Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PvP hp boost

Quote Originally Posted by stille_nacht View Post
    if you build around a small, obviously imbalanced, fringe part of a game, it is kind of silly to assume that it will never be balanced properly. When you can one shot anyone, how is that fun in any way?
    Level based instances would've been a better addition.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Community Member

I guess the only way to kill someone now is to irresistible dance them so you can have enough time to nuke them down without them healing themselves. Sounds fun to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Avo View Post
    I guess the only way to kill someone now is to irresistible dance them so you can have enough time to nuke them down without them healing themselves. Sounds fun to me...
    mellee fights would still be fun though

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARIES View Post
    mellee fights would still be fun though
    That is actually very true

Sneaky community member MalarKan's Avatar

only thing i can think out of this, is that we will see more fire sorcs after update 11...

and battle clr/fvs :P

having that hp bump, it wouldnt take them o much of an effort to remove fortification from PvP areas... and ppl wouldnt miss fort as much, having that much hp.... well, until they encounter a bluffer twf rog hehe... or a mechanic rog chasing a wf caster with his wrack construct + radiance Repxbow ... that would blow muahahahaha
    Last edited by MalarKan; 08-20-2011 at 05:36 PM.
    Cisko from Argonessen: Prodigious Lord of Shadows, Master Locksmith and Deadly Firedancer
    (6th pure rogue life and counting)
    Long LiveR.O.G.U.E.

It should be an option for private instances.

Stash or Pit
    Deathmatch or CTF
    Normal hp or SUPAHEALTH

Also, the only real change I see in private battles between melee and casters, except in the cases of massive differences in skill, is that the score will go from 2:46 in favor of the caster to 0:5 in favor of the casters. You think casters can't kill you with your 5k or 7k health? Most decent warforged casters will have about 4k health, and do you really think you can trip them long enough to out-dps them?

Gogo hasted kiting and 10-layered firewalls. Or hey, just dance them and lay the firewalls down, since that's the only way to maybe score.

Quote Originally Posted by jakarta7 View Post
    It should be an option for private instances.

Stash or Pit
    Deathmatch or CTF
    Normal hp or SUPAHEALTH

Also, the only real change I see in private battles between melee and casters, except in the cases of massive differences in skill, is that the score will go from 2:46 in favor of the caster to 0:5 in favor of the casters. You think casters can't kill you with your 5k or 7k health? Most decent warforged casters will have about 4k health, and do you really think you can trip them long enough to out-dps them?

Gogo hasted kiting and 10-layered firewalls. Or hey, just dance them and lay the firewalls down, since that's the only way to maybe score.
    even that doesnt work since irresistible dance only lasts a few seconds - I tested this on llama with a palemaster guildy versus my cleric. It took him nearly two minutes to finally kill me, and that includes him spamming every spell he had (and using power word stun for the 50% boost to damage) I think the only reason he killed me was because I had gotten lazy keeping myself alive.

If anything the changes made it worse for melee vs. casters 1 on 1's since the casters can do much more damage in burst (and at a distance, that is the entire problem here). However, it does now open more options for people to be teaming up in the brawling pit instead of having 1 caster with an eardweller jump down and gank the entire tavern, ruining everyone's fun.

We shall see how it plays out I guess, but I don't think i'll be around the tavern that much either way.
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123