Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by junta74 View Post
    Spell Resistance: No
    Deals 4 to 6 damage per caster level (up to a max
    of 80 to 120 at caster level 20) to any elemental
    you touch.
    A... little specific. I guess if they slot spells like a wizard, it could still be handy in a few quests. Taming the flames comes to mind, and that other kundarik one with the fire elemental boss. Maybe higher level ones can memorize enough infusions to find room for it, as well?

Still, touch range might make using it "interesting" for wimpier artificers.

I think that Artificer Knowledge: Potions will be an enhancement line that improves both healing done by grenade spells and healing provided by drinking potions...maybe duration of other potions too (bear's endurance &co come to mind)

Quote Originally Posted by Aerendil View Post
    Just had a second look at the "Insightful" spells as options for to-hit and damage.
    Insightful strikes = +Int to-hit buff and Insightful Damage = +Int damage buff.

But keep in mind that both require they be cast (infused) onto a weapon, and the spell descriptions on both also read "an item can have only one temporary item enchantment at a time."

So at this point it looks as though you might be able to dump either str or dex, but not both.

Which leaves Int as the main stat, and Con + either Str or Dex as fairly important stats as well. And some semblance of Cha if you plan on using UMD (class skill), although with GS options I suppose you can dump this stat and still make out alright.
    Was just looking through this thread again for something and I saw this post.
    I think a well balanced Arty (and by well balanced, I mean competent in Infusions, UMD, X-bow, and can melee if needed) will naturally dump Str. Well, maybe not completely dump, but that will still be an option.

Without knowing all the details yet, my first instinct would be something like this:
    12, 16, 14, 16, 8, 10
    or 10, 16, 14, 16, 8, 12
    or even 8, 16, 14, 18, 8, 8
    on 32 point builds.

Take Weapon Finesse. That solves melee to-hit. Dex is for X-bows, and you have a little Dex. Int for Infusions and melee damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Calebro View Post
    Was just looking through this thread again for something and I saw this post.
    I think a well balanced Arty (and by well balanced, I mean competent in Infusions, UMD, X-bow, and can melee if needed) will naturally dump Str. Well, maybe not completely dump, but that will still be an option.

Without knowing all the details yet, my first instinct would be something like this:
    12, 16, 14, 16, 8, 10
    or 10, 16, 14, 16, 8, 12
    or even 8, 16, 14, 18, 8, 8
    on 32 point builds.

Take Weapon Finesse. That solves melee to-hit. Dex is for X-bows, and you have a little Dex. Int for Infusions and melee damage.
    8 12 16 18 8 10 for an artificer based on infusions, rune arm, wands/scrolls and homunculus. All those sources of damage let me think a good artificer doesn't necessarily need melee capability, nor high dex for pewpewing when needed. With the INT to hit infusion you still have an emergency option to deal some damage, while beeing quite specialized in magic. For what is my personal taste, i would go full INT, but i'm not saying your instinct is wrong, we all lack the proper knowledge to make wise choices.
    The choice of initial stats will be greatly influenced by prestige enhancements (look to cleric that lacks warpriest PrE).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aerendil View Post
    So at this point it looks as though you might be able to dump either str or dex, but not both.
    If you wanted to stick with Repeaters you could go Rogue 6/Mechanic I--Int would be Hit, Damage, and Reflex save (oh you bet your sweet patooty you're going to take Insightful Reflexes too). Of course, give up some spellcasting for that, would be nice if one of the Artificer PrEs would nudge up the Repeater aspect some more. Feats might get kinda cozy though...

Flame Turret

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Quote Originally Posted by Delssar View Post
    Khyber is the worst server (IMHO) for community.

Quote Originally Posted by junior_w View Post
    Flame Turret

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    OMG yes!!

(For some reason i see solo rogues UMD'ing these to get SA damage.)

Someone needs to test this.

I have to know:
    Does it move?
    how far does it shoot?
    Can it be buffed? (blur, displacement, SS, augment summoning, heighten)
    Last edited by thegreatneil; 08-12-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatneil View Post
    OMG yes!!

I have to know:
    Does it move?
    how far does it shoot?
    I think I saw one of the NPC artificers summon one of these.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Xionanx

Why do I get the impression the Art Haste buff to armor is SUPPOSED to be 13 min and not 60 seconds + whatever. Reasoning? It is cast on the ARMOR of the target and REPLACES any other armor buffs worn, so you have to choose which armor buff is more important to you. Then you also factor in thats its a single target spell, not an AoE.

If its Single Target, Replaces another Armor Buff, and only lasts as long as normal haste then its a ****** infusion and shouldn't have been included.

If the above is true and its duration is 13 minutes + 1 min per caster level, then its a GOOD infusion.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatneil View Post
    OMG yes!!

I have to know:
    Does it move?
    how far does it shoot?
    Basicly it's a turret summon that shoots burning hands in 4 directions.
    It's a construct so can be buffed.
    No it doesn't move.

If you played the new quest pack, you would have known this.

Quote Originally Posted by Neouni View Post
    No it doesn't move.

Burning hands standing still is the worst summoned creature i've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Xionanx View Post
    Why do I get the impression the Art Haste buff to armor is SUPPOSED to be 13 min and not 60 seconds + whatever. Reasoning? It is cast on the ARMOR of the target and REPLACES any other armor buffs worn, so you have to choose which armor buff is more important to you. Then you also factor in thats its a single target spell, not an AoE.

If its Single Target, Replaces another Armor Buff, and only lasts as long as normal haste then its a ****** infusion and shouldn't have been included.

If the above is true and its duration is 13 minutes + 1 min per caster level, then its a GOOD infusion.

The durarion is supposed to be something like 5 minutes NON extended at level 20, which is already better than extended haste.
    It doesn't replace your armor buffs... It prevents other infusions, but that's all.

No it doesn't move.

Ah burning hands type spell, ok good to know.

Was wondering if augment summoning / heighten have it do more damage.

I remember the turrets shooting force at me. (don't remember what the peacemaker was shooting)

Now i dont have an arti so i cant cast the spell, and i didnt get a scroll drop personally, i still have questions.

As for doing the the pack i did it about 10 min after copies made it to the test server. Don't assume you know what i have / haven't done.
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

Flame Turret?

Interesting

is it a continuous flame or does it flame at intervals?

What is the damage code?

Is it effected by maximize and empower?

Someone said its is buffable. How many HP does it have?

Could be a good thing to draw mobs into.

Aesop
    Rule 1: Don't sweat the small stuff
    Rule 2: Its all small stuff
    Rule 3: People are stupid. You, me everyone... expect it
    more rules to come in a different sig

Quote Originally Posted by Aesop View Post
    Flame Turret?

Interesting

is it a continuous flame or does it flame at intervals?

What is the damage code?

Is it effected by maximize and empower?

Someone said its is buffable. How many HP does it have?

Could be a good thing to draw mobs into.

Aesop
    Continuous flame.

Unknown (not fought it as melee yet, but seems to scale on difficulties).

It's a summon, so would presume not.

Seems squishy when fighting enemies, but on level 6 when the artificer summons it, it's probably very effective.

Since it's a summon, it can build his own aggro.
    Maybe use diplo and heal it up ?

Continuous flame.

Unknown (not fought it as melee yet, but seems to scale on difficulties).

It's a summon, so would presume not.

Seems squishy when fighting enemies, but on level 6 when the artificer summons it, it's probably very effective.

Since it's a summon, it can build his own aggro.
    Maybe use diplo and heal it up ?
    hmm... there are Construct specific buffs that the Artificer gets as well. Buff him up and draw the mobs in if it draws the aggro switch to healing

Could be fun

Aesop
    more rules to come in a different sig

Community Member

Is an arty pet considered a summons like all other pets and if not does that mean he can have a pet and a turret and so with a hireling a rogue/arty could easily get sneak attacks in on solo. Also if he creates traps around the turret and lures loads of mobs to the area then that could be fun. The ambush option could be fun too in a party if there are more powerful turrets and the pet scales per level.
    **********KNIGHTSOFSHADOW ***********
    CUDGOCleric 16/ Fighter 2 TR2 AXEFISTBarbarian 20
    CELESTERAFvS 20 FEYNASorc 17 CUDGERogue 17

Xionanx

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    The durarion is supposed to be something like 5 minutes NON extended at level 20, which is already better than extended haste.
    It doesn't replace your armor buffs... It prevents other infusions, but that's all.
    60 + 12*20 = 5 Minutes at 20, which is still **** for a single target buff, when an AOE haste lasts 3+ minutes.

Also, it counts as an ITEM enhancement on your Armor, and it says you can only have ONE item enhancement on an item at a time, so if there are OTHER item enhancements for your armor, then low and behold it will overwrite them or prevent you from using them, which is exactly what I said.

Again. for what its currently being advertised as, its a **** ability.

60 + 12*20 = 5 Minutes at 20, which is still **** for a single target buff, when an AOE haste lasts 3+ minutes.

Also, it counts as an ITEM enhancement on your Armor, and it says you can only have ONE item enhancement on an item at a time, so if there are OTHER item enhancements for your armor, then low and behold it will overwrite them or prevent you from using them, which is exactly what I said.

An extended haste lasts 4 minutes. If the armor of speed is 5 base and extendable to 10 that doesn't seem bad as a single target ability that cannot be dispelled.

It does sound expensive on the SP hitting a full raid party, but not bad. If they aren't great hasters they still have better than potions and cleric/fvs's so I'm thinking it won't hurt to let bards, wizzies, and sorcs maintain better group hasting ability.

Since it's unlikely to stack with haste just let someone else haste and add a different armor buff. I'll take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

well in a normal sized party it won't be too bad

Melee
    Melee
    Arcane
    Divine
    Arti
    Misc

Depending you may have to cast 3-4 casting of it and it lasts 2.5 times as long as haste

A Raid group could be worse since we generally see groups with a lot of melees

However even there

Divine
    Divine
    Arcane
    Arcane
    Bard
    Arti

on average the arcanes and divines don't really need it

Aesop