconds?
    Blade Barrier can.
    That's like saying why have a melee toon when you can have BB. Come on man Im sure you are better than to use an argument like that.

I don't care how cool you can make your x-bow, Blade Barrier is still better, so giving up BB to make your x-bow a little cooler is a huge mistake.
    Not if you already have a cleric and fvs using bb and don't want to go down that route again. Not if your build does dps more like an fvs with an archon but using a more powerful pet and buffs along with a xbow to achieve that.
    **********KNIGHTSOFSHADOW ***********
    CUDGOCleric 16/ Fighter 2 TR2 AXEFISTBarbarian 20
    CELESTERAFvS 20 FEYNASorc 17 CUDGERogue 17

Quote Originally Posted by joneb1999 View Post
    That's like saying why have a melee toon when you can have BB. Come on man Im sure you are better than to use an argument like that.

Not if you already have a cleric and fvs using bb and don't want to go down that route again. Not if your build does dps more like an fvs with an archon but using a more powerful pet and buffs along with a xbow to achieve that.
    Good argument, +1
    -Stealth RULEZ- A compilation -Favor 101- "How-to" unlock the game -Boycott the changes- combat changes stink
    You say you want your $$ back, i d g a f about the $$. I want my GAME back..

Community Member

Well I would really want to see the actual DDO stats before making up my mind.

I would not want to give away BB so at least 15 levels of Arty. That does not leave a lot of room to maneuver. Monk 2 splash would propable be my choise especially if I went the Bsword/D-axe route instead of xbows. That would also give evasion and would grab insightfull reflexes.

What I am hoping is that art could get some construct traits so even the puny fleshies could heal themselves. WF looks too tempting if not...just dont personally like to play as one.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    So, don't expect any artificers till they say "Lamannia will be brought down for a new version of Update 11".
    You mean like this :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Sorry, it's been a busy morning! Everything should be fine on the live servers. Lammania will remain offline until Wednesday as we prepare for Wednesday's preview event. Stay tuned for details!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

You mean like this :P
    A bit like that, yes. They are still being non-committal though, and they didn't say anything about an update.

Takai-

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast