Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default new xp bonus "Bravery Bonus "

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    As to the Elite/Hard not being rewarding enough, we got this change coming soon(tm). I'm quoting from Lammania release notes:

* A new bonus has been created that awards players for running quests consecutively on hard and elite difficulties. This Bravery Bonus is a 5% bonus (10% bonus on Elite) that will "stack" up to five times, or until a player runs a quest on Normal difficulty.
    * XP Rewards for first time completion on normal, hard, and elite are now 25%, 40% and 80% respectively.

So, yeah. Die harder!
    sweet
    Ghallanda Guild Keepers of the Asylum & Plague -[ Beowulfs 14 fighter/3 pal / 3rog Drow]

I LOVE this. "XP Farming" is the lamest thing in the history of gaming and makes me want to vommit. Anything the rewards people to play more content and on higher difficulties is awesome.

Thumbs up Turbine, this ALMOST has me over the U5 Tempest nerfs

is this for sure?
    this seems rather exciting

Thumbs UP!! I love to here the "ding" !!
    Goat, Sammich, Poultry

Quote Originally Posted by grodon9999 View Post
    I LOVE this. "XP Farming" is the lamest thing in the history of gaming and makes me want to vommit. Anything the rewards people to play more content and on higher difficulties is awesome.

They will still xp farm...just at different levels.

It won't change much I'm betting. A little more xp isn't going to make people want to protect Coyle more often. The method may change though..instead of 10xN, H, E, some other way may be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    They will still xp farm...just at different levels.
    I still run VoN3 and shadowcrypt a few times as well, but with an 80% first time XP bonus running more content makes more sense.

Seriously awesome right? I will now actually TR dingal into 36pt!
    April 27th, 2011 - Dungeons and Casters Unlimited is released to the public
    Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    This is an impressive min/min build.

I still run VoN3 and shadowcrypt a few times as well, but with an 80% first time XP bonus running more content makes more sense.
    You'd be surprised how many quests of lvl 5-13, even on a first time elite completion with the 80% bonus, can't compete with the xp farm quests of today.
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

Community Member

Elite x11, hard, normal on all usual xp farm quests ftw. Cap in 3 days.
    Teth - Ascendance

Old School n00b that used to be pretty good at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithic View Post
    You'd be surprised how many quests of lvl 5-13, even on a first time elite completion with the 80% bonus, can't compete with the xp farm quests of today.
    But it will be closer now, and those of us (read: most humans) who don't have any fun repeating the same 25 quests won't be that much behind those of you who do.

This change will definitely get me to try a double-TR again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Besides, maybe they stealth-nerfed Shadow Crypt's XP... They definitely need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

This may not fix TRing completely, but it looks like a very big step forward to me.

TRing currently has two problems:

1: It's so XP intensive that you pretty much have to farm the high value quests
    2: XP is hard to come by at the upper end, so if you have any concerns about time efficiency you farm behind i.e. doing level 12 quests on normal at level 13 so you pull the maximum xp forward that you can

These compound each other, as you are doing the same quests over and over and they are way to easy for a decenlty geared TR at level, let alone when you are one level over.

Big thumbs up if this change is really in update 11! It makes more quests xp viable and encourages farming on elite so the content is more challenging. Yeah the most efficient path probably hasn't changed much, but the spread between the most efficient path and other paths is a lot less than it was so I can trade off some efficieny for more fun without adding serious amounts of time to my TR cycles.
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    Might be Elite x5, Hard x5, Norm 1... but I'm sure Star will figure it out and update his path for us on his next life

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    Some people can cap in 3 days anyway.

Honestly I like the change - I'd rather hit all the gianthold sides on hard then elite in one pass than hit the same one or two over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

This is true. But that level bracket is dominated by a few big quests (Delara's 2, Delara's 4, Bloody Crypt, Shadow Crypt, VON3, Relic of a Sovereign Past, Blockade Buster, some others in the rare group that knows them backward). However, other brackets aren't like that, and those are the level brackets that need the help for TRing.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi67 View Post
    It won't change much I'm betting. A little more xp isn't going to make people want to protect Coyle more often. The method may change though..instead of 10xN, H, E, some other way may be used.
    And there are quests that will still be better to farm 10xN depending on the level at which the quests fall, the difficulty scaling in said quests, and the toon and player in question.

I know for instance that I would probably still run a lot of things on normal on my barbarian just to get the dungeon scaling in place. It's not that I couldn't complete the quests on Elite. It's just that the time it takes to chug the pots to heal back up make it more efficient to run on normal. Those same quests on an arcane/divine though? Elitex10 would be far more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    Might be Elite x5, Hard x5, Norm 1... but I'm sure Star will figure it out and update his path for us on his next life
    He hasn't updated his past lives yet! :P

And I don't care. I play the game to play a game not calculate the best XP per minute or any of that other nonsense.

Well...this is awesome!

As far as leveling efficiency- same would apply, hit a quest one level above its normal level- exhaust the entire elite bravery bonus first, then the hard, and wrap it up with normals til its dry.

Only difference, is that now you'll be effectively milking quests one level below it since your'e starting off with elite while gaining full xp when you hit norm- but that doesn't bother me much. Great change!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast