Quote Originally Posted by Aashrym View Post
An extended haste lasts 4 minutes. If the armor of speed is 5 base and extendable to 10 that doesn't seem bad as a single target ability that cannot be dispelled.

It does sound expensive on the SP hitting a full raid party, but not bad. If they aren't great hasters they still have better than potions and cleric/fvs's so I'm thinking it won't hurt to let bards, wizzies, and sorcs maintain better group hasting ability.

Since it's unlikely to stack with haste just let someone else haste and add a different armor buff. I'll take it.
And thats the problem I see, why make yet another redundant ability. If you have an Artificer and a Sorc/Bard/Wizzy and the party and its still better to just let the Sorc/Bard/Wizzy cast haste, then why make a completely different ability in the first place? Just give artificers Haste.

However IF the ability lasts longer, say 10 Minutes + 30s/level then suddenly you have an ability people are willing to wait for it to be cast on everyone, as its a set it and forget it haste. It gives artificers a "Go to" buff that makes their haste more desirable then the AoE haste of the other casters. Being able to haste once at the start of a run would be an awesome boon