Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default WF Artificer Images

Just a few images of what a Warforged Artificer would look like, as well as some other stuff.

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/9053/wfarti.jpg

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2972/descriptionsm.jpg
    Last edited by Vinven; 08-11-2011 at 03:14 AM.

Hero

I want one.

I wonder if you level on the test realm, if you could take a level of the class.

the thing that confuses me is that an artificer, which uses primarily crossbows according to the text (well, that and rune arms), can value dex so little that it recommends an 8. seriously? do they not realise you need a *19* dex in order to get the feats that actually make ranged DPS not suck royally? do they not realise you need a 13 dex to get even the most basic ranged feats? do they not realise that dexterity is your roll to hit? (note: even if the artificer uses dex to hit, it *still* needs those ranged feats to be even semi-effective ranged DPS).

dex of 8 for a class that is primarily intended to use ranged combat, and will require improved precise shot to be useful in ranged combat, is just setting yourself up for crushing disappointment.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

I'm curious why it starts with dex 8.....he won't be hitting ANYTHING with his xbows nor will he have the stats to get the proper ranged feats not that I'm complaining about 18 Con just wondering if Artificers have a ability that makes xbows, rune arms and ranged feat pre-reqs use Int.

Edit: Lol ninja'd by Jaid

Anyways this is what I gather from the info given so far (This is not confirmed stuff just everything i've pick up most is just speculation)

- Artificers are primarily a ranged class but their is a possibility to use melee weapons (apprently one of the pre-made lines will use bastard sword)

- They will likely use Repeaters aka Rapid-Fire Xbows. (Still not sure how he can wield any xbow one handed)

- They get a mix of divine and arcane spells but only up to Lvl 6 similar to red mage (Final Fantasy) or Bard (DDO)

- They have their own spells as well...enchantments that are cast on equipment and is immune to dispels ie. beholders

- They have a pet that levels with them

- Their rune arm is primarily to enchant their main hand weapon but has some sort of charge ability (mega man style??)

- They have access to Concentration, Trapskills & UMD as class skills but only have 4+Int Mod Skill points per level (like barbarian)

- D6 Hit die...not the lowest at least.

- They get bonus feats similar to wizard

- Can apply Metamagics to scrolls and wands

- Will probably have the stronger version of wand mastery (like bards)
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 08-11-2011 at 04:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Win...provided you take the Addy body!
    Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
    Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor Barb 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 15 - Splatsplat DoS 18/2
    Quote Originally Posted by Auran82 View Post
    Numot talks enough for like 10 people. So yeah, 13 people in that channel.

I imagine most would value Int, Dex, and probably Cha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    do they not realise you need a *19* dex in order to get the feats that actually make ranged DPS not suck royally?
    I think this is what amuses me the most about all this discussion towards crossbows. People seem to be of the mistaken belief that it is good DPS. In all the times I've run with crossbow users, not a single one of them stood out as a decent player. The worst I've run into so far, had to run to House Deneith after every single quest because he couldn't carry enough bolts.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    The Band of Gypsys

Quote Originally Posted by Vinven View Post
    I imagine most would value Int, Dex, with a healthy side of Con
    Fixed. :P

Too bad we don't have an int boosting race yet....oh well Human or Half-Elf it is.

Lesser Tiefling (+2 Int +2 Dex -2 Cha), Lesser Air Genasi (+2 Dex +2 Int -2 Wis -2 Cha) or Tinker Gnomes (+2 Dex +2 Int -2 Str -2 Wis) would be great for this :P

Maybe even Tiefling AND Aasimar...call it the Planetouched Bundle
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    I think this is what amuses me the most about all this discussion towards crossbows. People seem to be of the mistaken belief that it is good DPS. In all the times I've run with crossbow users, not a single one of them stood out as a decent player. The worst I've run into so far, had to run to House Deneith after every single quest because he couldn't carry enough bolts.
    oh, it *is* good DPS... *if* you're hitting several mobs at once with IPS. it's adequate for individual trash mobs, not particularly great at all for bosses, but if you get a group of trash mobs, the DPS of a good ranged build goes crazy because they're dealing their full DPS to several targets.

of course, it should be noted that, as i pointed out just now, your single-target DPS will be lacking. but then again... the average pug melee dual-wielding khopeshes will also likely be lacking in single-target DPS, you just can't automatically tell that it's pathetic until you watch them try to kill a webbed mob and fail to kill it before the web runs out 30 seconds later (and yes, i've actually watched that happen before. in fact, it was *two* melees trying to kill the mob... and yes, it was one of the most pathetic things i've ever watched).

/missing the point mode

Yes indeed, I do agree with you that stack sizes need to be a lot higher in all quivers.

/end missing the point mode
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Too bad we don't have an int boosting race yet....oh well Human or Half-Elf it is.
    Drow...?

Quote Originally Posted by coolpenguin410 View Post
    Drow...?
    +1 over human/helf isn't worth -3 con.

Drow...?
    Drow are a dex race they do get an initial boost to both int and cha but due to a lack of enhancements to further increase them a human or half elf can math that and do so without the penalty to Con and an extra 4 build points.

I personally think Drow should have access to 32pt but you can choose which boost you want ie -2 Con than chose +2 Cha, Int or Dex and be able to choose those enhancements or if the coding for that is not worth it (or thats deemed OP)...just make them -2 Con, +2 Cha (Non-Retroactive)

Also what Truga said.

Lesser Tiefling, Lesser Air Genasi, Tinker Gnomes
    Lesser Tieflings are from Forgotten Realms. Tinker Gnomes are from Dragonlance.

How about we use Eberron races for Artificer, such as Shifter, Changeling, Kalashtar or Warforged?
    Quote Originally Posted by havokiano View Post
    you are boring. And you rosik a lot. bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by suitepotato View Post
    With the amount of facepalming we do, it's a wonder DDO players have any noses left.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_Peace View Post
    Lesser Tieflings are from Forgotten Realms. Tinker Gnomes are from Dragonlance.

How about we use Eberron races for Artificer, such as Shifter, Changeling, Kalashtar or Warforged?
    Shifter: +2 Dex -2 Int -2 Cha

Changeling: No Mod

Kalashtar: No Mod

Warforged: +2 Con -2 Wis/Cha

Nope none of those seem to help although you do get points for Warforged Artificer....I dunno if that's an abomination or a saint.

There's no rules that say non-ebberon specific races can't be used in the ebberon setting besides Stromreach tends to get in alot of refugee's and I've seen plenty of Tieflings in DDO and with Cannith coming we should see plenty of gnomes and its an oft requested race....regular gnomes get +2 Con, -2 Str...not very useful to well anyone.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 08-11-2011 at 05:08 AM.

Community Member dennison_brillo's Avatar

Fixed. :P

Lesser Tiefling (+2 Int +2 Dex -2 Cha), Lesser Air Genasi (+2 Dex +2 Int -2 Wis -2 Cha) or Tinker Gnomes (+2 Dex +2 Int -2 Str -2 Wis) would be great for this :P

Maybe even Tiefling AND Aasimar...call it the Planetouched Bundle
    drow +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma, -2 Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by dennison_brillo View Post
    drow +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma, -2 Constitution
    I'm not typing this out again so I just quoted the posts you didn't read...just for you

Drow...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Truga View Post
    +1 over human/helf isn't worth -3 con.
    Drow are a dex race they do get an initial boost to both int and cha but due to a lack of enhancements to further increase them a human or half elf can math that and do so without the penalty to Con and an extra 4 build points.

I personally think Drow should have access to 32pt but you can choose which boost you want ie -2 Con than chose +2 Cha, Int or Dex and be able to choose those enhancements or if the coding for that is not worth it (or thats deemed OP)...just make them -2 Con, +2 Cha (Non-Retroactive)

Also what Truga said.

I'm not typing this out again so I just quoted the posts you didn't read...just for you
    Frankly, drow is a good choice:
    16 dex +2 enhancements for hitting with a crossbow (and possibly the handcannon?)
    16 int for casting level 6 spells
    16 cha for umd (if artificers are anything like pnp they'll need this, and need it bad)
    14 con = total of 28 points
    dump str and wis.

Not too bad, but will need a str item to defend against ray of enfeeblement and carry all their gear at end-game. I'm still rolling a WF though :P

Since Artificers can summon bolts, as a level 1 spell, i doubt they can ever really run out with echoes of power.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast