Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Agree completely.

Take it away please!
    I'm actually very curious to see it in-game though. I want to see for myself what the averages realy are. And compare that to the number of deaths.

Not to exclude people, but to actually educate myself on how important what numbers are in what situations.
    I gave up a life of farming to become an Adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Quote Originally Posted by Solmage View Post
    Sorry, but the other people in the group also have a right to have their game time respected, and if it is important for them to not play with gimps, then they'll boot you as soon as you join, not 20 minutes after, and you likely didn't want to play with such "elitist snobs" anyway, so everyone wins and you only loose ~2 seconds of your time.)
    You are absolutely correct that their game time should be respected, however, HP do not tell the whole story of gimpdom. My guess is that this feature (when used at all) will be abused by the e-peen challenged.

I suppose that I am being selfish in all this, as once this goes live I will have to start dropping from groups that abuse this feature, whereas before I could have run with them in blissful ignorance...

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude View Post
    Exactly. There are more ways to keep from dying than massive hitpoints. When I'm on my sorcerer, my battle strategy is to take zero damage. I pick my targets carefully. I use a target order: casters, ranged, melee. If they can fight back, I kite. If they can't be kited I CC. If they can't be CC'd I nuke. To me, a sorcerer's survivability stems from their ability to avoid damage, not sustain it. In that regard, a sorcerer is very well equipped: Displacement, stone skin, elemental damage reduction, elemental damage nullification, haste, jump, false life, and a myriad of CC spells more than make up for a shallow hit point pool.

You have to catch me first! Muwahahahaha!
    A fully buffed arcane is not squishy...reguardless of HP IMO.

Plus they have spells that can stop armies. With good CC you don't take damage. So HP are meaningless.

But.....
    While taking zero damage is also my goal, it doesn't always work that way.

A certain aount of HP is needed as a last resort.

Plus occasionally, you have to play like the other party members ask you to, and for some reason everyone else in the game seems to think that it makes sense to stand still and get beat up by the biggest monsters in the game....while someone else spams mass heals on you.

When you play like everyone else, it helps to have the same kinds of HP as everyone else....cause you are preventing from using your usual tactics to limit incoming damage.
    I gave up a life of farming to become an Adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Default silly

This thread jumps the shark badly. There is this bizarre misconception of elites vs noobs that barely exist... Let me illustrate: elitists have their own guilds and private channels to go with "black lists" and friends lists. By the time a lfm gets to the point of taking truely unknown players the elitist group leader is likely taking 1 or two unknowns. The most common type of elitist behavior is non inclusion, the more accurate a profile that is available the greater the possibility of inclusion of an unknown player. And again if you think in terms of "the elitists are x" rather that sending a party leader a tell and having a polite "im umdergeared but I will follow directions or my build is sub optimal but if tehres a spot I am a competent player" the odds are you arent on the guest list anyways so the shown hp's arent an issue to begin with.
    Ulyssus, Traeci, Cateleno, Diocletianvs, Antonivs, MarcusJunius
    HellaPro Cannith

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678