Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Metas Finally Spell Specific.

Metamagic feats can now be applied to specific spells. Players can select a spell on a toolbar, click the right mouse button, and set the metamagic feats that apply to that spell.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=206066
    Gasoline(tr) Favored Soul - 5th Life
    Deadwall(tr) - Soul Survivor - 2nd Life
    Gasolinex - Pale Master
    Gasomatic Systematic - Bard

(happy dance)

This is awesome, thanks for pointing that out!

Too late, extend is nerfed, and don't applies to most of spells, so whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

YAY! Thank you Devs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Too late, extend is nerfed, and don't applies to most of spells, so whatever.
    Haters gotta hate.

Seriously though, this is great news! Another great usage (and one I'd strongly urge most PM's to consider) is Heighten on Death Aura. While Death Aura is nice damage and heighten reduces the saves against it the primary use for it is keeping the PM alive. I rarely heighten it due to the SP cost but I hated having to remember to flip heighten back on again.

This is a huge change for the game's UI and will add quite a bit to the strategic play of casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Haters gotta hate.

Seriously though, this is great news! Another great usage (and one I'd strongly urge most PM's to consider) is Heighten on Death Aura. While Death Aura is nice damage and heighten reduces the saves against it the primary use for it is keeping the PM alive. I rarely heighten it due to the SP cost but I hated having to remember to flip heighten back on again.

This is a huge change for the game's UI and will add quite a bit to the strategic play of casters.
    Oh, I forgotten about this, so it migth be helpfull.
    Yes, I'm a hater, and I just still can't live with 30 seconds webs, 100 seconds disco and other CC to short to bother, and I still feel that I got wasted feat in my build.

Nomnomnom yummy neg rep
    Last edited by Vellrad; 08-09-2011 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Oh, I forgotten about this, so it migth be helpfull.
    Yes, I'm a hater, and I just still can't live with 30 seconds webs, 100 seconds disco and other CC to short to bother, and I still feel that I got wasted feat in my build.
    I'd drop the feat if you feel that way. I know I dropped it on my kids' sorcs. Kept it on my pale master wizard but it's almost exclusively there for Death Aura - if I played an Archmage I wouldn't carry it at all. Melee's will have to deal with the 2 minute hastes from time to time.

I hope they keep the current general toggle as well; like for, say, quicken. You don't always want to have quicken toggled for some spells, but when you have to cast a lot of spells RIGHT NOW, you don't want to be fumbling around in a right-click menu for each spell. Perhaps have a 'Never Enable' option as well, if you generally keep something on but have a few spells you don't want it to be on ever (not that I can think of any examples, but it could happen).

Quote Originally Posted by Arel View Post
    I hope they keep the current general toggle as well; like for, say, quicken. You don't always want to have quicken toggled for some spells, but when you have to cast a lot of spells RIGHT NOW, you don't want to be fumbling around in a right-click menu for each spell. Perhaps have a 'Never Enable' option as well, if you generally keep something on but have a few spells you don't want it to be on ever (not that I can think of any examples, but it could happen).
    Im hoping they did it smart and put just two simple options...

Always -
    Never -

And then let your base icons do all the real work.
    Gasolinex - Pale Master

Quote Originally Posted by Arel View Post
    I hope they keep the current general toggle as well; like for, say, quicken.
    What I'm going to do is pull the some spells to the bar twice. Then set quick on for one and off for the other. Heal/mass heal are going to be in this list.

Say, 1 = quickened mass heal, shift+1 = slow slow mass heal, that eats 10 less sp.

Community Member

Time to replace one of my first level spells with Hypno. Crushing Despair is going to be even better than before. Spell combos are going to be much more palatable now that we don't have to spend nearly 50sp to Heighten the debuff itself.

Divines can finally use Holy Smite and Soundburst for CC without having to pay tons of extra sp to Maximize them.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. This is an excellent change.

Community Member

For the curious, here's what it looks like:

The on/off are hard overrides. If you have it set to "on", the metamagic is applied even if you have that metamagic off. Likewise, if you have it set to "off", the metamagic is not applied, even when it is on.

The same spell can be dragged to multiple hotbar slots to support different metamagic toggles.

That means you can have, for example, Quickened Reconstruct at all times, buff spells never Quickened, and still toggle Quicken on/off for general use.
    Last edited by GotSomeQuestions; 08-09-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GotSomeQuestions View Post

The on/off are hard overrides. If you have it set to "on", the metamagic is applied even if you have that metamagic off. Likewise, if you have it set to "off", the metamagic is not applied, even when it is on.

The same spell can be dragged to multiple hotbar slots to support different metamagic toggles.

That means you can have, for example, Quickened Reconstruct at all times, buff spells never Quickened, and still toggle Quicken on/off for general use.
    Awsome +1

This is exactly how i hoped it would be done.
    Gasolinex - Pale Master

Community Member

Default Awesome

No on and off for quicken when I just want to toss some hjealz between fights, or before I toss buffs out. Empower healing on for the cures, but not for heal and mass heal. Max the **** out of divine punishment. Solo healing raids becomes a bit easier from a spell point use standpoint.

OTOH, my already junked up screen space just earned 2 more hotbars.

Thank you very much for this post and another thanks to the devs for this

Probably the best thing about this update for me, even if that sounds weird.

Community Member

After seeing this, all I have to say is

sweet...seriously sweet

in practical terms, this means just about every caster will have the equivalent of 100s of extra SP to play with per rest for the simple expenditure of 2mins playing around with the UI - win!
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Community Member

best thing ever happened with metas

Worthy of praise, now you no longer have to turn the metas on and off repeteadly to benefit from the reduced costs from u9.
    Is also handy in so many quests, specially for quicken and heighten.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast