Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Calebro View Post
    That's actually explained later on.... but I won't tell you when or where. I guess you'll just have to read all that nasty NPC dialogue.
    i don't think it *is* explained later on, any more. it used to be, but then they changed the raid.

(spoiler): highlight for details

Velah needs to read the dragonshards stored in the bank to get more information on the draconic prophecy, something to do with an impending quori invasion or some such thing... i think. never actually got to run the raid back when you actually were told why velah was hanging out in the vault.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Regarding Velah ((Spoilers))

Actually, most of that story was/is told via some of the leadup to both Vault of Night and the Gianthold updates. Velah herself talks a little about it during the raid as well if you pay attention. Simply, she wishes to see the dragonshards that are stored in Vault of Night to read pieces of the Dragonic Prophecy. This Prophecy is related to the Stormreaver and his resurrection. A lot of bad things happened because of the Giant Empire (Quari Invasion), and the dragons want to make sure that doesn't happen again.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Default This may be an absurd question...

but I haven't seen it specifically addressed. Does anyone know if Armor of Speed and haste stack? Since one is an item enhancement and one is a spell, there seems to be some remote possibility of stacking.

AGW

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrisoner View Post
    but I haven't seen it specifically addressed. Does anyone know if Armor of Speed and haste stack? Since one is an item enhancement and one is a spell, there seems to be some remote possibility of stacking.

AGW
    I don't know but I would be extremely surprised if they stack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Aashrym View Post
    I don't know but I would be extremely surprised if they stack.
    Since it sounds like they are multiplying boss hp's by 10, maybe having them stack isn't such a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by AscendantMadness View Post
    It really seems that Turbine has flipped a switch and has become only concerned with making the lowest common denominators in the player base happy. From the content that is implemented to these "short and sweet" descriptions, the programming has been focused more and more towards either casual gamers who can't figure out what dice mean, or power gamers who just want to get the biggest damage numbers rolling up the screen. Please don't forget that this game is supposed to be Dungeons & Dragons Online!
    Decades were spent creating a game world where imagination and at least a modicum of intelligent thought are required to guide engaging characters through truly immersing stories. DDO has become almost the opposite of that. The story lines and quest arcs are vague for the most part, even if you spend hours attempting to speak to every NPC in an area trying to figure out WHY the Big Red Dragon has taken over a bank vault. The premises of the quests are rarely if ever interconnected in any intelligible and cohesive way, even if hints are dropped that somehow all this evil is actually coming from a common source or grand scheme. If you go so far as to cut out the interesting descriptions and flavor text on items, you might as well go ahead and put in green/red comparison displays telling people exactly which item is better with the build they have.
    Seriously Dev.'s it's time to own up to the responsibility you have in continuing the greatness that is D&D into the 21st century. A game that helped teach a generation how to do basic math. A game in which we learned how to infer and deduce in problem solving. A game that let people experience themselves in a different light and most of all, explore the possibilities!
    I know this comment has no basis in financial reality, but I still love it. +1

Otherwise, just stopped by to say hi to the dentist and thank him for all his good work here.
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

The rel notes list the spells:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=206066

I wonder how they stack out. Because there are some things that seem like they would overlap or conflict.

Of mega interest to me is the 25% damage reduction shield, the natural armor for contrstucts, and armor of speed.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

I'm liking:
    NEW: Positive Energy Infusion

School: Transmutation
    Level: Art 3
    Cost: 15 SP
    Components: V, S, M
    Effect: You enhance an ally with some of your life force, giving them a 10% enhancement bonus to maximum hit points. You suffer a stacking maximum hit point penalty of 10% for each time this spell has been cast. The effect lasts for five minutes before expiring.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

Quote Originally Posted by Backley View Post
    I'm liking:
    NEW: Positive Energy Infusion

School: Transmutation
    Level: Art 3
    Cost: 15 SP
    Components: V, S, M
    Effect: You enhance an ally with some of your life force, giving them a 10% enhancement bonus to maximum hit points. You suffer a stacking maximum hit point penalty of 10% for each time this spell has been cast. The effect lasts for five minutes before expiring.
    Combine that with the Radiant Shield (25% damage absorption) and the one that gives a juiced up sonic guard with the high damage proc (i forget the name) and artificers are a tanks new best friend

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789