Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

if I am reading the screen shot correctly you get -20 because it's the 2nd time you entered the quest (1 reentry -20%). Does that mean if you run the same quest over again on the same difficulty you get a penalty right away (instead of the old repeat penalty)?

Quote Originally Posted by kernal42 View Post
    The phrasing in Cashiry's screenshots suggests the following:
    Run quest A on normal.
    Run quest B on elite.
    Run quest C on elite (bravery bonus!).
    Run quest A on elite. No bravery bonus, because you can only get it on your first running of that quest.

This means that Premium players running solo will never get these bonuses. Boo.
    I'm all for getting the bonus only once; I'm not all for that one time necessarily being your first completion.

-Kernal
    His first screenshot shows that he already ran elite once. So, we should still be capable of getting a bravery bonus once on hard (If we’ve racked up a bravery bonus by then) and once on elite (Same deal).
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Valindria View Post
    if I am reading the screen shot correctly you get -20 because it's the 2nd time you entered the quest (1 reentry -20%). Does that mean if you run the same quest over again on the same difficulty you get a penalty right away (instead of the old repeat penalty)?

No, that want their initaily.. I recalled out to get the screen shot of the origional quest I was in.. and then reentered Heytons
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery

Quote Originally Posted by Valindria View Post
    There's always been a re-entry penalty.. That's a penalty for re-entering a quest multiple times WITHOUT completing it or letting it reset.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    His first screenshot shows that he already ran elite once. So, we should still be capable of getting a bravery bonus once on hard (If we’ve racked up a bravery bonus by then) and once on elite (Same deal).
    I agree that we should. I'd like even more to see screenshot confirmation of this, however, which is so far absent in this thread.

-Kernal

Community Member Dark_Knight_Silver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dogpig11 View Post
    the problem is, unless you are a vip, u can't directly open elite.

this is more of a marketing scheme to get more people to sign up for vip, or buy elite unlock option at DDO store...
    Once I read this post I figure there's no reason to read the rest. This is a great incentive for VIPs. Rock On.

Quote Originally Posted by Cashiry View Post
    No, that want their initaily.. I recalled out to get the screen shot of the origional quest I was in.. and then reentered Heytons
    Oh good. I guess I knew that, but I thought it was tied to the word "Persistence" for some reason. It must be because it's the persistence bonus and reentry penalty. So if you wanted to run Nx5 Hardx1 Elitex1 you still could but you might not get the same xp as if you did Nx5, 4 other quests on Elite, then did Elite x1.

Community Member

The break down seems to be:

First time on elite: +80%
    First time ever doing that quest and doing it on elite: +20%
    Bravery (Did 1 quest before this on hard/elite): +10%

So his screen shot of the first time starting the bravery counter should have had a +5% bonus where the +10% bonus is now?

Unless he did one quest on hard and one on elite before doing the one in the screen shot. In which case it works more like they said with an additional +5% based on the number of hard/elite quests run since you last did normal.

I could see this causing interesting things to happen at higher levels. Not wanting to do shroud on normal because you don't want to break your streak for one.

Need to see if it resets if you run a quest a second time on normal, if it resets the counter or if it only cares about first time runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikuryo View Post

So his screen shot of the first time starting the bravery counter should have had a +5% bonus where the +10% bonus is now?

Unless he did one quest on hard and one on elite before doing the one in the screen shot. In which case it works more like they said with an additional +5% based on the number of hard/elite quests run since you last did normal.

I could see this causing interesting things to happen at higher levels. Not wanting to do shroud on normal because you don't want to break your streak for one. yeah don't want to lose that streak and getting a +3,755% xp bonus for running shroud on elite might make it happen every once in a while.

Need to see if it resets if you run a quest a second time on normal, if it resets the counter or if it only cares about first time runs.
    Yeah there would be lots want t run shroud on elite for a
    Move along , Nothing to see here

Community Member

I could see this causing interesting things to happen at higher levels. Not wanting to do shroud on normal because you don't want to break your streak for one.

This is being discussed elsewhere (in a poorly named thread for this topic):
    http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...&postcount=186

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Very interesting. That changes things a bit. My exp chart on my google docs was updated to reflect the overall effect of streaks.

But if it is only fir first times... Very interesting and definitely changes the dynamic of tring. Now people will desire first runs to stack bonuses.

The idea would be to have an opener bring you in, get the 20% and 80% for first time on elite, so 100% bonus on elite first time. If you did some elite quests right before that one to build a streak, it would give 50%+20%+80, so 150% bonus.

I think is to help push people into running every quest once. Good push too.

Noticed, no linky in my siggy... Here is the web url for the exp chart (not all content there):
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...UybGc&hl=en_US

Quote Originally Posted by Full_Bleed View Post
    Good idea except now I've got to go and beg for elite unlocks because I'm Premium.

Why is it that people who are paying for VIP are the first to say they aren't getting enough? Obviously they are getting enough or they'd drop down to Premium where life is "so much better."

I still say that if they continually add benefits to VIPs at the expense of the Premium players who have put a lot of money into the game without some reward for going from Premium to VIP (I.E something significant like stacking Loot and/or XP bonus on any Adventure pack you previously paid for) they risk alienating their Premium Players and undercutting the Premium program.

They would generate a lot more money giving VIP's the option to buy the Premium benefit by purchasing adventure packs than they would making Premium players feel like they made a poor financial decision ever being Premium to begin with.
    This!

I understand they want people to pay for the game, but favorizing one type of payment above the other is bad business.. Most premiums spend the same or more than the VIP's.

This is going to suck big time for TR'ing premiums like myself, who like to solo or dual with a friend.. I hate begging for leet openers and now we can't even unlock elite and get the bonus.. That's BS!

Honestly think that the unlock ability, free Turbine points, free to VIP and extra slots that people like myself had to pay for is more than enough for the monthly fee as opposed to much larger sums spend by premiums over a period of time.

So you run 5 elite quest to get the stacked the bonus [five times] to 50% and then you continue to get an extra 50% bonus until you do a quest on another lower difficulty the first time.

But can go back and do the previous ones on hard/normal any number of times without affecting that capped stack bravery bonus?

I don't mind the extra focus on VIP this perk will give, it's still cheaper long term to have a premium alt with all quests on elite to open for you anyways.
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue

I started on Elite.. when I enterd the second quest(Heytons) it showed a Hard(1) and Elite(1)... so it put both timers going... I never did a quest on hard.
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Full_Bleed View Post
    They would generate a lot more money giving VIP's the option to buy the Premium benefit by purchasing adventure packs than they would making Premium players feel like they made a poor financial decision ever being Premium to begin with.
    At this point they DID in many cases make a poor finacial decsion, depending on how an individual plays the game. If you play lots of Characters, and like access to all of the quests, then you most certainly made a poor choice by going Premium. If you onyl play a few Characters, and hae very limited play time than Premium is the way to go.

So why should Premium players get more benefits than they currently do, why should loyal customers who have put up that $10-15 a month for the last 5 years get a kick in the nuts so that the Premium players can get a free or cheaper ride?

Quote Originally Posted by redraider View Post
    Dev's - you rock on this one!

General Quest Changes: A new bonus has been created that awards players for running quests consecutively on hard and elite difficulties. This Bravery Bonus is a 5% bonus (10% bonus on Elite) that will "stack" up to five times, or until a player runs a quest on Normal difficulty.

XP Rewards for first time completion on normal, hard, and elite are now 25%, 40% and 80% respectively.

I love running quests on my TR on elite. This means Shadow Crypt Elite is the new Shadow Crypt Normal!
    Oh thank the gods! Finally a fix to the TR grind while still being challenging thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by zebidos View Post
    Oh thank the gods! Finally a fix to the TR grind while still being challenging thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    From what I understand reading all the different threads about the bravery bonus, it changes almost nothing. Only thing that changes is that if possible you should always run a quest on elite your first run, the first run of a quest is the only one that counts for or against your bravery streak, and is the only run that will give you the +50% elite streak bonus. After the first elite run, you can run the same quest as many times as you like on normal or hard without effecting your elite streak. It's kinda lame really, everything is all about the first time you run the quest now, but then it's just back to the same repetition of runs on normal/hard.

I just love the idea, even if it's just a first timer bonus.

Is this how we think it works?

Run Korthos quests...
    Quest 1 elite - 80% +20%
    Quest 2 elite - 80% +20% +10%
    Quest 3 elite - 80% +20% +20%
    Quest 4 elite - 80% +20% +30%
    Quest 5 elite - 80% +20% +40%
    Quest 6 elite - 80% +20% +50%
    Quest 7 elite - 80% +20% +50%
    Quest 8 elite - 80% +20% +50%

I love the idea of running each quest in game once on elite - maybe 80% of the game is required to cap a 2nd TR. That number keeps going down as they add more content.

Forget farming, play the whole game. There are some excellent quests (Faithful Departed anyone? lol) out there.

Check this out from the 5th...

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...01&postcount=6
    Captain's Crew - Ghallanda

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by redraider View Post
    I just love the idea, even if it's just a first timer bonus.

Is this how we think it works?

Run Korthos quests...
    Quest 1 elite - 80% +20%
    Quest 2 elite - 80% +20% +10%
    Quest 3 elite - 80% +20% +20%
    Quest 4 elite - 80% +20% +30%
    Quest 5 elite - 80% +20% +40%
    Quest 6 elite - 80% +20% +50%
    Quest 7 elite - 80% +20% +50%
    Quest 8 elite - 80% +20% +50%

I love the idea of running each quest in game once on elite - maybe 80% of the game is required to cap a 2nd TR. That number keeps going down as they add more content.

Forget farming, play the whole game. There are some excellent quests (Faithful Departed anyone? lol) out there.

Check this out from the 5th...

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...01&postcount=6
    Yes, that is how it should work, although I didn't know about the extra +20% for doing elite on your first run...so yeah, once you get a 5 streak going, each first run of a quest on elite will be at +150% xp bonus. Then you can run that same quest 1 time on normal and 1 time on hard to get the xp bonus for those. Sadly the xp for some quests is so bad that even at 150% xp bonus, you'd still be better off running VoN3 on normal with a 7 repetition xp penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by dogpig11 View Post

this is more of a marketing scheme to get more people to sign up for vip, or buy elite unlock option at DDO store...
    Your point?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast