Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatneil View Post
    Perhaps a str based instead of dex.
    I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this, but, one of the rune arms gives prof: bastard sword.
    See the post before yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    I'd don't see what your asking/confused about here...all ranged weapons already use dex for to-hit and since Artificers are presumably Dex/Int class they already have to-hit covered and can use Insightful damage to add Int as a damage stat. Not sure why you think you'd need Str...Unless you've fallen for the propaganda from the melees that ALL ranged combatants should waste build points, feats,etc. on melee stuff. In which cause get that out of you head kk
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 08-11-2011 at 12:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

I would assume that they do not as you need the "Magical Training" feat to have Echoes of Power.

Only the full 9 level casters get that (Wiz, Sorc, FvS, Cleric). Bards do not and since Artificers have the same spell progression as Bards I would guess they don't get it either.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arovin View Post
    I would assume that they do not as you need the "Magical Training" feat to have Echoes of Power.

Only the full 9 level casters get that (Wiz, Sorc, FvS, Cleric). Bards do not and since Artificers have the same spell progression as Bards I would guess they don't get it either.
    Yeah probably not and if they do they should probably give it to at least bards as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Seriously xbows? even if the devs wanted me to run with xbows... I wouldnt... not even for free TP points!!!!!

If they think an artificer should use a xbow, well then thats their opinion but until ranged is fixed I would never ever... (even more after what looks like a nerf in u11 to xbows)
    Khyber: Pinel / Laerak / Sibeli / Kaeral / Gilmara - Crafter

The Hatchery

Well, the character generator has the sample toons wielding less than ideal weapons all the time.

iirc, Arcanes have staffs, even though two weapons are better.

An AC focused Artificer is looking promising.

Quote Originally Posted by nicro View Post
    An AC focused Artificer is looking promising.
    err.... what?

have you been looking at a different artificer than me or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Neouni View Post
    Since Artificers can summon bolts, as a level 1 spell, i doubt they can ever really run out with echoes of power.
    I doubt they'll have echoes of power. Just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

Default repeater int based damage Halfling rogue

10d6 SA + 4d6 Capstone + 2d8 GS Heavy Repeater lit2 + 1d8 shocking 2d6 Holy +13 Int modifier +20 Sneak Attack Enhancements +5
    +8 Tharne's Goggles....meaning you can reach around 16d6+3d8+41 damage per bolt with SA

if my math is right not adding ship or barb or other random party buffs then a heavy repeater rogue halfling
    damage per bolt with SA = min65-max166 not including crit chance or X2 modifier or anything thing else in feats
    lit2 proc ship buffs just base capped halfling rogue int based mech rogue
    Last edited by banikouba; 08-12-2011 at 10:17 AM.
    "Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic." - Frank Herbert

Community Member EustaceTrevelyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordArkan View Post
    Er.. am I missing something with Insightful Strikes/Insightful Damage?

You can't have them both at the same time... So Insightful Strikes would work for a crossbow, but I'm not sure of the purpose for Insightful Damage in any situation-- as discussed, crossbows don't have a damage stat, and any other weapon will still require Strength for its attack rolls, so what is the point of this spell? Weapon Finessing Artificers?
    Well, as discussed there's an awful lot of strength buffs, and items with to-hit boni, and with an accuracy guild xtal weapon and guild bonus, you could hit something and use int for dmg, but at that point it might not be higher, lol

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatneil View Post
    Perhaps a str based instead of dex.
    I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this, but, one of the rune arms gives prof: bastard sword.
    I think the intent, from the current known spell descriptors, is that artificers can use 1h melee + rune arm or a crossbow (r. xbow preferrably) + rune arm. Since repeaters require proficiency i'm guessing that they are being given it for free as ranged is already tight to build towards without taking repeater proficiency.

I would think that players will be able to chose 1h melee + rune arm or crossbow + rune arm quite effectively with artificers and have options this way. Maybe even getting prestige lines that focus on one or the other?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinven View Post
    I imagine most would value Int, Dex, and probably Cha.
    Did you just say Drow?

Dogan
    DROW!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123